The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

The things Kids say

Bishop Conkers
post 13.Nov.2006, 11:06 AM
Post #1

I am starting to think that my son is a comedian... here's a couple of gems from this weekend.

The Scene:
We are paying to go into a local music festival, both of my kids are with me, daughter 9 and son 12.
I ask if I have to pay for the kids they say that under 12 goes in for free.
My daughter says, " I am nine"
My son who is 12 says, "I am 11 and 14 months"

Took the poor girl an embarressing amount of time to do the math, we then paid and went in.

Scene 2:
In the festival venue.
I ask the kids "hey, has anyone seen somewhere I can get rid of my chewing gum?"
My som replies, "there's a bin over there, or you can put it on the bottom of my shoe like everyone else!"

Oh well...

Bish <-- proud father.
Go to the top of the page
+
Alfredo
post 13.Nov.2006, 11:12 AM
Post #2

Rofl.

Stardom beckons!
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 13.Nov.2006, 11:15 AM
Post #3

Sounds like a child I could like. :shock:
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 13.Nov.2006, 02:42 PM
Post #4

The acorn does not fall far from the tree, does it Bish? How is his music coming along?
+
Shark99 - The Great Catsb...
post 13.Nov.2006, 03:30 PM
Post #5

Sounds like he could be the next one-liner at CSI Miami. He needs sunglasses though.
+
*Torque*
post 13.Nov.2006, 04:16 PM
Post #6

Congrats...but remember to look out for what's special in your daughter, too. (I'm not accusing you, just remembering an excruciating never to be forgottenconversation with a couple going on and on about their son getting into Harvard, as he sat there looking like a prince, while the daughter looked miserable and ready to jump into the Grand Canyon where we were. I had only met the couple one minute before. I kept trying to steer the conversation to their daughter, to no avail.)
+
Bishop Conkers
post 13.Nov.2006, 05:10 PM
Post #7

Woah Torque, that must have been uncomfortable...

Don't worry, my daughter is a real card too..

Background:

Went to the parent-teacher-student talk last week with my daughter (9). Now she is smart, not too interested in the straight A's that her brother pushes for, but she is more practical, arty I suppose you could say.

Her teacher is the same old strict haggard woman who taught my son for 4 years, and whilst my daughter is smart, she doesn't get maths the same as her brother as a result she gets to hear it A LOT, not from us, but from her teacher.
My daughter is strong willed and doesn't take cr@p from anybody..

The teacher was going on about how my daughter needs to work harder at the maths, and swedish, and history, and religion.. before skipping over the practical subjects really quickly to avoid praising my daughter too much.
Then as a final stab at both my daughter and I, she tried to point out that my daughters english homework should have been handed in today, my daughter said "jag ta med den imorgon" (I'll bring it tomorrow) to which the teached replied in a strict voice in perfect swinglish "Yes... TOMORROW"
Quick as a flash, my brilliant daughter responded in perfect English "Heyyyy.. I know a song about that!"

Doh...

Long story, but the truth is that Lex is just as wonderful as her brother... and they both get more than their fair share of praise when it is deserved.

Bish <--- Content
+
*Torque*
post 13.Nov.2006, 05:18 PM
Post #8

Conk, sorry to make you feel like you had to defend yourself, but it was great to hear a story about your daughter! I'm sure you're a great dad. You seem to spend a lot of time with your family, so good on ya!

Still a little upset with you for saying "no fatties." I think it's possible to think that without saying it. Why add to the constant stream of negative comments overweight people have to live with every day?

Anywho, you're pretty great.
+
Bishop Conkers
post 13.Nov.2006, 05:23 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Torque)
Anywho, you're pretty great.

And fat...

Bish <-- because I am fat I can call fatties fat too. ;-)
+
Nicklouse
post 13.Nov.2006, 05:53 PM
Post #10

and i am falling off my seat with laughter. laugh.gif

My daughter is strong willed and doesn't take cr@p from anybody..

so true! a bit like her Dad. :wink:
+
Bishop Conkers
post 13.Nov.2006, 05:58 PM
Post #11

So true Nick... I could see myself in her eyes during the teacher talk...

My school days were a constant diatribe of MUST TRY HARDER...

But I got good grades and turned out fine... she will too...

Bish <--- my fathers eyes

Heyyyy.. I know a song about that!
+
Roowhip
post 14.Nov.2006, 05:57 PM
Post #12

We are paying to go into a local music festival, both of my kids are with me, daughter 9 and son 12.
I ask if I have to pay for the kids they say that under 12 goes in for free.
My daughter says, " I am nine"
My son who is 12 says, "I am 11 and 14 months"

Took the poor girl an embarressing amount of time to do the math, we then paid and went in.

laugh.gif laugh.gif A comic or a capitalist or perhaps both smile.gif
Btw, did you pay for your son in the end?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: