The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

"Skrå arkiv" in Stockholm?

*Babyclyde*
post 18.Jan.2006, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Is there anyone that knows of such an arkiv in Stockholm? I looked at the website for SIFU AB but that does not appear to be what I am looking for. It is really a geneological question that I have. I have a person that was a "hornmakare" in 1770 ff. I think he may also have been a shoemaker and a hat maker. The Stadsarkiv did not appear to have such info.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Alice Is Back
post 18.Jan.2006, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Doesn't the Swedish church have all these records??
+
*The Teenage Diplomat*
post 18.Jan.2006, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Yes, they should have it, and depending on who it is some other insitutions might have info.
+
*Babyclyde*
post 18.Jan.2006, 07:29 PM
Post #4

Yes there are parish records on Microfilm at the Stadsarkiv but, you have to know what parish the person was living in and hope that the records are complete. I spent Friday,Saturday and Monday at the arkiv looking throush parish records until I got dizzy.
The records are only as complete and accurate as the individual that wrote them. No computers then. I found the births of two of his children but not any other information.
He was also a borgare in 1753 thought that record would give some info but just his name and occupation was listed.
+
Willy
post 18.Jan.2006, 10:06 PM
Post #5

There seems to be a guild archive at Nordiska museet:

http://www.nordiskamuseet.se/makeframeset...licationid=3539

I don't know if they have what you're looking for, but perhaps the people there can help you find it.
+
*Babyclyde*
post 18.Jan.2006, 11:37 PM
Post #6

Hej Willy:
Thank you for that answer. It seems to be a good place for me to start looking.
Perhaps I'll find my guy there, somewhere.
Betty
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: