The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Hello The Local!

A request for a Sports Section

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Jul.2012, 11:18 PM
Post #1

With the Olympics on hand and the opening of the football season in a few weeks, I would like to request a Sports Forum...Why not have one?

Is there a good reason NOT to have one?

There will be a lot of interest in one and more people would come on read the "adverts" that pay the rent here.

I repeat...Is there a good reason NOT to have one?...And if so please tell us!

Tack,
GH
Go to the top of the page
+
Garry Jones
post 17.Jul.2012, 05:04 AM
Post #2

I second this proposal. I would like to add I think there should be two sports sections:

A "sports section" for Life in Sweden. With 5.7 millions Swedes who are members of a Sports Club under the RF it really shouldn't be ignored anymore. People could ask about how to become a member, how to start a club, etc.

But mostly - "Major International Sports" is something we all like to discuss regardless of a Swedish interest. Many of us are avid Cricket fans for instance...
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 17.Jul.2012, 06:34 AM
Post #3

And I always thought that this discussion section was just for sports - posters who used their leisure time to discuss what amused or relaxed them. smile.gif
+
byke
post 17.Jul.2012, 09:40 AM
Post #4

Just imagine, we could post pictures from the web showing persons holding a golden flute with "fire".
While villagers drop what they are doing to come and stare in awe at this "fire" being carried around britain to show this magical feat by ambassadors of the olympic community.

/Hmmm Impressive.

Now, where can I sign up for a personality test?

Attached Image

+
Hamsterdam
post 17.Jul.2012, 09:45 AM
Post #5

Why anyone needs the local to provide anything from news, entertainment to sport is beyond me.

The quality is as low as you can get with the garbage they publish as it is.
+
Garry Jones
post 17.Jul.2012, 10:48 AM
Post #6

thelocal for me is 99% about the forums and my webicon takes me directly to "DISCUSS".

I fail to see how thelocal's news service has anything to do with this thread which is about the forums. Aren't you a little OT?
+
Hamsterdam
post 17.Jul.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #7

Just start a sports thread then.
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 17.Jul.2012, 01:58 PM
Post #8

I must say that I don't see the point of a separate sports discussion.

Meaningful topics are short enough as it is, so separating sports will just dilute discussions more.

If you feel strongly about a sports topic - like cricket is totally corrupt, Zlatan is way overpriced and Silvio has cashed in before the market collapses, John Terry really is a racist at heart, the London Olympics are going to be the biggest disaster yet, who is going to be the first Muslim winner in a burka, etc. - just start your own thread.
+
Shibumi
post 17.Jul.2012, 02:17 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Trowbridge H. Ford @ 17.Jul.2012, 02:58 PM) *
I must say that I don't see the point of a separate sports discussion.. Meaningful topics are short enough as it is, so separating sports will just dilute discussions more.

Coming from you Trowbridge H. Ford? Wow! I was going to suggest a separate forum section for conspiracy theories.

Different forums are useful not just for finding what interests you, but also for filtering out what doesn't.
+
byke
post 17.Jul.2012, 02:27 PM
Post #10

Does anyone actually search the different forums?
I generally just click the discuss button at the top and see just the latest posts.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Jul.2012, 02:49 PM
Post #11

Well, in my opinion all that was said in a sort of negative way could be applied to all existing Forums; EG Life in Sweden, should only be a posted discussion...So why does it exist separately from a common posted thread?

Interesting...Yes?

P/S: Not expecting TheLocal to carry sports stories as additional news.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: