The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

An open letter to Miss Kitten

And any other Mods.

skogsbo
post 10.Apr.2012, 04:40 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 10.Apr.2012, 03:17 PM) *
As to just deleting posts rather than whole threads, we are going round in circles again as it takes a lot of time to selectively delete posts and replies to posts that have b ... (show full quote)

that's fair enough if moderation is now a 1 woman band !
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Apr.2012, 04:47 PM
Post #47

I have a suggestion!

Why not have "Swede Bashing" posts be given top priority and then the "Neutrality" question will be put to rest...Or not! cool.gif
laugh.gif
+
*Guest*
post 10.Apr.2012, 04:55 PM
Post #48

Is this kind of thread the thing that people have in mind when they refer to mental masterbation? mellow.gif
+
Hamsterdam
post 10.Apr.2012, 06:11 PM
Post #49

What the fascination is about this site is beyond me? Surely so much positive energy is wasted.

It is useful for asking advice from others that have the same problems in a new country, but as for debate, that is surely worthless. Having friends is much better.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Apr.2012, 08:05 PM
Post #50

You don't understand...we are friends! laugh.gif
+
Mzungu
post 10.Apr.2012, 08:56 PM
Post #51

Bloody Norrlander!

*hi mate*
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Apr.2012, 09:03 PM
Post #52

Hey "M"

I hear "Big Bobby" you know who, is ill.

Did you infiltrate his space and do/plant something when you went very "southern" on us? cool.gif
+
Mzungu
post 10.Apr.2012, 09:07 PM
Post #53

Just hope he has to shovel shit in hell...

*the world and specifically Africa, will be a better place without such scum*
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Apr.2012, 09:20 PM
Post #54

Be careful what you say lad, you may be reported to a moderator for malicious criticism of a ... "FAIRLY ELECTED" political leader! laugh.gif
cool.gif
+
Rick Methven
post 10.Apr.2012, 10:44 PM
Post #55

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 10.Apr.2012, 10:03 PM) *
Hey "M". I hear "Big Bobby" you know who, is ill.. Did you infiltrate his space and do/plant something when you went very "southern" on us?. cool.gif

there seems to be an idea that he already croaked it and he is being stuffed in KL and made to appear that he is still "with us" for the delayed cabinet meeting.
+
*Guest*
post 11.Apr.2012, 06:49 AM
Post #56

Nay, Mzungu, with the help of Koos and Dani, just drank Bobbie into oblivion.

K. and D. have made a complaint about unfair labor practices. They weren't ready for carrying all those cases in, day and night. They expected just giving him a dram of M's home brew.
+
Miss Kitten
post 11.Apr.2012, 11:36 AM
Post #57

Aw, shucks you guys. It's nice to be appreciated. And abused (at the same time no less!). I'm gratified to know that you all care.

And yes, this really is more or less a one-woman show now and I wish I had the time to check the forums every single day, but alas, I do not. In fact, I've been thinking that since I simply do not have the inclination to check every single post in every single tread in this forum every single day, that it might be prudent to step down as moderator and let the forum go back to its previously unmoderated state. This might be preferable to making a half-ass effort at moderating.

I do not apologize (UK: apologise) for removing the cat-poo thread. It was finished. The questions brought up by the OP seemed to have been thoroughly discussed and the OP thoroughly tarred and feathered by the responders. Then it was hijacked. It's possible that I could have simply removed the off-topic posts but the whole thread seemed to be finished. If it means that much to you, though, I can always put it back.

I do however, apologize (UK: apologise) for my final post in the thread that I closed. I shouldn't have told you to grow up. That was perhaps unmoderatorly of me. We're really not supposed to be judgmental.

I don't really have anything more to add. You seem to have discussed everything already.

Cheers.
+
*Guest*
post 11.Apr.2012, 11:48 AM
Post #58

Sorry to see you go, MK, as it was always reassuring to know that if conditions got really bad, you would do something to stop it.

No need to apologize for telling me to grow up, as I never will. laugh.gif

As I said, I thought it was between you and Jamtjim, and unfortunately, we are stuck with him.

Do drop in for a bit of sanity when the spirit moves you.

And thanks for putting up with the job as long as you did.

Bye.
+
Miss Kitten
post 11.Apr.2012, 11:55 AM
Post #59

I must admit that I rather enjoyed reading through this thread.

Rest assured, Trowbridge, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I intimated that I was merely thinking about stepping down as moderator since I am simply unable to give this purely voluntarily job the time and attention it deserves.

I'll never leave the forums. Ever. And for that I offer my sincere apologies.
+
Jamtjim
post 11.Apr.2012, 12:21 PM
Post #60

I'm glad that you are not leaving Miss K (although I actually never received that understanding from your post). That was not nor has it ever been the intention or indeed suggestion with my contributions, more like the efforts of a certain poster to create a situation where one of us is forced out (and there are no prizes for guessing who) in order to remove potential opposition to his shameful and phoney assertions.

I do however tend to agree with you about leaving this forum to it's own devises if it lacks the personnel time to be able to be moderated properly. I was hoping that perhaps other forumites may step forward to help you share the burden but it seems nobody is prepared to do so... that is a shame. But on the other hand , an unmoderated forum does provide certain advantages over a moderated one as at least people can't blub for moderation whenever they feel themselves to be on the back foot. If one comes on and makes silly, fictitious or otherwise trollish posts, expect no quarter!
+

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: