The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

English-speakers living in Västerås

Anyone else here want to meet up?

auralblip
post 8.Jun.2011, 04:02 PM
Post #16

It's a fairly standard "English" style pub. Has a good selection of beer, whisky or whatever floats your boat.
Go to the top of the page
+
Joe4redrum
post 8.Jun.2011, 04:27 PM
Post #17

Sounds pretty good, or if you can think of something better let me know. What time on friday?
+
auralblip
post 8.Jun.2011, 05:41 PM
Post #18

5pm sound okay? Hopefully outside will still have places.
+
auralblip
post 8.Jun.2011, 06:04 PM
Post #19

Actually I can't be there before 1745 (just realised an appointment I somehow forgot about).
+
Vasteras101
post 9.Jun.2011, 11:49 AM
Post #20

OK- 17.45 at Bishops.
+
jordyn.searcy
post 10.Jun.2011, 02:04 PM
Post #21

Hej! I am so glad I came across this post. I have been in Vasteras for a month now and have only seen one person in my apartment complex--it's like a ghost town! I am from the US and will be here until early August. I like long walks on the beach and dancing in the rain...haha I'm kidding, but I would like to meet some people to hangout with while I'm over here!
+
auralblip
post 10.Jun.2011, 02:13 PM
Post #22

Well if you would like to join tonight we will be at the Bishops arms at 1745 onwards. Otherwise PM me if you want to arrange a meetup. Looks like tonight we might be able to sit outside assuming it's not crazily busy.
+
naturist_guy
post 2.Jul.2011, 02:34 PM
Post #23

Hello I am visiting Västerås in August from the 20th until the 27th. I was due to stay with friends in Pettersberg area, unfortunately, the father was in a car accident and later died from his injuries. Although I am trying to learn the language, I was wondering if any English speakers would mind meeting me sometime and tell me the good places to visit.

Right now I do not have my accommodation sorted, so cannot say where in the city I will be located. Please do not think I am after accommodation as I am not, just some help re-good places.

This will be my 1st time to Sweden and really am looking forward to it.

If you wish to add me to MSN, Skype or Yahoo please feel free to do so.

MSN dpw36@hotmail.com
Skype naturist_guy
Yahoo dionnottm

Thanks for reading,

Dion
+
Yellowww
post 6.Mar.2012, 01:56 PM
Post #24

We (My wife and I) just moved here and will stay for 6 months. Anyone doing any sports? I'd be up for anything, football, Australian football, tennis, rock climbing, ultimate frisbee, kayaking..

Also going for a beer is fine!
+
pauldavid
post 7.Mar.2012, 11:10 AM
Post #25

Anyone doing any sports? I'd be up for anything, football, Australian football, tennis, rock climbing, ultimate frisbee, kayaking..

Also going for a beer is fine!
love it, gotta be a aussie biggrin.gif
so what are you at for 6 months?
+
entry
post 7.Mar.2012, 12:51 PM
Post #26

That is a bit away from us but I would like to get there one day.

This is floating for the Gothenburg people:
http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=49157&hl=
+
Yellowww
post 7.Mar.2012, 01:23 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (pauldavid @ 7.Mar.2012, 11:10 AM) *
.... love it, gotta be a aussie biggrin.gif . so what are you at for 6 months?

Dutch actually smile.gif But spent a decent chunk of my youth in Australia. Working at one of the three industrial companies that define this town.. My wife's still looking for work though, seems to be tough for non-Swedish speaking.. Any ideas?

QUOTE (entry @ 7.Mar.2012, 12:51 PM) *
That is a bit away from us but I would like to get there one day.. This is floating for the Gothenburg people:. http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=49157&hl=

We'd like to get to Gothenburg some day too. Will keep it in mind!
+
Kibiri
post 7.Mar.2012, 02:21 PM
Post #28

About finding work: Today there is this Rekryteringsmässan - recruitment fair. I think it is in ABB Arena, or ... well here is website: www.rekryteringsmassan.se/ (Bombardier arena)
+
Yellowww
post 7.Mar.2012, 03:42 PM
Post #29

Thanks!, she went there today, found 2 possible employers (schools) and some lady suggested the Red Cross. For the rest a whole lot of Swedes and apparently the cleaning company told all the immigrants that they need to speak Swedish in case clients are e.g. old people who can't speak English.
+
*hedi_1919*
post 27.Jul.2013, 11:06 PM
Post #30

Hi everyone ... I am tunisian live in Poland and in few weeks i will move to Vasteras with my wife and our baby, i would like to have some friends smile.gif
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: