The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

2009 Ashes series (cricket)

England rejoice, Aussies weep

jack sprat
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:13 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Renfeh Hguh @ 12.Jul.2009, 07:48 PM) *
You English are so sad... you swallowed Neighbours and embraced it... We would have killed it 20 years ago if it wasn't for you It was lucky for you that we have such in ... (show full quote)

...and to think these are the guys that go on about whining poms... biggrin.gif
Had that bloody umpire not been half blind or completely bent,England would have walked it comfortably.
Hope you aren't one of the Ozzie guys who put money on a 5-0 whitewash R.H.,...
Probably quite a few already crying into their Fosters by now,
Not to worry,couldnt make it much weaker than it already is.

Anyway on the bright side a guy from down under has actually won an F1 grand prix.

I think the last time this happened was when Adam was a lad,... or maybe your Great,Great Granpappy can remember it R.H.?
Go to the top of the page
+
Nuname
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:18 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 12.Jul.2009, 09:13 PM) *
Had that bloody umpire not been half blind or completely bent,England would have walked it comfortably.

Come on, apart from one awful decision (Bopara), Doctrove probably saved the game for England. There were at least 3 very good LBW's turned down in England's favour.
+
jack sprat
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:22 PM
Post #18

Probably a guilty concience for the way he C*ocked up in the first innings!
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:26 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 12.Jul.2009, 09:13 PM) *
...and to think these are the guys that go on about whining poms... Had that bloody umpire not been half blind or completely bent,England would have walked it comfortably.Hop ... (show full quote)

I accept that we are the underdog, but that is the way we like it.
+
Nuname
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:27 PM
Post #20

I think the Bopara decision did us a favour. He'll have seen that over night and maybe been a bit more lenient today, was he standing for Broad's first ball? Another wrong decision in England's favour.
+
jack sprat
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:34 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Renfeh Hguh @ 12.Jul.2009, 08:26 PM) *
I accept that we are the underdog, but that is the way we like it.

Since when have the World champions,especially Ozzies, been content to be called underdogs?...bad case of nerves perhaps?

By the way just wondered why you started a new cricket thread when your previous one was still around...too many bad memories?
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 12.Jul.2009, 08:58 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 12.Jul.2009, 09:34 PM) *
Since when have the World champions,especially Ozzies, been content to be called underdogs?...bad case of nerves perhaps?By the way just wondered why you started a new cricket ... (show full quote)

Playing away and with an inexperienced bowling line up... and of course the English ego rolleyes.gif

I remember watching Sky during the 98-99 series listening to Botham in the ads explaining what the English will do to the Aussies. It was so funny seeing the media build you up just to come crashing down, just like in Soccer all of the time rolleyes.gif

We have our work cut out for us to win the series, but I won't be surprised if we do.
+
jack sprat
post 12.Jul.2009, 09:08 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Renfeh Hguh @ 12.Jul.2009, 08:58 PM) *
Playing away and with an inexperienced bowling line up... and of course the English ego

Ego? thought you guys invented the word.
Bad sign when you feel the need to start making excuses already!
Anyway heres to a great series,(and the ozzies getting stuffed) wink.gif .
Congrats to Mark Webber by the way,for a great drive.
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 12.Jul.2009, 10:13 PM
Post #24

It is nice to have a bit of shit stirring fun with sport for a change. The Swedish office place is pretty boring that way, although I do thankfully have a cricket loving pome in the office.

Did you hear Webber on the radio as he was doing a cooling down lap... It was pretty easy to see the 130 races of frustration he has endured. It is nice that this year he has finally got competitive car and now the monkey off his back.
+
jack sprat
post 12.Jul.2009, 10:20 PM
Post #25

Certainly did.
One very Happy Bunny,...pleased for the guy he really deserved it.

Now who was the last one,Jack Brabham perhaps or Alun Jones?...not sure, maybe before my time.
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:23 AM
Post #26

A.J. in 1991

Aussies have 4 drivers championships (UK 13) since 1950 which is not a bad number when you consider we hardly ever get to compete in it. Those that do make it usually start in really crap cars because they struggle to get the big money sponsorship that allows them to get to a mid ranking team so they have a chance to impress the big teams.
+
Mzungu
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:57 AM
Post #27

Ozzies aren't half bad on two wheels either,both in Road Racing and Speedway...

From Tom Phillis to Casey Stoner in RR. From Lionel Van Praag,Ivan Mauger to Jason Crump in Speedway.Rather an impressive record during the years between of named riders.

*must be that Ozzie mad streak?*
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 09:13 AM
Post #28

Yeah on two wheels we have done well. These days it is a bit harder for Aussies to break in to MotoGP because the 125 & 250 are generally the feeder classes and you have to do like Stoner and move to Europe young.

In the 90's the Superbikes was the main feeder class for the 500's, whether it was the Aussie Supers, AMA or WSB. It is possible that the reason for this is that the Europeans were shit or perhaps as Gary McCoy showed and Biaggi confirmed, that the 500's needed riders with dirt track experience and feeling comfortable with sliding the bike around, hence the Aussie/Yank dominance back then. Most Aussie races can trace their careers back to dirt bikes. Hell even my first riding experience can be traced back to a Honda 50 riding around on a farm.

Now if they bring back rock hard tires with little grip to MotoGP we'll have many riders dominating the series smile.gif

BTW Mzungu I always thought you were from SA. Very disappointing to see you are another pomie bastard wink.gif
+
Holecutter > The Howl ...
post 13.Jul.2009, 09:23 AM
Post #29

The Aussies have as much chance of winning as I have getting my leg over on the Queen of Sweden.

angry.gif
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 09:29 AM
Post #30

That's a comment straight out of 1882 laugh.gif

Give her Australia's regards wink.gif
+

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: