The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »    Reply to this topic

Treatment of women by Islam and other religions

Comparisons, both modern day and historical

freethinker
post 14.May.2009, 09:39 PM
Post #76

Jamtjim awww...I liked reading the betting going on here...I'll see the previously stated and raise it with seeing hot babes in bikinis in Saudi, driving a car unoccomapinied by males to someplace to get their legs waxed while playing Norwegian Death Metal as they get a Lady Godiva tatoo! lol do I get ta rake in the chips now...lol

Jamtjim everyone can mistreat women sometimes. In the past we Westerners ( Pre Reformation ) had a terrible track record. Fortuanately we changed for the most part, and while we have some distance to go we have made tremendous progress and I hope we'll continue. This thread is about comparing the treatment of women by different religions. Let us discuss and have abit of fun while we're at it. We're going to regardless.
Go to the top of the page
+
Streja
post 14.May.2009, 09:45 PM
Post #77

Religions don't mistreat women, but I believe that religions like Christianity and Islam etc were invented by machistas because they didn't like the original religions that focussed on mother earth.
+
Stebro
post 14.May.2009, 09:51 PM
Post #78

religion doesn't have a life without human beings
+
Jamtjim
post 14.May.2009, 09:53 PM
Post #79

Words of wisdom there from Stebro...
+
Stebro
post 14.May.2009, 09:56 PM
Post #80

It's just fun to see when people blame the religion itself. Who invented it? Who are the ones using it? Ever since the world began (if it did wink.gif ) people have been trying to find ways to control other people through religion, culture etc
+
freethinker
post 14.May.2009, 10:07 PM
Post #81

well spoken Stebro. Why does it matter who follows which religion if any at all, or lack of one.? I do enjoy dicussing religion or other beleifs because I like to understand people in general. People from different parts of the world have cultures with particular beliefs inherant to their culture. To understand them better I like to examine what various people believe and why. Sweden seems to have a large aetheist population, and I've been curious as to how that view affects the mindset and world view of Swedes. I must say I'm rather impressed. It proves a point I make to friends here in the US. That people can be decent and live more or less good lives without adhering to a religion. It reinforces my belief that we all make choices. Hopefully we make good choices, yet the nature of freewill is such that all we can do is muddle through as best we can. The rest is up to consequence, and the benefits/penalties imposed by the choices good or bad we make. Just because I may disagree with someone on a particular point does not mean I can't either learn or gain from the experience. I adore conversation and the expression of thoughts and ideas, without that I would find this world incredibly borish.
+
Jamtjim
post 14.May.2009, 10:09 PM
Post #82

Freethinker, I want to marry you and have your little american babies physically impossible though that may be...
+
Stebro
post 14.May.2009, 10:15 PM
Post #83

It's just frustrating sometimes when you can tell that it's obvious that some people suffer from blind faith and do everything that they're told without questioning. I think that religion can be good socially, and that you might feel some security if you believe in it. But to be honest I think that you can get that effect by other things as well. I have no problem with people who are religious as long as it doesn't serve as a way to control other people, because that pisses me off.
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 14.May.2009, 10:18 PM
Post #84

QUOTE (Streja @ 14.May.2009, 09:45 PM) *
Religions don't mistreat women, but I believe that religions like Christianity and Islam etc were invented by machistas because they didn't like the original religions ... (show full quote)

Well said Streja.
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 14.May.2009, 10:20 PM
Post #85

Well, nice to see that this thread has suddenly turned into a right little love-fest.
+
freethinker
post 14.May.2009, 10:22 PM
Post #86

Jamtjim..lol hey did you see the Star Trek Movie yet? I highly recomend it. I loved it! I hope they do another movie!!!

Now about this betting thing going on with women in Bikinis in Saudi I'll see all that was previously rasied, and counter raise with seeing hot babes in bikinis in Saudi, driving a convertable sports car unaccompanied by males to someplace to get thier legs waxed while playing Norwegian Death Metal as they get a lady Godiva tatoo : ) beat that.

Stebro, I don't like people who use blind faith. People should think carefully about what they believe, nor should they fear to question, I heard someone say that belief that ignors fact is fanatisim. Every faith has pro's and con's the trick is figuring out the truth of it all, and when all is said and done it's a very personal choice. There are consequences if we are wrong, yet as I've mentioned in other posts or tried to, people have to find their own path. As for my faith well... call me self centered...I am...call me selfish...I can be...I want immortality, so Christianity made sense to me. I do not expect anyone to agree with me.

Muttlestar good to see you again /waves.

Jamtjim I take it you're not a female? tease!!!...lol awesome talking with ya )
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 14.May.2009, 10:25 PM
Post #87

I reckon Kind Man is busily working on a video to post on YouTube for us.
+
Jamtjim
post 14.May.2009, 10:27 PM
Post #88

Maybe i'm the only one whos noticed but often when i see a muslim woman in a burka i often think to myself that she has really sexy eyes...
+
Stebro
post 14.May.2009, 10:32 PM
Post #89

probably because the focuse turns to the eyes, because you can't tell much more about the person, because pretty much everything else is hidden...you can actually make people frustrated and interested in that way...once I tried it...in a different way, I had sunglasses on all the time...what I expected was that people would get annoyed after a while that I never showed my eyes, and after a while it became "a thing", where people tried to get me to take them off, or they tried themselves...humans are quite entertaining at times..
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 14.May.2009, 10:33 PM
Post #90

QUOTE (Stebro @ 14.May.2009, 09:51 PM) *
religion doesn't have a life without human beings

/begin hijack

WB Stebby - get rid of the rabies?

/end hijack
+

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: