The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
121 Pages V  « < 119 120 121   Reply to this topic

Applications for Swedish citizenship

Share your experience!

Squig
post Yesterday, 20:33
Post #1801

QUOTE (waitsweden @ 20.Nov.2019, 02:15 PM) *
That is the problem. Why do you think Europeans should be prioritized over other nationalities. Where in Swedish law it has been instructed?

Why do you think that I think Europeans should be prioritised? Ideally everyone gets an answer as early as possible. But it does seem to me like there would be a different procedure for non-EU citizens, since they cannot get PUR status. And given that the requirements for PUR and Swedish citizenship are aligned, MV has already done their investigation by the time PUR gets confirmed. Perhaps that is why you seem to observe EU citizens have faster processing times for citizenship applications?
Go to the top of the page
+
Rocky road
post Yesterday, 21:36
Post #1802

QUOTE (hichamcr7 @ 20.Nov.2019, 06:43 PM) *
I have got the same thing but they have asked me to send them my PUT and passport back. The letter was issued the 31th of October. I am still waiting for an answer.. They have ... (show full quote)

How long have you been having case officer?

+
waitsweden
post Today, 8:41
Post #1803

QUOTE (Squig @ 20.Nov.2019, 08:33 PM) *
Why do you think that I think Europeans should be prioritised? Ideally everyone gets an answer as early as possible. But it does seem to me like there would be a different pro ... (show full quote)

I might be wrong but when you ask a specific question regarding an EU person with PUR it indicates you think they should get response earlier than others. I apologize if I was wrong.
Anyhow, regarding PUR status, those from outside EU will receive PUT that is the same as PUR for European. And, non-Europeans should have PUT to apply for and get citizenship. I think it is the same for Europeans; they should have PUR to apply for and get citizenship. On the other hand, you are saying that MV investigate during PUR. MV will investigate for PUT as well. That does not make any difference since it has clearly mentioned that MV will consider citizenship application totally different from all previous workouts, no matter PUR or PUT, and will perform a separate evaluation.
And at the end, having different procedures for non EU citizens are okay but having an early decision for an EU citizen who applied 33 months after a non-EU citizen is discrimination. MV should decide each case one-by-one by date of application not by nationality, that is completely feasible. There are many applications that MV had not taken even a short look at them and they are waiting for at least 20+ months but then MV assign a case officer for an application from an EU citizen, that is discrimination. Nobody had a choice for his/her birthplace!
+
champaignepapi
post Today, 8:53
Post #1804

QUOTE (waitsweden @ 21.Nov.2019, 08:41 AM) *
I might be wrong but when you ask a specific question regarding an EU person with PUR it indicates you think they should get response earlier than others. I apologize if I was ... (show full quote)

That's not really true, a friend of mine got her decision within three weeks and she's Eastern European (non EU)...

Also, if you got PUT via work, they won't be questioning you about your work after you've got PUT.

Although, different rules apply for British citizens, which is a complete BS, but whatever.
+

121 Pages V  « < 119 120 121
Reply to this topic
17 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: