The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Landlord says I wasn't allowed to use the address

And now he is kicking me out for this reason

Aleen
post 13.Jun.2018, 11:56 AM
Post #16

Here's some updates and kind of solutions:

I contacted the Hyresgästföreningen and they also say that I did nothing wrong when registering to the address as it is required by the Skatteverket. Kicking me out for this isn't a legit reason.
The landlord is obligated to follow the contract which state that he has to give me a written form of the termination, give me 3 month notice and that the notice start by the end of the month I receive the termination. (The termination must be dated, signed and with the reason as to why the landlord is ending the contract).

I have visited new places and am waiting for their answers. I will write a letter to my current landlord, since he doesn't want to talk about it, asking him to give me the written form of the Termination since it's the legal procedure and because without it I have no obligation to move. From there I will have the proof that he is not respecting the contract and will be able to file a complaint with Hyresnämnden.

I hope he will write and give me the termination quickly so I can finish with this mess soon.

Thank you for everyone who answered and helped me! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Fernandis
post 13.Jun.2018, 03:00 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Aleen @ 11.Jun.2018, 09:48 AM) *
I have a question regarding the notice to leave, does it start the moment you receive the . Thank you for everyone who answered and helped me! smile.gif

simply just cancel your address if you can live with it, why you waste energy as you don't intend to live there on longterm basis. just tell him that you cancel the registered address, but it is also possible that you can register as C/O on same address, if he agrees.

Don't waste your energies in unnecessery fights smile.gif my sincere suuggestion
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Jun.2018, 05:13 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Fernandis @ 13.Jun.2018, 03:00 PM) *
simply just cancel your address if you can live with it, why you waste energy as you don't intend to live there on longterm basis. just tell him that you cancel the regist ... (show full quote)

In Sweden you have to be registered at an address. If you don´t have a 1st hand contract, then it is c/o
+
vosovicd
post 14.Jun.2018, 08:16 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Fernandis @ 13.Jun.2018, 04:00 PM) *
simply just cancel your address if you can live with it, why you waste energy as you don't intend to live there on longterm basis. just tell him that you cancel the regist ... (show full quote)

Respectfully disagree. She signed the contract in good faith and followed all the rules. The landlord didn't and as a consequence she has to move out or be an illegal tenant. That seems awfully unfair especially in a tough housing market. We are not living in a third-world country where this shit is acceptable wink.gif
+
Fernandis
post 15.Jun.2018, 11:54 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (vosovicd @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:16 PM) *
Respectfully disagree. She signed the contract in good faith and followed all the rules. The landlord didn't and as a consequence she has to move out or be an illegal tena ... (show full quote)

It is good idea to ask key questions (moving in, moving out, deposits, utility issues, registration) before moving into any accomodation, otherwise you create problems for yourself. i agree with you that she has the right to register there but if she doesn't need to register there and intends to stay for 1-2 months (except she also wants to apply for social benefits), no point to waste energies on something which has no meaning.

I lived in toronto for 3 months at someone house but they told me that i can't officially register on their house but only as "C/O" was fine., my rent was lower than market, nice area, registering with only "C/O" also worked great

AND by the way in 3rd world countries there are no fights on "Social benefits/housing allowances" , because their govts don't pay smile.gif
+
Aleen
post 19.Jun.2018, 11:19 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (Fernandis @ 15.Jun.2018, 12:54 PM) *
It is good idea to ask key questions (moving in, moving out, deposits, utility issues, registration) before moving into any accomodation, otherwise you create problems for yo ... (show full quote)

We signed a long term contract so that's why I registered to the address and want to move out now. I am registered as c/o but it's apparently not ok for the landlord...
+
Aleen
post 19.Jun.2018, 11:25 AM
Post #22

So today the landlord finally decided on doing my termination of tenancy, asked to see my contract to write on it the termination except that this a*hole changed the dates and nature of the contract.
When we first signed the contract it was a "from 04/05/2018 och tills vidare" and he scribbled it to then cross "04/05/2018 to 07/07/2018" to avoid the problem of not giving me 3 months notice and didn't have to write the reason.

I did a copy of the contract before he changed it tho, can I use it ?
+
SmokerT69
post 19.Jun.2018, 11:29 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (Aleen @ 19.Jun.2018, 12:25 PM) *
So today the landlord finally decided on doing my termination of tenancy, asked to see my contract to write on it the termination except that this a*hole changed the dates and ... (show full quote)

Normally if you change anything on a contract, you need a witness there to say he/she observed the changes and the witness signs their name next to the changes. At least that was my experience with rental contracts in Bermuda. Not sure if they do thing differently here in Sweden.

Otherwise, either party could just scribble things in or out...

Edit: also in my experience, the witness was always an upstanding person in the community. A lawyer, doctor, police officer etc
+
Aleen
post 19.Jun.2018, 12:16 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 19.Jun.2018, 12:29 PM) *
Normally if you change anything on a contract, you need a witness there to say he/she observed the changes and the witness signs their name next to the changes. At least that ... (show full quote)

There was no witness and he did it without my consent and no signatures to confirm the changes made. I will keep the copy that was made before the changes then and try to find where I should report it.

Thanks!
+
intrepidfox
post 19.Jun.2018, 02:23 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Aleen @ 19.Jun.2018, 12:16 PM) *
There was no witness and he did it without my consent and no signatures to confirm the changes made. I will keep the copy that was made before the changes then and try to find ... (show full quote)

You are being conned. Go to hyresgästföreningen and then do a polisanmälan. Your landlord is not honest and is cheating you
+
Aleen
post 19.Jun.2018, 05:17 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 19.Jun.2018, 03:23 PM) *
You are being conned. Go to hyresgästföreningen and then do a polisanmälan. Your landlord is not honest and is cheating you

Thanks for the help, I was planning on going Thursday morning and ask them what to do!
+
todorin62
post 20.Jul.2018, 10:37 AM
Post #27

Your landlord is wrong. In fact you are by law required to register yourself where you live or in legal terms at the locations where you have your "daily res" ie where you sleep. This has nothing to do with the contractual status between you and the landlord, it is between you and a third party (the government) and the landlord has no business getting involved with it.
+
Svedallas
post 3.Nov.2018, 11:37 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (todorin62 @ 20.Jul.2018, 10:37 AM) *
Your landlord is wrong. In fact you are by law required to register yourself where you live or in legal terms at the locations where you have your "daily res" ie whe ... (show full quote)

That is wrong. Which law? Find it please and share.

The landlord is under no obligation to allow a tenant to use the address they reside it.
They can of course allow it, but there is no law that states they must.
+
Cedar2
post 3.Nov.2018, 03:12 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 3.Nov.2018, 12:37 PM) *
That is wrong. Which law? Find it please and share. The landlord is under no obligation to allow a tenant to use the address they reside it.They can of course allow it, but th ... (show full quote)

All citizens are obliged to register their actual address with skattvarket, because we pay taxes to the communes where we live.
You can't live legally in Sweden unregistered.
+
ChocOwl
post 3.Nov.2018, 06:52 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 3.Nov.2018, 11:37 AM) *
That is wrong. Which law? Find it please and share.

Folkbokföringslagen
https://www.riksdagen.se/sv/dokument-lagar/...81_sfs-1991-481
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: