The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Young Girl Has Her Hijab Slashed in Scissor Attack

Canadians Generosity Abused in Hoax Attack

Saywhatwhat
post 1.Apr.2018, 09:21 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 31.Mar.2018, 06:33 PM) *
Lets talk about these articles that cover these poor womens heads.It is often stated that the women has a choice. BS. Religion again. Even if a women wishes to have this head ... (show full quote)

Has the western world really been destroyed by Muslims? I think it stands just fine. Maybe your limited “worldview” from Sweden is just that, limited.

There are much larger threats than Islam. Such as the white male politicians who control by fear... sometimes even fear of Islam. Hmmmmmm

Non of you Muslim haters even have a single negative personal experience with Muslims. Fearful cry babies. Who are the snowflakes now. Sheesh
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 1.Apr.2018, 11:20 AM
Post #17

Have any of you loony liberals ever been attacked by a person wielding a gun? Any yet you loath them passionately.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 3.Apr.2018, 07:09 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 1.Apr.2018, 12:20 PM) *
Have any of you loony liberals ever been attacked by a person wielding a gun? Any yet you loath them passionately.

Uh, yes, threatened. And I’ve seen plenty worse like those who were attacked and are dead. Are you also unaware of all the shootings in America? All done by non Muslims, by the way.

and I don’t loathe guns. I think people loathe the fact that such a dangerous weapon is easily obtained with minimum regulations and loopholes within those regulations. Makes sense to me.
+
Bsmith
post 3.Apr.2018, 11:38 AM
Post #19

In the US, you are 38 more times likely to be killed in an auto accident than by gunshot. Over 10 kids are killed each day while texting and driving. I don't see any big protest marches demanding more driving control.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 3.Apr.2018, 02:12 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 3.Apr.2018, 12:38 PM) *
In the US, you are 38 more times likely to be killed in an auto accident than by gunshot. Over 10 kids are killed each day while texting and driving. I don't see any bi ... (show full quote)

Over ten are killed each day? My goodness what stinky butthole do you pull this from? Out of the stinky butthole of a simple google search the national statistic is approx. 9 killed by distracted driving which encompasses much more than texting or being on the phone.

But either way, no, you don’t see protests over making laws to try and protect people from the dangers of texting and using the phone when driving. Wanna know why???? BecAuse laws banning it were put in place to try and regulate the potential harm. And,yes, there were full on campaigns to stop texting and driving before the laws were put in place.

My goodness are you 10 years old? I sure hope you don’t have any guns.
+
Bsmith
post 3.Apr.2018, 02:45 PM
Post #21

And there are laws, oodles of them, restricting gun ownership. Most of the shootings are done by convicted felons who legally cannot own a gun but, of course, do not choose to follow the laws.

And, yes, I do own guns. Legally.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Apr.2018, 05:11 PM
Post #22

Instead of condemning the second amendment, NRA and gun laws,
why not ask...What is wrong with our children???

When I was going to school the most violent thing was to punch somebody, it was never an idea to blow away the whole school!!!

Furthermore, in those days there were high school rifle teams and indoor shooting ranges in New York City schools!!!

Today's society has failed its children...The guns were always there...
+
Saywhatwhat
post 3.Apr.2018, 08:40 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 3.Apr.2018, 06:11 PM) *
Instead of condemning the second amendment, NRA and gun laws,why not ask...What is wrong with our children???When I was going to school the most violent thing was to punch som ... (show full quote)

Yes, they were there. As were the killings. Look up the history. Don’t know when you went to high school in nyc but look at the 1940’s and 50’s. A majority of them in New York City. I glossed over it but some I believe involved these rifle teams as you mention.

Guns are dangerous in the wrong hands. A lot of the people involved in school shootings today are mentally unstable. Maybe there should be better background checks into mental health status. Maybe the killings now have more impact because these mentally unstable people can get their hands on assault weapons now...maybe there shouldn’t be any automatic weapons. Cops included.

Background checks obviously aren’t thorough enough so what’s the problem for someone who is responsible and stable to have to wait longer for their guns?

Since this is so off topic already... aren’t the gun laws in sweden super strict? Are people there complaining that they don’t get their assault rifles with armor piercing shells?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Apr.2018, 09:11 PM
Post #24

I went to NYC schools in the 40's and 50's...NOBODY wanted to kill EVERYBODY!!!

The shootings were mostly gang related and away from school!!!
+
Saywhatwhat
post 4.Apr.2018, 06:54 AM
Post #25

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 3.Apr.2018, 10:11 PM) *
I went to NYC schools in the 40's and 50's...NOBODY wanted to kill EVERYBODY!!!. The shootings were mostly gang related and away from school!!!

My gosh. Is that how you people operate? No one can converse with or debate you because you keep changing the subject. You people took this from me calling out your anti Muslim, they are destroying the western world position, to gun control, then to cell phones, then to school shootings, and now trying to creep away from that once your idiocy is pointed out and start talking about gang violence.

Like children scrambling for their place in the world.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Apr.2018, 07:47 AM
Post #26

Isn't "you people" a bit vague, please be more specific...

TheLocal is famous for straying off topic...
+
Bsmith
post 4.Apr.2018, 12:29 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 4.Apr.2018, 06:47 AM) *
Isn't "you people" a bit vague, please be more specific.... TheLocal is famous for straying off topic...

"You people"= anyone who doesn't share his lofty, inspired opinions. You know, the great unwashed public.
+
Uncle Fred
post 4.Apr.2018, 01:33 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 4.Apr.2018, 07:54 AM) *
anti Muslim

Why say anti muslim, people can be anti anything. Or is wrong to be anti. Is there something wrong with you if you are something anti. I am anti religion, does that make me a criminal.
Because if it does then the world has gone completely mad.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 4.Apr.2018, 04:57 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 4.Apr.2018, 01:29 PM) *
"You people"= anyone who doesn't share his lofty, inspired opinions. You know, the great unwashed public.

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 4.Apr.2018, 02:33 PM) *
Why say anti muslim, people can be anti anything. Or is wrong to be anti. Is there something wrong with you if you are something anti. I am anti religion, does that make me a ... (show full quote)

Ok. Gather ‘round children. “You people” is simply in reference to you people, gamla, bsmith, and now uncle Fred who chooses to make the conversation about semantics. Can’t keep a straight line. I’ll encourage your parents to test you all for add. You people are so sensitive with your knee jerk reaction just to the use of “you people”. Grow up.

and you’re right, Fred, People can be anti whatever. And no it doesn’t automatically make you a criminal. When one spouts out anti Muslim rhetoric like Muslims destroyed the western world, then you’re just an asshole. You people express such hatred for a group of people whose activities you hate are shared amongst other groups. Yet you focus hate on Muslims. Intrepid Fox is the only semi sane person who admits they just plain hate Islam but equally hate Christians too. That’s at least not hypocritical. I don’t agree with some practice of all religions but I think they have a right to exist and practice their religion wherever they feel, however they feel. When it comes to th more “unsavory” practices of religions then the changes to them need to come from within that organization first.

And I don’t hate you people either. You just make an argument like a child. So I’ll be patient.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Apr.2018, 06:30 PM
Post #30

I am more comfortable with people that openly express their feelings about anything, than those that don't...Religion is a very touchy subject and it gives rise to very definite feelings that are often forcefully expressed...

A long time ago I had the thought and expressed it here, that if we were face to face across a table, we could pretty much speak as we have written...but it would not sound as bad...

What say you???

I like Trump!!!...Oooops, dodging "slings and arrows" now!!!
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: