The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

SAS 1,2,3 Levels Question

What grades are needed to study at university?

organic225
post 22.Mar.2013, 03:21 PM
Post #1

This past week I began an intensive SAS program, where I will be finished with SAS 1, 2, 3 in 18 weeks. They had me skip SAS Grund because I got an "A" in SFI D. I'm finding SAS 1 to be very difficult and am concerned that I won't be able to get top marks (I only started SFI less than 2 months ago).

I want to study at university after I finish but am wondering what grades I need in SAS. Do I just need to pass or do I need an A? Will this affect my application?

I know that I have progressed very quickly in my short timeframe but am worried that it's going too quickly.
Go to the top of the page
+
tamohamo
post 24.Mar.2013, 12:23 AM
Post #2

you need to have Svenska 3 and English 6 for university level
+
organic225
post 24.Mar.2013, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Thanks for your reply. Do I need a specific grade in Svenska 3 or do I just need to complete it by passing?
+
Silberfüchschen
post 24.Mar.2013, 11:19 AM
Post #4

It is enough to have passed the courses to fulfill the minimum requirements for admission. The grades are however used to rank the applicants in case there is a competition for entrance.
+
organic225
post 24.Mar.2013, 02:50 PM
Post #5

Ahhh okay, thanks for the information.
+
Puffin
post 25.Mar.2013, 09:28 AM
Post #6

The new grade is a pass at SAS 3 which replaces the old SAS B

However many people do find it a huge jump to skip SAS grund
+
ameliegold
post 8.May.2013, 03:50 PM
Post #7

hello, may I ask you which intensiv kurs are you taking? I am desperate trying to find anything to reach sas 3 in one year's time, then I also want to get to uni level.
+
tuborgian
post 9.May.2013, 07:20 PM
Post #8

That does seem very quick to do all three. At my school several students wanted to do one level - SAS2 - in 10 weeks, which is perfectly doable and allowed, but they were advised not to do it. If you fail - an F grade - then you have to wait a year to retake the course.

Our course is taking a long time to complete because of the number of assignments to be done and the number of books and poems (!!!) to be read and analysed. As far as I have understood it, the faster courses are for those people with good swedish skills already. In my course, no grammar or vocab, or even speaking skills, are taught or practised. You are supposed to study those things by yourself. The assignments are a mix of essays to be handed in and exams, so you have to have good language skills to be able to pass.

I will have done SAS1-3 over 30 weeks, and that seems okay for someone with good swedish already and time to study. If you are struggling with SAS1, then maybe you should slow down as you don't want to risk failing.
+
gplusa
post 9.May.2013, 07:35 PM
Post #9

SFI and SAS are worlds apart, a huge step between the two. A little too late with the advice, but rushing through SFI won't give you the grounding that you need in order to keep up with SAS. You can't get away with short term memorising like you can in SFI. I second the advice already given to you to slow down and take the time to fully understand what you are learning. The SAS exams aren't simple "Tick the box" exams like SFI. If you don't fully understand what you are writing or saying, you'll likely get caught out.
+
organic225
post 10.May.2013, 12:12 PM
Post #10

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm actually one of the better ones in my class. But the class is a real joke. We're all so below high school level in our language ability. Everyone passes, regardless of their level. It is all very disorganized. The learning I do, I do on my own. At least I'll have the slip of paper saying I'm done. Hopefully my language skills will catch up, as I've only been studying Swedish for three months!
+
uduck
post 10.May.2013, 05:32 PM
Post #11

Does anyone have past year papers for SAS B or SAS 3 or TISUS?
I've tried the TISUS sample paper, is there any past year papers?

Thanks.
+
MikeKams
post 16.May.2013, 10:54 AM
Post #12

@ uduck
There is no more nationalla prov for SAS B as it is no more require for university. SAS 3 is required.
+
uduck
post 16.May.2013, 08:12 PM
Post #13

Do you have their sample papers or past year papers?
+
MikeKams
post 17.May.2013, 09:32 AM
Post #14

It is not allowed to share it as the same paper is used all over Sweden. Send me a pm.
+
gplusa
post 17.May.2013, 09:48 AM
Post #15

It has obviously changed because I completed Nationella Prov for SAS B. Same deal as described for SAS 3, we received a book containing various articles a few days before and then had to hand the book back immediately after the exam in case there were people taking the exam later on.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: