The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

Is There A Bigger Idiot On Planet Than John Kerry?

Complaining About Isolationism While Going Ahead

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.May.2014, 06:40 PM
Post #16

Kerry just endeared himself to Israel!!!

He is "second idiot" to his boss!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Model T Ford
post 4.May.2014, 12:38 PM
Post #17

Afraid Kerry won the title easily.

He's so bad that Obama - unlike with Putin, especially over being in the running for the Nobel Peace Prize - couldn't make fun of him at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Too bad Barack didn't settle for being just a standup comic. biggrin.gif
+
shadylady
post 7.May.2014, 03:42 AM
Post #18

William Hague, ( I can almost hear the question who is William Hague?) is at least equal to John Kerry, although John Kerry probably suffers more from flatulence. Probably all those beans his wife feeds him.
William Hague is an extraordinary choice as a foreign secretary. He has never been known for his diplomatic ways. In many ways he is the stereotypical Yorkshireman, outspoken, blunt and belligerent and fiercely independent. My apologies to Yorkshiremen but these are good characteristics in other circumstances. But putting out fires no! Adding to the conflagration by pouring oil on the flames yes!
Yorkshiremen stand out like the Cornishmen as being different from the common herd of English men.
They also have another characteristic in common - Kerry failed to become US president and Hague failed to become Prime Minister. I suspect they were given these jobs to get them out of the way.
I don"t now much about the Ukrainian situation except that the US has poured $5 billion in the last few years into the opposition there and other troubled spots near Russia. I suspect that the US wants to add the Ukraine to the Nato zone and shortly after Obama visited Sweden, Sweden announced that it was going to produce more fighters in case it was attacked by Russia.
Sweden and Russia have been getting along well up to now. Perhaps Sweden should be making diplomatic efforts to get Russia into the EU rather than taking orders from the White House.
Russia is a large part of our European heritage and ordinary Russian people have suffered to free Europe from oppression and millions of them have died.
Sweden should strongly resist joining Nato. France made that mistake. Perhaps Sweden could convert its armament and fighter producing factories into energy production for its domestic and for its other European neighbours use instead of making life a misery for others by exporting arms.

William Hague should look into his own back yard first too instead of building new embassies in South America. and elsewhere. Oh and by the way M15 has just advertised for Russian speaking (spies) who have spent some time in Russia . Don't all rush to apply. smile.gif
The trouble with the UK and Sweden and other counties with a certain past is that they all want to have a large imput on the world stage.
Ireland too suffers from this delusion and now wants to join the British Commonwealth.
Amen

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.May.2014, 04:36 AM
Post #19

Aahhhh, Yorkshiremen...Inhabitants of Viking Jorvik...best dealt with, without ax and shield...however they never leave home without them!!!

Sweden arms those that want to be free...only arms can give that privilege to those that are oppressed!!!
+
Cheeseroller2
post 7.May.2014, 09:12 AM
Post #20

@shadylady

It was the Soviets who lost +20M people during WWII and 40% of that was Ukrainians - 25% of their population and the highest loss as a percentage of population of any country in that war. In addition, Ukraine was destroyed by both the Germans and Soviets in an attempt to leave no resources for the other side, and by the Germans to eradicate the Ukrainian cultural identity - more than 10,000 libraries were destroyed, museums looted etc.

As someone who is married into a Ukrainian/Russian family and who has travelled extensively in Ukraine and also parts of Russia, it would be a mistake to believe that the majority of these people think or act like West Europeans. Both states are to a large extent lawless and corruption is endemic at all levels. Theft from employers is rampant - if it's not nailed down someone will steal it (in supermarkets video camera's are placed above the cash tills). Judges/police are corrupt and it is common to use these or false charges from the tax authority to take control of a company.

While the US may have spent $5B on various NGO's (which includes funding a TV station) over the years, Russia has been infiltrating all levels of the state apparatus with GRU and FSB agents. The effect of that can be seen in their ability to rapidly organise unrest in Crimea and the East. There is a huge difference between spending money to "promote democracy" and planting agents in a neighbouring state, annexing territory, supplying weapons to insurgents some of who came from Russia, Serbia and Chechnia.
+
shadylady
post 7.May.2014, 09:48 AM
Post #21

You obviously have first hand knowledge of the area. Its a long time since I have been there. However I fail to see why the US should be interfering in a country so far from their doorstep. After all Russia is next door. If the Russians sent ships to the Mexican coast I am sure the US would not take it lying down. The US should also remove themselves from Japan. They have outstayed their welcome.
Obama came into power saying that the world cannot expect America to be the worlds policeman. Unfortunately after a period in office he is no different from his predecessors. I applaud him for introducing basic medical care. I know of many Americans who are still working way past retirement age because of the private healthcare provided.
I also think the United Nations is past its sell by date but that's just my personal opinion. I have never been offered a highly paid job by them so I could go on free jaunts around the world spouting about democracy and justice etc. so perhaps its sour grapes on my part. laugh.gif
+
Cheeseroller2
post 7.May.2014, 01:51 PM
Post #22

I also have some sympathy for the Russian position and their reaction to the creeping NATO support on their borders. However, Ukraine is an independent state and should be free to make it's own decisions with threat or interference. Our friends there are literally living in fear. In the East many of these pro-Russians include criminals released from prisons and mafia who are stealing and threatening the population.
+
Svensksmith
post 7.May.2014, 02:21 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (shadylady @ 7.May.2014, 09:48 AM) *
. . . I applaud him for introducing basic medical care. I know of many Americans who are still working way past retirement age because of the private healthcare provided.

I know a lot of Americans who are going to have to work past retirement to pay for free medical care for the non-working.
+
Model T Ford
post 11.May.2014, 12:43 PM
Post #24

Now former American Ambassador to Sweden Matthew Barzun, a Kerry proteze, is spouting off from London that the Russians are coming, and the USA is prepared to stop Putin.

Barzun proved superfluous in Stockholm since Bildt was engaged in the same scare-mongering.
+
jostein
post 11.May.2014, 02:53 PM
Post #25

Well, Bush enacted the patriotact which spelled the end of american freedom so it seems to me that both sides are equally bad over there (as well as over here, incidentally). But seriously, i do not mind at all. If the americans elect to destroy their society, what concern is that of mine? The weaker the americans choose to make themselves, the less they can hurt the rest of us? The more the federal state manhandles americans standing up for the constitution, the less credibility will american "soft power" have. And since that has turned out to be a sham anyway, good riddance!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.May.2014, 01:45 AM
Post #26

American "society" has been destroyed years ago!!!
+
Model T Ford
post 21.May.2014, 08:56 PM
Post #27

Now the Secretary of State has hastily denied in Mexico City that the deals that Russia and China, especially the $400 billion gas deal, have just agreed to are not connected to the Ukrainian troubles since they have been negotiating for a decade over them! laugh.gif

Of course, he has overlooked that Beijing is ignoring the calls for sanctions on Moscow in doing so, and that they both have made concessions, particularly Putin cutting the cost of the natural gas to be supplied. in reaching the agreements.

Also, Kerry sees no difference between letting off convenient verbal steam and agreeing to vast economic deals.

No wonder Washington is broke.
+
Model T Ford
post 29.May.2014, 02:41 PM
Post #28

Now John Kerry is urging Edward Snowden - a former CIA/NSA operative who former CIA agent Bob Baer has labeled a Russian spy since 2007 - should return home like a man, and face the music, as if anyone in their right mind would trust the American justice system under his circumstances.

Oh, and Baer quit the CIA in 1997, but he still knows about who the Russians are recruiting as spies rather than how American spying can make leakers flee in fear of their lives.
+
Model T Ford
post 9.Jun.2014, 02:17 PM
Post #29

Kerry's justification for releasing those five Taliban leaders from Gitmo: so the USA can kill them in the Middle East with drone strikes if they prove necessary! And the complaints of Bergdahl's performance by his fellow soldiers: it's just propaganda!.

The guy is ready for the loony bin. blink.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 9.Jun.2014, 02:23 PM
Post #30

Why is everybody "ragging" on Obama???

He did say that one of his goals was to close "Gitmo"...he, however did not say how he would do it...maybe he will just release all those remaining...and claim that he fulfilled a campaign promise!!!
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: