The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Americans living in Växjö

Any others here want to meetup?

*brooklynmom*
post 9.Mar.2009, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Hi,

we are moving to vaxjo from new york this summer. i'm here to check things out this week. i'd love to know more about life in vaxjo and in sweden in general. as you can imagine it's going to be a big adjustment from new york to here. would love to meet up with any american here. anyone to fika? my treat!

lixuan
Go to the top of the page
+
RMZ
post 17.Mar.2009, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Well I dont live there yet but I am also an American moving to Växjö soon. Let me know if you want to chat about it.

rmz
+
Natooke
post 18.Mar.2009, 09:53 AM
Post #3

Hi brooklynmom and RMZ

There are a few of us english speaking (expats)living in or around Växjö. You'll find our group on Facebook and we try to meet up for a fika/lunch ... or drinks.

Hope this helps!

Canadians in Sweden www.canswe.org
+
kiwiflicka
post 21.Apr.2009, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Hi

Check out www.mumsinsweden.com
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 22.Apr.2009, 07:42 AM
Post #5

Keep in touch on this, brooklynmom! wink.gif
+
brooklynmom2
post 22.Apr.2009, 02:17 PM
Post #6

It's me, same as "brooklynmom" but i had to re-register because for some reason I was not allowed to post again. Technical problem that the local doesn't seem to be able to solve. After weeks of this I gave up. So here I am as Brooklynmom2.

Just a quick update - we signed a contract on our sweet old house (built in 1927) in Vaxjo last week. We are getting the keys August 1st. So Sweden here we come...

Just realized last night that I'm going to have to learn how to behave in Sweden. A Chinese woman via New York is bound to experience some cultural faux pas in Sweden. For one thing, we aren't accustomed to following most rules, which we generally view as something there to be broken. Not in Sweden of course.

Mark Base i see that you found me smile.gif
+
brooklynmom2
post 22.Apr.2009, 02:20 PM
Post #7

PS, RMZ, whomever you are. I'm not allowed to send a message to you (what's up with all the restrictions on this site!), and I'd love to connect with you. Please email me at lixuan68@yahoo.com. We are moving to Vaxjo end of July from NYC. How about you? Where are you moving from and when?

Lixuan
+
Kind Man
post 22.Apr.2009, 09:04 PM
Post #8

Växjö is nice and greencity and I am sure you would love living there smile.gif

But compared to newyork it would be boring hehe because In växjö after 6pm everything would be closed so it is boring I love a city when i go out at 3am i should see many ppl

so Växjö is relaxing and sleep place smile.gif but I m sure you would have good time during summer smile.gif especially going to Evedal to get some sun lol we are dying for sun:P
+
*toro.steven@gmail.com*
post 25.Feb.2014, 10:51 PM
Post #9

Hello I'm American living in Skurup now in Svedala and soon we are on the way to V?xj?. I will be looking for a first hand two bed room apartment for April1,2014 and a new job in telecom networks fixed or wireless or optical. I'm born and raised in Manhattan. Lived in Queens and Bayridge Brooklyn. Sometimes I miss it but Im here now and making it work as best as possible.

Looking forward to a good BBQ in V?xj?.

Mvh,
Steve
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: