The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Can I pay my taxes?

Can I pay taxes even if my employer does not know?

TheLocal2019
post Yesterday, 17:51
Post #1

Can I pay taxes even if my employer does not know?

My employer gave me a contract. They signed it, however they did not ask me for my signature.
The arrangement is 4000 SEK + tax. But problem is, they did not let me sign the contract.

I am worried that once I come to Sweden, I cannot pay my taxes because they did not declare me to Skatteverket coming as their employee. I want to pay my taxes because I want to be able to get personnummer, open bank account etc.. once I come in Sweden.

My stated entry is March 12, 2019. Which is exactly the date of expiry for notifying Skatteverket.

How they pay me is also not clearly stated in the contract, if it is bank or cash. But I think it is most likely be cash.

Once I arrive in Sweden, can I go to Skatteverket by myself and register for a personal identity number without my employer knowledge? I think they do not want me to register.. But I need to pay taxes.

What should I do?
Go to the top of the page
+
TheExpatEagle
post Yesterday, 19:06
Post #2

QUOTE (TheLocal2019 @ 5.Dec.2019, 06:51 PM) *
Can I pay taxes even if my employer does not know?My employer gave me a contract. They signed it, however they did not ask me for my signature. The arrangement is 4000 SEK + t ... (show full quote)

In effect no because you'll need to say why you are in Sweden and why you want a personal number.
+
TheLocal2019
post Yesterday, 19:36
Post #3

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 6.Dec.2019, 02:06 AM) *
In effect no because you'll need to say why you are in Sweden and why you want a personal number.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by this.. If you could please explain, I will appreciate it..
+
TheLocal2019
post Yesterday, 19:38
Post #4

Because it is my responsibility to pay tax? As a person granted with work permit.. and I need to register to the Skatteverket to be included in the population register and be identified..
+
TheLocal2019
post Yesterday, 19:45
Post #5

Employment of third-country nationals
Employers are obliged to notify the Swedish Tax Agency when a citizen of a country that is not a member of the EU, EEA state or Switzerland (third-country national) is hired or sent here to work.

The employer must notify the Swedish Tax Agency that a third-country national has been hired no later than the 12th of the month after the employment has commenced or on expiry no later than the 12th of the month after the person commenced work in Sweden.

Move to Sweden
You who have moved to Sweden from abroad and who plan to live here for a year or more
should in most cases be registered here. When you get registered, you get a Swedish
social security number and are registered as a resident of a property and an address. In
addition, your marital status and your possible relationship with spouse or child, child and
parent are recorded.

You are a citizen of a country outside the EU or EEA or stateless
If you have moved to Sweden from a country outside the EU or EEA area or are stateless,
and plan to live here for a year or more, in most cases you will be registered here.
+
TheLocal2019
post Yesterday, 19:50
Post #6

I applied for a work permit 1 year as au pair.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: