The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Erdogan visits Putin in St. Petersburg.

Was the 'attempted' coup - fake?

Querist
post 8.Aug.2016, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Q1: Was the "attempted coup" in Turkey staged by the Turkish 'powers-that-be? i.e. Erdogan. and his cronies.

Q2: Was this faux 'COUP' - blamed on the liberal-muslim/pro-western Gulen Movement on purpose w/o proof?

My motivation for asking these Q's are . . . . .

Imagine you are a leader of a nation (pick any nation) - You da man. (i.e. leader). However less than a month ago . . . a group of people. . . supposedly - "attempt" to OUST you as leader.

The supposed 'conspirators' FAIL.

^^^ If the threat was real . . . like really real... would you then leave your vulnerable post (i.e. leave your country)--- and mosey-on-down to 'play footsie' with w/Vladimir Putin in St. Petersburg?

My answer: NO WAY.

My take. Erdogan and his gang are a bunch of Islamist Thugs who not only want to alter Turkey's secular nature - but blame 'things' on an inter-faith liberal Islamic school of thought.

http://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2016/0...-russia-kremlin

.comments welcome.

Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 9.Aug.2016, 02:34 AM
Post #2

And...He suggests USA involvement!!!
+
Hisingen
post 9.Aug.2016, 02:36 PM
Post #3

An old phrase comes to mind, as paraphrased:-

You can tell a man who boozes
by the company he chooses - - - -

Here the booze is the power of the dictator.
+
Model T Ford
post 9.Aug.2016, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Don't believe that the coup was fake.

Do believe that the US didn't know whether to go along with it until it happened, and then at the last minute Washington saved him.

But instead of Erdogan expressing his thanks for it having done so, he decided to change sides, as the visit to St. Petersburg demonstrates.

Erdogan had made too many compromises with Washington after the Pentagon-made earthquakes around Lake Van for it to be so dubious about its relationship with him.
+
Querist
post 11.Aug.2016, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Thanx for the input.

IMHO... the 'failed coup' was staged by Erdogan and his gang to blame on the Gulenists (liberal/pro-west muslims).

History was seen this tactic before i.e. Reichstag Fire,

Ergogan chillin with Putin means Turkey will do to NATO what Britain did to the EU!

Question: May I coin a new word?

TEXIT.

+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: