The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

The Brexit debate part 2

Economics and Security.

Savage
post 9.Jun.2016, 08:50 AM
Post #1

Anyone who has been following the Brexit debate will have heard the numerous financial fears emanating from George and Dave.

But what hasn't really been touched upon is the fall out from UK membership to the EU.
With speculation already that the EU has a 20billion black hole which will need to offset to member states, and the UK expected to see an increase to its own contributions by an extra 2bn. It would be interesting to see what additional stresses that would put onto an already fractured union. Especially as The Netherlands is struggling to contain Euroscientist as it seeps across the continent. If countries do start dropping like flies, who will be left to foot the bill?

Which brings me to my second point.
We have seen numerous states issue threats and warnings of a UK Brexit, with some leaders going as far as suggesting economic and trade punishments to deter that no other states attempt to leave. Setting an example in the way it looks to treat the UK. Given that the UK has already brokered a deal that would ensure that it would be excluded from any further political integration. Does this block and the aspirations of those who represent it pose a credible threat in their wishes to for a federal super state? Economic warfare and threats today, what about tomorrow with their aspirations of an even larger Europe?
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 9.Jun.2016, 10:18 PM
Post #2

I hope that you were not referring to the so-called deals that Call me Dave attempted to secure. He set out - on paper - to make deals that would improve the situation for UK with regard to self government, self administration etc.. and came away with loads - of nothing. In fact in the background there were murmurs of further impositions ahead for the UK as a result of its being 'stroppy'. The deals that Camoron obtained were not worth the paper they were written on.
The 'remain' campaign has been one of threats of gloom and depression, reduced pensions and heaven knows what. Osborne has been forced to admit that - with regard to pensions - he got things 'just a little wrong'. What else have the terrible twins also got wrong? Quite a lot I fear. The EUSSR needs the UK far more than the UK needs them, and it transpitres that even the French have little love for the union - even to greater extent than the UK.
The EFTA was the basis upon which it all started and that was fair. But the idea of integrating 19 nations of vastly different standards and cultures into one union - governed by a central unit in Brussels - was a pipe dream by those five 'presidents' each of whom is an unelected entity.
Shades of FIFA come to mind - - -
rolleyes.gif
+
andy_fin
post 16.Jun.2016, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Well i presume that part of the exit negotiations would include an apportionment of the debt to the UK. However what happens to the EU economy in the future is anyones' guess. To be honest i'm not sure anyone knows how the EU budget is calculated, paid for or what it's spent on and that's why we're in this position in the first place.
+
Hisingen
post 16.Jun.2016, 07:29 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (andy_fin @ 16.Jun.2016, 01:27 PM) *
- - - -To be honest I'm not sure anyone knows how the EU budget is calculated, paid for or what it's spent on and that's why we're in this position in the first place.

That is very true since the EUSSR has never shown any bookwork regarding its financial situation or what it does with the members' 'contributions'. The only thing we do know is that those at the top are beneficiaries in no small measure. Sure, there is a budget on which there is a constant demand, and the need to increase 'contributions', but that is about all we know.
Pretty much the same as with FIFA, although there at least, there are some being brought to justice.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: