The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Right of Residence

UK citizen

TLSucks
post 19.Feb.2018, 10:09 AM
Post #16

The Sweden-UK tax treaty only gives UK the right to tax Directors' fees originating from UK companies, it does not remove the right for Sweden to tax it as income. Unlike UK, Sweden taxes directors' fees as regular income, which means that payroll tax and income tax is applicable. To avoid double taxation the treaty also allows to deduct any paid UK tax from the Swedish tax debt.
Go to the top of the page
+
andrewjames
post 29.Mar.2019, 09:16 AM
Post #17

By way of update, the tax office finalized the analysis of my historical tax returns this month (it did take 9 months) and I am paying tax of 23k SEK and about 1k in interest for 4 years worth of tax returns. This is a combination of payroll tax and the tax due on some of my self-employment income which could not be covered by foreign tax credits. The 30k fee to KPMG I think was worth it to get it all correct and accepted.

I also got my PN via the self-sufficient test in 2018, after having lived here for what's now over 5 years. There was no issue getting the health insurance through on the highest AXA plan. Maybe I got lucky, but the case handler said they are being more liberal...who knows.

So I have now applied for permanent right of residence. Hopefully things will go smoothly as all the documentation is in place and correct.
+
skogsbo
post 29.Mar.2019, 10:26 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (andrewjames @ 29.Mar.2019, 08:16 AM) *
By way of update, the tax office finalized the analysis of my historical tax returns this month (it did take 9 months) and I am paying tax of 23k SEK and about 1k in interest ... (show full quote)

If you have a PN etc.. why are you buying health insurance?
+
andrewjames
post 29.Mar.2019, 12:26 PM
Post #19

Because it's required to apply for permanent right of residence, and also so many people have questions on which plans work. While it may still be subjective, I am letting people know the top of the line AXA plan works. Just being helpful.
+
skogsbo
post 29.Mar.2019, 12:36 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (andrewjames @ 29.Mar.2019, 11:26 AM) *
Because it's required to apply for permanent right of residence, and also so many people have questions on which plans work. While it may still be subjective, I am letting ... (show full quote)

You have a link that shows you need it?

I had proof of income etc when I arrived here and applied for Permanent residency and a personal number. There were no problems.

You have an income, a personal number and pay tax. Unless your income is very very low, I've never seen or heard of anyone still needing health insurance to apply for permanent residency.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: