The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Adding cohabiting partner to extension application

Is is possible

post 17.Jul.2019, 09:12 AM
Post #1
Joined: 11.Jan.2018


It is very hard to get phone call trough to Migrationsverket, especially now in holiday season, so I am posting a question here in case someone might help me with answer or advice.

I come from a non-EU country, and have been living and working in Sweden for almost 4 years now. My second work permit is valid until October 2019 and I am planing to apply for extension and expect to receive permanent one.
My partner (sambo), who is also from non-EU country (not the same as mine) has moved to Sweden one year ago based on his own work permit (first one, valid until January 2020). We started our relationship long before he moved and since he moved here we have been living together. We both work.
I am wondering if there is possibility for me to list him as my cohabiting partner on my next application for extension of my permit in October (even though has his own work permit still valid in that period). The reason for that, if possible, would be for him to get permanent (sambo) permit based on mine, so that he does not have to go through extension processes or new applications in case he decides to change jobs.

If this is possible is there any legal things (or limitations) that we should pay attention to?

I will still try to get information from the Migrationsverket directly, but it is always good to hear other information, personal experience, etc.

Thank you in advance for all the help.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: