The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

A religion out of control...

Tolerance and acceptance gone awry...

Model T Ford
post 14.Jun.2016, 07:42 PM
Post #16

Provide one example, eh???
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 14.Jun.2016, 08:15 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 14.Jun.2016, 03:41 PM) *
You just don't get it.Omar Mateen went berserk because his homosexual advances in the club were so unsuccessful that he killed as many members of it as he could.His father ... (show full quote)

Why do we need the FBI when we have MTF on the scene to instantly investigate from a distance and solve the case. Hey MTF, who killed JFK, where is Amelia Earhart and DB Cooper and are Bigfoots real? Inquiring minds want to know.
+
Model T Ford
post 14.Jun.2016, 09:05 PM
Post #18

I am only interested in conspiracies, especially assassinations, so I only know what happened to JFK.

He was killed by underlings of Sam Giancana, especially Chuckie Nicoletti, with the CIA's William King Harvey providing all the essentials on the ground, and the leadership of the Agency and the Bureau providing the cover up.

And Big Foot is an invention for bored tourists and hunters.

As for the FBI, it rarely gets the big criminals, and only then if they call it up and confess. It's still trying to dispose of little old me, as I refuse to help it when it calls.
+
Hek
post 15.Jun.2016, 02:46 AM
Post #19

I must say that I am disappointed on all of you!

Whenever a so called "Muslim" shoot someone it is a catastrophe, when all the daily mass shootings get ignored.

So far in 2016 we have had 23519 events. In thees we have had 6000 dead including 1600 kids under 17 years old being killed or hurt. This will be doubled before year end because this is the daily routine in the USA and no one cares.

So what is the difference in the killing pattern:

Killing is just a daily happening if it is not done by a "Muslim" then it is major news event!

I just want to know: What is the difference? If an American killing Americans is OK so why is that a Muslim killing an American is wrong?

And by the way... Well... Why shall i bother when you don't...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jun.2016, 04:08 AM
Post #20

Muslim violence is a "hot" item worldwide and is wreaked upon non-Muslims...

Although they do a good job of killing each other too...but that is not as newsworthy!!!
+
Jamtjim
post 15.Jun.2016, 08:09 AM
Post #21

Hek makes a reasonable point. However in our defence, I would point out that the theme of this tread was "A religion out of control" and as such it should come as no surprise that the religious aspect of this latest mass shooting comes under discussion.

It occurs to me that the American obsession with the ownership of firearms is somewhat akin to the British obsession with dog albeit on a far grander scale. Back in Blighty, it doesn't seem to matter how many toddlers are mauled to death nor how many children have their faces ripped off by dangerous dogs, there has always been massive resistance to controls on breeds or attempts at licensing. It seem that a British man's right to own a Pittbull or a Rottweiler is more important than the safety of the people around him including sadly his own family. (I believe that there has been progress in this area of late with legislation on micro-chipping. I'm sure someone will inform me. I know form experience the backlash one gets for anything less than sycophancy for dogs.)

In the US it seems that it doesn't matter how many kids are murdered in school shootings, nor student in campus shootings. The tens of thousands of incidents and the thousands of dead is evidently an acceptable price for the right to be able to buy an assault rifle with thousands of rounds of ammunition without a waiting period, possession of a licence or indeed any state interference.

And just to head this one off at the pass, I should point out that I am not anti-gun, in fact I am a gun owner who has used firearms all of my life. The thing is that my weapons are licensed, controlled and monitored and that only guns necessary for a specific purpose (in my case hunting) are allowed. Any sign of mental instability or criminality and my guns are confiscated in a shot (please excuse the pun). It is not a perfect system as perfect systems tend not to exist in reality, but it does seem to work and this balance between freedom of ownership and restriction on firearm ownership results in very few casualties from legally owned weapons

The fact is that no one needs an AR-15 (the rifle used in the latest shooting and of which there are 3.3 million floating around the US) in a modern, civilised society (or even America - just kidding) and the consequences of having them so freely available are obvious in the all too regular bloodbaths.

America needs to do something about it's gun laws, but I doubt this will ever happen. A nation noted for it's narcissism and self-interest as well as rights of the individual at the expense of society as a whole is unlikely to be swayed by yet another mass shooting. After all if the shooting of the 20 six and seven year old children in Sandy Hook could not sway public opinion, I doubt that the gunning down of 49 people in a gay club in the famously right wing, conservative and religiously indoctrinated US is going to change much.

Sadly people will continue to be murdered in mass shootings in the US just as people will continue to be attacked by four legged killing machines in the UK. Perhaps I am being pessimistic here, but I simply cant see where the change is going to come from...

In the mean time, I'll board up my windows, bar the doors and reach for my AK-47...
+
Bsmith
post 15.Jun.2016, 01:02 PM
Post #22

The relationship that Americans have with guns is complicated but much of it stems from the fact that this country was founded by a group of men who had a fundamental distrust of government and wanted an armed populace that would be able to resist an oppressive leadership. While that may be unfathomable to the average Swede who has a cradle to the grave relationship with government, many Americans ( I would say the average American, but in this day and age, I am not so sure anymore) feel quite the opposite and wish to be prepared. Personally, I believe that guns are dangerous and should be (reasonably) regulated just as an automobile is. There is no way, for example, that this creep in Orlando should have been allowed access to a firearm. Of course, one could say the same thing about Breivik and Norway has much more regulation than the US.

As to Hek's comments: it is true that most of the gun violence by far is perpetrated by gangbangers and other criminals, the (as Jamtjim pointed out) title of this thread is "a religion out of control" and, therefore that is where the discussion is focused. Many of the world's violence is being carried out by radical Muslims and that cannot be denied. You cannot say that about any other religion to the extent that you can about Islam. Even a "moderate" Muslim will become unhinged if you question them about Jews, gays, the West, portraits of Mohammed as a dog, etc. It is my opinion that Islam has a huge thread of hate running through it.
+
Hisingen
post 15.Jun.2016, 01:42 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 15.Jun.2016, 01:02 PM) *
- - - - It is my opinion that Islam has a huge thread of hate running through it.

Especially towards the ones it calls 'infidels' - which means pretty well every non-Muslim - and that thereby omits very few.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jun.2016, 05:40 PM
Post #24

I too am a gun owner and NRA member...In today's world it is hard to defend this position without being classified as a "gun nut" and social deviant...

I don't like it but I can understand it...

What has happened to us that allows us to take lives of people who are total strangers???

It seems people don't see people anymore when they look at them...there seems to be no empathy towards others...People are seen to be objects of some kind of statement when they are brutally dispatched...

Please tell me what that statement is...

What are the killers trying to say???
+
Bsmith
post 15.Jun.2016, 06:05 PM
Post #25

They are expressing their hate.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jun.2016, 07:19 PM
Post #26

I think at some time in our lives we all hate something or somebody...

But we don't kill...it has to be deeper than that...yes/no???
+
Hallander
post 15.Jun.2016, 07:57 PM
Post #27

What is Jamtjim on about posting
It occurs to me that the American obsession with the ownership of firearms is somewhat akin to the British obsession with dog albeit on a far grander scale. Back in Blighty, it doesn't seem to matter how many toddlers are mauled to death nor how many children have their faces ripped off by dangerous dogs, there has always been massive resistance to controls on breeds or attempts at licensing. It seem that a British man's right to own a Pittbull or a Rottweiler is more important than the safety of the people around him including sadly his own family. (I believe that there has been progress in this area of late with legislation on micro-chipping. I'm sure someone will inform me. I know form experience the backlash one gets for anything less than sycophancy for dogs.)

He who speaks from total ignorance - only correct that all UK dogs now have to be microchipped. Ignorant in that any dog identified as a pitbull or certain other dangerous breeds is put down on the basis of the Dangerous Dogs Act. You can count the number of children injured in the way he describes on one hand in a year. The number of deaths due to guns in the US are quoted elsewhere here. There is no comparison.

Otherwise I am struggling to understand "the British obsession with dog (singular)". We don't eat or worship them, its illegal to be cruel to them or have sex with them, etc etc. We simply like them and keep them as pets.

What about the Swedish obsession with dogs? Bringing strays from Ecuador for example (well, only one to my knowledge).
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jun.2016, 08:23 PM
Post #28

Damn!!!

I've been hijacked!!! laugh.gif
+
Jamtjim
post 15.Jun.2016, 08:31 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Hallander @ 15.Jun.2016, 08:57 PM) *
You can count the number of children injured in the way he describes on one hand in a year.

7,227 people were admitted into hospital because of dog bites and strikes in the UK between March 2014 and February 2015.

Children under the age of nine accounted for 1,159 of the recent cases.

The number of dog attacks, official hospital figures show, a 76 per cent rise over the past decade.

The statistics showed that 123 people were given a primary diagnosis of "traumatic amputation of wrist and hand" - including one child.

At least 21 people, including 13 children, have died in England and Wales in the past 10 years from dog attacks.

Source: Heath and Social Care Information Centre

Three per cent of dogs are showing aggression to people on a weekly basis, equating to nearly 250 incidents every seven days.

Source: PDSA

You must have very big hands Hallander!

Anyway seeing that Gamla is correct (as was my prediction) I therefore retract my comment about psychotic pooches so that we may continue on bashing the stupidity of religion!
+
Hallander
post 16.Jun.2016, 06:52 AM
Post #30

how many toddlers are mauled to death nor how many children have their faces ripped off by dangerous dogs

You can count the number of children injured in the way he describes on one hand in a year.

13 children, have died in England and Wales in the past 10 years

You don't have the figure for "how many had their faces ripped off", but it looks like I was correct then,.and your "is somewhat akin" was wrong. You don't win arguments by wild exaggeration.

Now back to guns...
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: