The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Job notice period in Sweden

Sweden Employment rules

MC_24
post 16.Feb.2019, 09:26 PM
Post #1

I have been working in temp position for more than 9 months with no notice period. Now my company issued me a permanent contract with 3 months of notice period (mutual) applicable from 1st April 2019.

In the meantime I got a job offer for a permanent position in Stockholm in a more senior role.

Now, I am willing to resign in my present company. If I resign which contract will be taken into consideration for notice period - the temp one or the permanent one. I am bit confused as this will be my first switch.

I need to update my new company on my notice period or my joining date.

Need your expert advise!
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 17.Feb.2019, 10:05 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (MC_24 @ 16.Feb.2019, 09:26 PM) *
I have been working in temp position for more than 9 months with no notice period. Now my company issued me a permanent contract with 3 months of notice period (mutual) applic ... (show full quote)

Look at your own words.

If you leave before April first the new contract for the company you are leaving is not applicable. If you leave after April first then it is applicable.

Make sure you put in your resignation letter or whatever formal notice as soon as possible.

You work for the government or something? Your lack of common sense leads me to believe so.
+
john.boy
post 17.Feb.2019, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Just because your employer offered you a new contract doesn't mean you accepted it formally. Did You? (it takes 2 to agree a new contract or terms & conditions).
If you agreed then from 1st April your new contract is valid, so you need to make sure that not only do you resign according to the current valid contract, but also reject the new one from 1st April.
+
MC_24
post 17.Feb.2019, 05:07 PM
Post #4

Yes I accepted. By that time I didn't have the job offer letter from the other company. If I resign now I need to follow the valid temp contract right? The new employer wants me to join in 1 month.
+
john.boy
post 17.Feb.2019, 05:36 PM
Post #5

Just make it clear in your resignation letter that you are terminating your employment, using the 1 month notice period from the current contract, and that you no longer accept the new contract that would be due to start in April. That should leave no questions unanswered ;-)
+
MC_24
post 17.Feb.2019, 06:14 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (john.boy @ 17.Feb.2019, 04:42 PM) *
Just because your employer offered you a new contract doesn't mean you accepted it formally. Did You? (it takes 2 to agree a new contract or terms & conditions).If you ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (john.boy @ 17.Feb.2019, 05:36 PM) *
Just make it clear in your resignation letter that you are terminating your employment, using the 1 month notice period from the current contract, and that you no longer accep ... (show full quote)

Thanks smile.gif !!!
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: