The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   Reply to this topic

I'm a celebrity get me outta here - 2012

British TV - ITV 1

Puffin
post 20.Nov.2012, 07:05 PM
Post #31

So what happened to Brian? Mental breakdown? No-one seems to be talking about it
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 20.Nov.2012, 07:33 PM
Post #32

My fictional imagine says, Brian was having issues and the log that pushed him over the edge led to him drinking alcohol at the jungle bar (either in a sneaky way or blatantly in front of everyone). And since Brian is a recovering alcoholic, this put him back at square one. And when or if the producers found out they yanked him on medical grounds.
+
byke
post 20.Nov.2012, 07:38 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (sometimesinsweden @ 19.Nov.2012, 01:50 PM) *
So much for caring britain!

I was talking to the wife earlier and said ... "I wonder how many women dislike Hellen"?
As her whole persona and her body movements and pouting seem to (IMHO) put a lot of womens backs up in a bitch cat fighting way. My misses hates Hellen and constantly see body movements such as pouting that she feels is a taught behaviour to get out of a situation.

So if it is mostly women who voted for Helen, time after time.
It shows a slightly sadistic side of the female species which we all have ... but would appear slightly more defined in this instance.
+
sometimesinsweden
post 20.Nov.2012, 07:46 PM
Post #34

Women, in general, hate women.

They pretend they don't and that they're 'sisters' and all in it together against the evil males, but when it comes down to it, they're looking over their shoulders, comparing themselves with their friends and generally jealous and vindictive with each other. I'm not saying men aren't, just that women do it in a much cleverer and passive-aggressive way - along the keep your enemies closer than your friends vibe.

You just have to read a women's magazine which are full of pictures of other, more famous women maybe looking slightly overweight and spotty and this shit sells like hot cakes - because they read it, gossip about it and feel better about themselves. This doesn't really exist in male culture. We'll look at pictures of women, observe the female form and enjoy it - and get called sexists/pigs for it. Whereas women lap this up preferring to critique it - rank hypocrisy.

It's a huge myth that men are misogynistic innately - on the whole, we love women. But usually it's women who are their own worst enemy. Bitching, back-stabbing, creating unnecessary alliances, taking sides in others arguments and the rest. Every hetero male on here will see it for what it is.

Steig Larsson got the premise of his books wrong - went for the sensationalist violence towards women, which is fortunately rare. The constant mind-numbing destruction of each other by other women is ignored in our society.
+
Rick Methven
post 21.Nov.2012, 08:49 AM
Post #35

QUOTE (byke @ 20.Nov.2012, 07:38 PM) *
I was talking to the wife earlier and said ... "I wonder how many women dislike Hellen"?As her whole persona and her body movements and pouting seem to (IMHO) put a ... (show full quote)

Most people (women?) Seem to think Helen tends to flash her boobs a bit too much. Even her grandfather thinks she should cover up a bit more. Personally, I think Rosemary should get into a bikini. laugh.gif
+
byke
post 21.Nov.2012, 09:02 AM
Post #36

It will be interesting to watch this sleep in a bug bed challenge tonight.
As what I understand, each contestant will be subjected to only 1 type of creature.
And as we know each contestant has their own limits ...

So one has to question if the show will be steered to help boost viewer ratings by specifically targeting certain individual players and combinations of bugs to provoke responses.

Even if it was possible to get a shock response from each player, it wouldnt make good TV.
So I suspect that 1 or 2 contestants will have more focus on them - in part by ITV planning.

They need to add Karl Pilkington to the show.
+
Puffin
post 21.Nov.2012, 10:03 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (sometimesinsweden @ 20.Nov.2012, 07:46 PM) *
Women, in general, hate women.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahaha ha

Sweeping generalisation muchly cool.gif

Although I do think that women may be less gullible of other women putting on a little girl act to gain sympathy/get people to do things for them whereas some men seem to fall for it more easily

Just look at the difference between Helen and Ashley the 2 very young and pretty girls in camp and who is playing games and who is not!
+
Puffin
post 21.Nov.2012, 10:08 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (byke @ 21.Nov.2012, 09:02 AM) *
It will be interesting to watch this sleep in a bug bed challenge tonight.. As what I understand, each contestant will be subjected to only 1 type of creature.

But this threw up some very interesting results last year - remember how they put that model in with the snakes or was it rats? but she was great and surprised everyone by being fine and talking to them

By the way I loved Colin and Rosemary learning the Pussycatdoll dance from Ashley - the oldies are really game

... although I was surprised to discover that Eric Bristow is only 55 - he seems much older - must be his "grumpy grandad" persona
+
Flutterbye
post 22.Nov.2012, 12:06 PM
Post #39

Brian Conley's wife is blaming the shows prducers for not getting her husband out quicker, think thats a bit unfair as Brian is an adult and possibly if he is a bit frail mentally due to drink problems he should not have gone on the program.
I beginning to feel a little uneasy with the animals they put in with the celebs, I know the snakes are not venomous but one in the bed bug task did attempt to "strike", does anyone remember a show Noel Edmunds had on a Saturday night (can't remember the name of it) when they pushed the bounderies too far and a contestant died, it ended his career until Deal or no Deal came along.
I hope the producers don't make the tasks too dangerous and there is an accident.
I knew Nadine would be the first one out rolleyes.gif
Attached Image
+
byke
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:15 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Puffin @ 21.Nov.2012, 10:08 AM) *
... although I was surprised to discover that Eric Bristow is only 55 - he seems much older - must be his "grumpy grandad" persona

I was hoping we would have seen the back of him last night.
Instead MP "look at me" will get to live it up in the hotel until the shows end.
+
byke
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:17 PM
Post #41

QUOTE (Flutterbye @ 22.Nov.2012, 12:06 PM) *
Brian Conley's wife is blaming the shows prducers for not getting her husband out quicker, think thats a bit unfair as Brian is an adult and possibly if he is a bit frail ... (show full quote)

Big props to jolly rose last night.
She earned my respect through her determination.
And head first to boot.
+
Flutterbye
post 22.Nov.2012, 07:23 PM
Post #42

nicht verstehen unsure.gif
+
byke
post 23.Nov.2012, 09:36 AM
Post #43

Limahl went out!
Strange how some turn of events can change perception so quickly.

I thought Limahl's boo-hoo moment was designed on purpose to draw attention to him in an attempt of lasting longer in the camp.

So I was happy to see him join Nadine.
Together they can re-record the hit "The ever spending tory".
+
byke
post 27.Nov.2012, 09:22 AM
Post #44

Poor old Hellen got voted out.
Shame no one is around to see her frumpy pout now she is out.

I was really hoping that Colin would have stayed in longer also.
Will be interesting to see what the show is like now that most of the interesting contestants are out. And I dread to think what TV will be like if Rosemary wins.
+
Ballcocks
post 27.Nov.2012, 10:11 AM
Post #45

Surprised that Helen is out and Charlie is staying. Helen was in my predicted top six with Ashley, Rosemary, David, Colin and Eric.

I think that Eric will be the next out, he was amusing at first but has now become rude and predictable.

Would like to see Ashley win but I suspect that it will be Rosemary !
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: