The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   Reply to this topic

News postings from "the Savage group"

What you need to know about Sweden, or not?

chpmunk
post 24.Feb.2017, 09:04 PM
Post #31

Let Savage exercise his freedom of speech. I never have time for his posts because,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Feb.2017, 09:20 PM
Post #32

laugh.gif
+
yet another brit
post 24.Feb.2017, 09:33 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 24.Feb.2017, 09:02 PM) *
"...a tiny country in Northern Europe that has had the temerity to be objectively better at human development"Really? Like overloading its system due to smug self-r ... (show full quote)

Sweden, for all its faults (which are real), nevertheless actually took them in. Do you remember the interviews with the mayor of Södertälje? Which had taken in more refugees than the whole US?

Now, onto an interesting subject! Who is Savage anyway? I see three possibilities.

1. Savage = Maddy Savage
2. Savage = James Savage
3. Savage = someone else

My personal thought is option 2. Read some older posts...

Maddy Savage is in some demand as a pundit in the UK on the subject of Sweden. She was interviewed on the Today program earlier this week as such - and gave a very balanced view. Being interviewed as an expert on Today is - I understand - about as high as journalistic cred gets in the UK (and good for her). I can't imagine that she would jeopardise that by continually spouting traffic-inducing marginally-racist US-loving nonsense under her own name on a lame expat forum (operated by a website that she no longer works for) back in 'ole Mother Svea - but there you go. Just my 2c (or indeed 2p) worth.

Though if she is reading, she could let us know?
+
chpmunk
post 24.Feb.2017, 09:57 PM
Post #34

Savage, I do respect your third opinion journalism. Keep an eye out when they sleeping as they say. We respect that.In any debate there is subjectivity.Lets have a go.

Was there crime before immigrants? Yes
Is it worse now? Yes
Are all immigrants rapists? No.
Are there native rapists? Yes.
Are all immigrants here on refugee or asylum status? No.
Are all natives white supremacists? No

Now back to your posts, I guess what people are trying to say, you may be right, but your journalism is showing something else than just reporting.
+
mjennin2
post 24.Feb.2017, 11:07 PM
Post #35

Thank you, The Local!! This will make it much easier for us to be helpful to others. And finally get back to poking fun at Trowbridge. smile.gif
+
Bsmith
post 25.Feb.2017, 12:06 AM
Post #36

Shouldn't pick on the elderly.
+
Johno
post 26.Feb.2017, 02:15 PM
Post #37

THE LOCAL RESTRICTS "NEWS" DEEMED "CRIME REPORTS" FROM ACTIVE TOPICS.
PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELOW, TO VIEW THESE OTHER STORIES.

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showforum=86

And this highlights just how few people bother to respond to the sensational rubbish posted. Even when looking under Today's Active Topics , you see few responses.

Message - saturation means loss of interest. If only the message would sink in !
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Feb.2017, 03:44 PM
Post #38

The Savage Group has not revealed what their message is...

If they did, we might agree and then they won't be burdened by having to post all those articles...

Yes...No???
+
riemann
post 26.Feb.2017, 08:32 PM
Post #39

I have actually found that I have been frequenting the forum more often due to Savages news reports, it's a way to get all the daily hits without having to wade through all the BS in the bigger newspapers. You should start an RSS feed or something if your serious about putting out the top news of the day Savage, I would follow it.

I think its pretty BS that TheLocal is going to move your posts, there have been some pretty horrible posters and trolls on this forum over the years and I don't ever remember any of them getting the boot or being forced into a certain section of the forum.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Feb.2017, 08:38 PM
Post #40

I'm thinking that TheLocal went the extra step to insure that it's members are accommodated and free to post as they please...
+
mjennin2
post 27.Feb.2017, 11:17 AM
Post #41

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Feb.2017, 07:38 PM) *
I'm thinking that TheLocal went the extra step to insure that it's members are accommodated and free to post as they please...

^^In all seriousness, I also agree. I feel it was a win win. As Johno said, the saturation was worse than troll posts (even the pill peddlers were easily contained by deleting them as spam accounts). I participate on TL in waves, especially when I'm taking a break from Facebook wink.gif Whatever good that still exists in this forum (including the drama and mockery) gets totally screwed up when something is posted too much about. It's one of the reasons we tried to make a quarantine for everyone looking for info or updates about migrating to Sweden. No one would want to play on TL if it was made up of a billion separate posts about migration. Same goes for the bloom of Doom n' Gloom^TM by @Savage. I think this lets people have their cake and eat it too.

@riemann, TheLocal made your interests much easier too now. Just bookmark the Crime Reports page they made and now you don't even need to wade through the usual posts to get your fill of Doom n' Gloom^TM
+
andy_fin
post 27.Feb.2017, 11:57 AM
Post #42

I have actually found that I have been frequenting the forum more often due to Savages news reports

I've said it before and i'll say it again.
It's not news
It's crime reports.

I've discussed various things on TL with Savage previously, not particularly productive discussions but i'd always been under the impression that it was James Savage and even said that directly in posts and it's not been disputed.

Savage's pivot on Brexit was interesting though. Started out staunchly pro-remain and ended up very much pro-leave. Almost as though they were 2 different people.
If you browse James' twitter feed it doesn't match the tone of the posts here. I understand one is public and the other semi-private but it doesn't seem to be the same person.

I'm going for option 3. I reckon it's at least 2 people or at least 2 people have been in control of "Savage" usernames over the past year.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 27.Feb.2017, 02:09 PM
Post #43

I've been using the term "The Savage Group" for quite a while now and in conversation with them/it it was admitted that "they" exist...Not I, singular...
+
andy_fin
post 27.Feb.2017, 04:42 PM
Post #44

'Who is Savage?' is a depressingly dull question to be asking but one that should be answered if we're to understand if there is an ulterior motive behind the posts.

I stumbled across the old feedback post from last year.
http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...85341&st=75
It's clear from that post that Savage is in the employ of TL and has at least control over the content of the site.

It's sad reading back through those threads how little respect for the audience Savage has and the recent spate of 'crime as news' posts how easily 'they' believe the reader can be influenced with leading data.

So half a year ago, a certain group of people complained about The Local not covering real Swedish news.

In the past few weeks, we have started to cover "real Swedish" news in this forum.

- Usually the most popular stories in Sweden of the day
- From most of the most popular Swedish newspapers.

I wonder if the same posters who complained previously are now happy?

Or is the most popular Swedish news stories, from the most popular Swedish news sites now wrong as well laugh.gif

And yes actually i think the front page content has improved significantly since this time last year. Although Savage's "real Swedish news" has, and this is something i never thought possible, actually lowered the content quality in the forum.
+
Gjeebes
post 27.Feb.2017, 07:09 PM
Post #45

Judging from the comments in this most pitiful thread of all, I am guessing the main participants are the types who will, say, repeatedly visit an art gallery that features artwork they know they can't stand, just so they can meet-up with all the others who visit the art gallery, to view artwork, they equally don't like, just so they can all sit around afterwards, yapping about how much they didn't like the artwork displayed at the gallery.

Beyond pathetic!

And just so you know, as a result of all yers moanin, there is now a dedicated space for crime stories on the forum, which viewers can't miss! It is now easier than ever to see what a hole the place is turning into!

A real victory for y'all (not)!
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: