The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Finding an appartment to rent in Norrköping

When you don't speak Swedish!

Feust
post 16.Jul.2012, 09:35 AM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

I'm gonna be moving to Norrköping for a job in September and have started calling around real estate agencies to find a nice apartment close to the city.

I don't speak swedish and the people I have had on the phone didn't speak great english and didn't have too many apartments to offer.

Do you have any recommendations for finding an apartment in this area ? Some great english-speaking real estate agents ?

More generally, are there any translation professionals in Norrköping who could translate a rental contract translated into english ?

Thanks !

Feust
Go to the top of the page
+
orangetree
post 16.Jul.2012, 11:53 AM
Post #2

I may suggestyou to read previous forums for rental system in Sweden.
For second hand you can check www.blocket.se ..
With google translate, you can have wonders..

Also you cannot forever live in a secondhand contract,
laterly you can check hemnet.se to buy an apatment,
regards
+
robbz23
post 16.Jul.2012, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Hej

I live in Norrköping with my wife and daughter and we rent from the city's largest housing company, Hyres Bostader. Here are some of the bigger firms that you might try.

http://hyresbostader.se/
http://www.hsb.se/nybostad?region=site.ostraostergotland
http://www.stahl.se/

I would say you need to try to find a place soon as they usually rent several months in advance. You can try blocket.se which could be subletting. Here is the direct link that you need for that because navigating there site is kind of hard if you don't know any swedish.

http://www.blocket.se/ostergotland/lagenhe...;st=u&m=172

Where are you coming from? Why here? Do you know anyone in the area to help you?

Robb
+
Feust
post 17.Jul.2012, 10:12 AM
Post #4

Thank you for your replies. Thank you very much for the pointers Robb ! These sites feature nice apartments.

We had started looking at the ads for apartment rentals to start with, and called a few real estate agencies. Swedish real estate market seems quite particular.

My wife will be coming to Norrköping within the next two months to look for a flat and will be visiting. I hope we can find a nice place. Would it be more easy to find something outside the city (but still close to it) ?

We're coming from France and will be working in the Finspaang area. We don't know anyone here but we certainly hope to get to meet nice people. What about you ? How long have lived here ? Where are you from ?

Feust
+
robbz23
post 17.Jul.2012, 04:17 PM
Post #5

So I take it you will be working with Seimens then huh? My swedish tutor has worked with several people from there. She was quite good, let me know if you need her contact info. I moved to Nrkg 3.5 years ago from the states to be with my wife who is Swedish. Now we just bought a house and we have a almost 2 year old daughter.
+
Feust
post 18.Jul.2012, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Well guessed ;-)
By tutor, do you mean language teacher ? Might be nice, yes. From what I understand, the company will be taking care of language courses, but I don't have the details yet.

How's the job market in Norrköping for foreigners ? Are you now speaking good swedish ?
+
robbz23
post 18.Jul.2012, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Once you see Finspång you will understand it isn't that hard guess. The job market here was much harder for me to get into then I thought it was. If I had known then what I know now, it would have been much easier. The unemployment office in Sweden (Arbetsförmedling) has a program for new immigrants that will pay your employer up to 50% of your salary as a new immigrant for 3 years. Many employers might not know this so if you tell them when you apply you might find it to be easier for your wife to find work. Being able to speak some swedish is helpful of course too, but I got by for the first couple of years just with english. Pretty much all of the apartments for rent are in the city area, we live just about 15 minute walk from the downtown shops which I think is pretty normal. If you want to talk more send me a pm and I can' give you my email address.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: