The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

English-speakers in Småland

Any others here interested in meeting up?

Drewster
post 19.Sep.2009, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Hi

Any other English speakers round here intersted in meeting up?

I have noticed that after 3.5yrs in the Småland forest, my command of English is declining due to lack of use. I would love to meet other English speakers for stimulating conversation.

I am a young 37 guy from Cornwall, England. Married with 2 kids. Interests are many but include sport in general and biking in particular. Being outdoors as much as possible with pubs, restaurants and cinemas as notable exceptions to this.

I read as much as I can on the subjects of science, humanism/skeptisism, religion, philosophy etc and would be particularly intersted in discussing these, although any engaging English converstion would be most welcome.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Go to the top of the page
+
jack sprat
post 19.Sep.2009, 10:59 PM
Post #2

Hi there Drewsster you been hiding away in the remote forests of smurfland for three and a half years and this is your first post?
+
jack sprat
post 19.Sep.2009, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Well there's a guy called Mzungu down in your neck of the woods who will probably make you welcome in any language you want, from English to Swedish to Swahili,...talk the hind legs of a donkey so he will,...and probably invite you to his own private pub and get you nissed as a pewt on his HB,...maybe even show you all the local hotspots and life in the fast lane up there in Jonkoping.
Oh and he has a bike also,...a big one I am lead to believe.
He's about most days so you should catch up with him soon.
+
Drewster
post 20.Sep.2009, 01:32 AM
Post #4

Hi Jack Sprat,

WOW! fastest reply I've ever had to any question on any forum anytime EVER! Cheers me 'ansome. Mzungu sounds like a bit of a character, I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

I discovered TheLocal when I first arrived on these frozen shores. I got the impression it was really Stockholmcentric then never paid it too much attention till now. Shame really as it seems I may have been a little hasty.

What's wrong with a bit of fat anyway? wink.gif
+
Natooke
post 20.Sep.2009, 08:24 AM
Post #5

There is a Facebook group of english speakers. Expats of Småland
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=791...gid=17555942446
+
*JSPSY*
post 20.Sep.2009, 11:56 PM
Post #6

Hey, I am from the Jönköping area if anyone is interested in a local network of English people. I'm new to Sweden from England, still learning the language (slowly but surely!) so would be good to make friends who are english speakers...!
+
nuknukas
post 21.Sep.2009, 01:45 AM
Post #7

Heeeeyy, anyone in Stockholm? smile.gif
+
Drewster
post 21.Sep.2009, 04:31 PM
Post #8

that's good to know Natooke, thanks. I'll get over there and check it out.
+
brooklynmom2
post 22.Sep.2009, 01:32 PM
Post #9

I'm in Vaxjo, moved here a couple of months ago from New York. Would love to meet up fellow English speaking friends here. I'm not quite comfortable driving here yet (didn't have a car in NY, like many NYers) so maybe if one day we all meet in Vaxjo? I'm happy to host a get-together in fact, in our lovely old house here in the center of town.
+
Drewster
post 22.Sep.2009, 06:17 PM
Post #10

That's a really nice offer Brooklynmom, hope others are also interested.
+
brooklynmom2
post 22.Sep.2009, 08:22 PM
Post #11

And based on the description, I think we must insist on meeting this Mzungu person. Mzungu, get in touch!
+
jack sprat
post 23.Sep.2009, 05:13 PM
Post #12

Hello Mzungu,
Come out wherever you're hiding!
There is other life after all, down there deep in the forests of Smurfland.
What about standing these guys a pint at your local pub and showing them the wonderful sights of Jonkoping?
+
Mzungu
post 23.Sep.2009, 07:22 PM
Post #13

What!... Don't desire a bunch of bloody TL riff-raff to resume polluting by beloved Höglands. Piddling in the lake and puking on the pavement,(sidewalk if you Yanks insist).

When,whereabouts, then I'll let you know?

*sprat, enough ridiculing of the my wonderful Attached Image,go chop some wood*
+
brooklynmom2
post 26.Sep.2009, 08:31 PM
Post #14

There's going to be a really good music event this coming mon-wed in Vaxjo. If anyone wants to come out, please let me know!

www.listentotheworld.se
+
Ashlito
post 15.Jan.2011, 11:00 AM
Post #15

I'll be moving to Eksjo from the 1st of Feb. So I'll be looking for some english speakers to converse with, as there are not alot of one's around there.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: