The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
23 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »    Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

TheExpatEagle
post 22.Oct.2019, 07:52 PM
Post #196

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 22.Oct.2019, 06:53 PM) *
Cool story bro. What’s your point?Just because it doesn’t match up to your truth does not mean it is any less of a truth.What’s your truth from living in Sweden?To add.. ... (show full quote)

Cool story sis. What's your point?
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 22.Oct.2019, 09:33 PM
Post #197

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 22.Oct.2019, 08:52 PM) *

U mad bro?
+
Saywhatwhat
post 22.Oct.2019, 09:35 PM
Post #198

I really wish there was a way to mute people who use childish terms continuously.

?
+
champaignepapi
post 23.Oct.2019, 12:00 PM
Post #199

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 22.Oct.2019, 05:25 PM) *
cultural values

LOL.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 23.Oct.2019, 06:36 PM
Post #200

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 22.Oct.2019, 10:35 PM) *
?

I was referring to Gjeebes who keeps referring to Swedes as 'meatballs' and Sweden as 'Meatballia'.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 23.Oct.2019, 06:37 PM
Post #201

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 22.Oct.2019, 10:33 PM) *
U mad bro?

Quite possibly sis.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 23.Oct.2019, 07:11 PM
Post #202

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 23.Oct.2019, 07:37 PM) *
Quite possibly sis.

That’s too bad.
+
ersel
post 23.Oct.2019, 10:41 PM
Post #203

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:08 AM) *
This must be your first job.. Find a company anywhere in the world with no politics.. Your post also sounds like you are young and immature. Truth be told.. Gossip/backstabbing, that is for kids.

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 04:57 PM) *
Your post strengthen my point about everything I said about sweden.- Arrogance.- Passive aggressiveness.- Rumors and trying to damage other people's image.- We know better ... (show full quote)

+1 on your reply to the post of this "person".

There is an exact swedish term, in notions of the sort of passive-aggressive behaviour which borders with abuse (and his post is one fine example of it): översittarfasoner.

+
ersel
post 23.Oct.2019, 11:22 PM
Post #204

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:37 PM) *
You need psychological help, for real. Never seen a man ashaming himself so much. . I guess mental health is an issue in sweden.... You are making my point stronger for every comment of yours.

Who knows, about that part in bold letters... Perhaps people are just using the common prejudice (?) about the country to get the education they consider viable for the job market (hence the number of people educated as psychiatrists), or there is some correlation between the graph and the reality:

Attached Image

+
ersel
post 24.Oct.2019, 12:01 AM
Post #205

QUOTE (john.boy @ 17.Jun.2018, 11:07 AM) *
The saying You attract what you project springs to mind.If you are classed as resident then you are entitled to residence based benefits.If you are working and taxes paid in S ... (show full quote)

If you have a relevant university education (say - technology) they you should be classed as a viable working force. Not to say to be entitled.

Yet, when you have a foreign sounding name and surname, sometimes even difficult for swedes to pronounce (and I do not blame them at all for that minor detail, for all rational reasons), well, then the waiting time for the job is a bit longer than for those from the same class (year), who pass by with ease, while those former-mentioned are put well within their designated place - second grade citizens.

Are those the "benefits" you and your country should be pursuing, with all hyped up image projected to the outside world, or the OP and rest of the bunch here are missing a lot or perhaps are ever so slightly delusional ?

I did not come to this country to pick up the benefits. I have been working since the early age, and pursued education at the same time.

Knowing what I know today, I would have moved away from here long time ago.

And you have eloquently (even if inadvertently) pointed out the one of the cores of the problem: some people are designated to work, some others are "designated" to pick up the benefits, at best.
All with smiles from the utterly incompetent recruiters who do not even take their jobs seriously, but are lead by complete prejudice and deeply rooted bigotism, never openly pronounced, ever so subtle, yet very palpable and easy to recognise as a well rehearsed pattern.

What is even more interesting is, when those highly educated people with strange names do get the job, they keep themselves in Sweden for about a 6 months, year, couple of years, and then move abroad, elsewhere in the EU and the rest of the world.

Never to return back. Ever. Have you ever wondered why it is so ?

These people have completed their education in Sweden, at Swedish, often well renowned universities.

One could argue that the country is getting poor value for the money. It seems to be such a waste, really.

+
ersel
post 24.Oct.2019, 12:14 AM
Post #206

QUOTE (Am89 @ 19.Jun.2018, 08:24 PM) *
Everybody wants to work however,there is a huge discrimination in the labor market. Employers prefer to hire natives. I don't agree with you that those who come here come ... (show full quote)

+1 on that, not much to add.
I have been told the same thing (about the job advertisements that are not real) by the native swedes, who have been within the game since many years ago, as employers, or well connected with the recruiters, as well as with employers, within the business world.

+
ersel
post 24.Oct.2019, 12:33 AM
Post #207

QUOTE (Am89 @ 20.Jun.2018, 10:32 AM) *
QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 19.Jun.2018, 09:25 PM) But I will agree here in Sweden, there does seem to be a major shortage of low skill jobs. ie, retail, warehouse, customer s ... (show full quote)

I sincerely don't believe that majority of foreigners living in sweden would avoid working for this reason. I myself have a masters degree from a swedish university, however, after failing to find a job in my field of education I took a job in warehouse with 2 months free praktik (internship). It was 104 hours a month free work I did just to get the summer job in the warehouse. I apply to both skilled and none skilled jobs. However, trust me there is a severe discrimination in both of these markets. (Sorry for typos)

Failing to find ? More like failing to be given what you would normally been given in the US or Canada.
I do have friends there, so I know.

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 20.Jun.2018, 04:47 PM) *
So many complaints from people who left their own countries to come to Sweden, it makes you wonder how bad were those countries were.The obvious answer is to go back home or g ... (show full quote)

Yes, you are absolutely correct, 100%.
Go back home (whatever home is or used to be) or go elsewhere.
It is important to do so while one is in the viable age (not being too old to make any progress anywhere).

Sweden grants the working visas to people from India, gives them the apartments close to their working place,
yet people of foreign origin (name), even born in Sweden, get the swedish education far more complete, meritable and competent for the same job, and have a hard time getting any job within their field of profession even with masters degree.

My friends in the US, Canada, even Norway (!) (all with strange, foreign names) know nothing about that sort of problems.

So yes, you are entirely correct, and all of the foreigners should take your advice with utter seriousness.

+
ersel
post 24.Oct.2019, 01:16 AM
Post #208

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Oct.2019, 04:18 PM) *
Like I said people happy with their life in Sweden do not post here, some say they are happy but post with negative exception.... Ergo, they are not happy...

Some people write before they think, or not think at all, or they are not able to function on any intellectual level worth mentioning... (bias does prevent that, very often).

Ergo, they are ... (do the math).
+
ersel
post 24.Oct.2019, 02:50 AM
Post #209

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 20.Jun.2018, 11:46 PM) *
The average amount of time it takes before immigrants find work in Sweden is 7 years. Until then, they subsist on the taxpayer's dole. Some enrichment...

Nice one.

One solution to that problem might be to cut that average time to be given work (not find it, since finding it is irrelevant, since the foreigner ofter gets discarded) to 1-2 years at most.

But of course, we all do know that most of the business and company owners in Sweden are immigrants, and not native inhabitants, biggrin.gif , so they are probably doing that on purpose, just to derail the country altogether.

It is really enriching for the people who came unknowingly to the country to be put on the shelf for 7-25 or over 30 years, having crap jobs never corresponding to their competence nor demeanor, and then getting laid off and being put on the benefit shelf. Some enrichment for their lives, indeed...

Taxpayer's dole in your own country has bought you one of the coldest and worst healthcare services, which has been popularly deemed as completely collapsed, or low-ish retirement base-income, in one of the worst (this has been documented) decisions ever made on retirement plans by any modern western hemisphere state.

Yet, the root cause of all of your problems are immigrants - "enrichments", who, according to your underpinning message here, seem to run the show and are invading the country as predators, keen on social benefits (despite their high education) and keen on not working for full 7 or more years and living the glam life in a warm and generous social and physical climate...

I mean, really... blink.gif
+
ersel
post 24.Oct.2019, 03:59 AM
Post #210

QUOTE (Am89 @ 28.Jun.2018, 06:37 PM) *
I can speak fluent Swedish, have a master's degree from Swedish university, a bachelor degree from my homeland's university, a non-degree university certificate from a ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 29.Jun.2018, 09:43 AM) *
You would need at least 3-5 years work experience from a Swedish company to compete.You are not getting jobs, because you have NO full time experience! Your are in a compe ... (show full quote)

I even applied for a job in arbetsförmedlingen and skatteverket. But to my surprise they preferred to hire some arabic people instead but not me (p.s. I am glad for them, not ... (show full quote)

He does understand it:

...you are kind of wrong to just blame Sweden for not getting work. You have no merit.

On the other hand, the people @Am89 mentions (arabs and those with funny accents, poor skills in swedish language and questionable demeanor do get employed there, instead of @Am89, since they obviously have those "merits" he - obviously biggrin.gif lacks, precisely for the work at the state authorities such as arbetsförmedlingen and skatteverket. (despite what he has listed - educations, etc.) Geez... biggrin.gif

Btw. I applied for some jobs in London and directly got invited to interviews, however, here in Sweden no employer is interested even to invite me for an interview. In my opin ... (show full quote)

Don't worry, since @Svedallas judgement here implies that London and the UK are inferior and far less competitive than Sweden in terms of job market and opportunities, there you have a solid explanation for why and how things are as they are. Including that instance of getting the job interviews in London.

But, what the heck, some of the people went even further than you did.
They went to London (two of them) after 10+ years after getting the degrees in Sweden, with dentist and pharmacist degree, driving the cabs in Sweden and being unemployed in revolving periods.

Both interviews eventually ended up in those people getting jobs. One has his dental/dentist clinic, the other is / was appointed as the manager of the local pharmacy. The dentist and his wife live in a house with 3 cars and feel no bitterness towards the country who has kept them marginalised for so many years, just a note of sorrow due to never making it in Sweden.

This has been documented long time ago, in swedish documentary called "Kalla Fakta" at the TV4 - one of the major swedish tv channels.

Good luck

Adding an insult to an injury, at the end of such ignorant post, is generally a poor practice that gets easily recognised by anyone with an ounce of brain. No matter how well (or rather cheaply) packaged it appears to be.
+

23 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: