The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Day care in Gotnenburg

Transfer to sweden

jssodhi1981
post 19.Dec.2016, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Hej Friends.

We are living in bangalore , and my wife is going to Gothenburg for the official assignment. She is travelling with our 2 years old baby. My question is whether she can get day care facility for baby from the 1st day, as she needs to report to the office after that.
If yes what is the procedure
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 19.Dec.2016, 09:39 PM
Post #2

The theoretical answer is "yes", if you are becoming resident then you are entitled to childcare, but how immediately, and where, it actually happens is another question. If the assignment is for less than a year, then I am not sure what happens.

But to make anything happen, you'll have to talk to the Barnomsorgskontoret in the kommun that you will be living in, to get your child into the queue. You have to be offered a place within some kind of time limit, can't remember how long. But the sooner you try to arrange, the better. The kommun is only required to offer you some kind of care, they won't/don't/can't worry whether an immediate solution is a good one. For example, you may get placed at a "dagmamma" (ie a child minder) rather than in a nursery. Or the nursery you are offered may be in a less-than-desirable area, or a distance from where you live. In essence, the earlier you try to sort it out, the better.

Note also that if you (as the other parent) are claiming any kind of benefit, taking SFI courses etc, then you may not be entitled to a full-time place.
+
jssodhi1981
post 22.Dec.2016, 07:35 AM
Post #3

thanks for your reply.

I searched the municipality , but to apply they need the address . So Please suggest me How i can proceed and apply. Please if possible can you suggest me some municipality near central station gothenburg , Or some websites where i can apply.

Thank you
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: