The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

BREXIT - does it matter?

Your thoughts...

*belpifs*
post 8.Dec.2016, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Apologise if this has already been done to death but what are thoughts of people on here..

I was acosted in Ireland recently by a Finnish woman who was very indignant the the UK had voted to leave the EU
Go to the top of the page
+
Savage
post 8.Dec.2016, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Its only natural for citizens from EU nations to react in such odd ways.

Most nations that are heavily and financially reliant on such partnerships will lead to media acting in a shill like manner to government interests.

The Debts of the EU will cause greater contagion to remaining members, and lead to the downfall if many countries.
+
Applecore
post 9.Dec.2016, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Kind of idiotic to be accosted in such a manner. In truth nothing has really changed since the article to leave the EU has not yet been invoked. I wouldn't be surprised if the referendum is going to be quietly ignored by the government.
+
Savage
post 9.Dec.2016, 10:28 AM
Post #4

I think Brexit has reached the point of no return in regards to implementation. And I also think it is in the UK's best interest to do so, prior to the inevitable collapse of the Eurozone.
I have no idea if the Eurozone will completely implode, or leave fragments of debris that one or 2 nations may look to hang on to after the affair. (visions of the death star)

But I think what is often overlooked in all of the discussions, especially in Sweden is the ability to sway the public through information shaping. Sweden in recent years has taken the view that its better to hold on and hope for the best, and this can be clearly seen by the way information is partially paid in terms of media and social engineering.

I have no doubt that the EU is in Sweden's best interests at the present (given its too weak and exposed at present to do anything else). But I think its also naive to continually mislead the public in such a way, even though it helps pay for many peoples monthly salary in the news business. Which exposes ever more the states ability to harness and control key sectors in everyday life. New strategies in the delivery of such information need to be implemented.

I have no doubt that we could see Sweden radically changing its policies in the future and within 15 years, see Sweden forming much closer ties with Russia. Which would be ironic given the long standing American partnership.

Cash is king.
+
Applecore
post 9.Dec.2016, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Not really. Untill they actually start the procedure they can continue to play along. In the end i think they want to see what is goign to happen in the next couple of years. Because once they do start the procedure, then there is no way back and they will be time restricted.

As for the Eurozone collapsing, and EU collapsing i truly hope not. Eu is NOT perfect, it needs a LOT of work, but that can only be done from the inside and by the strong countries. I don't think Europe as a whole stands a chance in the market if all coutnries go their separate ways.

Rusia i don't trust at all. I know i may be biased, but i've yet to be proven wrong. Their policy is there to benefit them and to hell with everyone else.

I guess we will see how things evolve.
+
LLHope
post 11.Dec.2016, 07:02 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Applecore @ 9.Dec.2016, 09:30 AM) *
I wouldn't be surprised if the referendum is going to be quietly ignored by the government.
Considering the fact that Theresa May has consistently said "Brexit means brexit", has said publically Article 50 trigger by end of March 2017, and now Parliament has agreed to support the March timetable for Article 50 triggering ...it isn't exactly being ignored by the Government. blink.gif
QUOTE (Applecore @ 9.Dec.2016, 11:09 AM) *
Eu is NOT perfect, it needs a LOT of work, but that can only be done from the inside and by the strong countries.
It is precisely because of the founding strong countries that the EU is the administrative, authoritarian, protectionist mess it is now. It can only be changed in a good way by dismantling it and maybe forge a better co-operation via trade as was the original intention all those decades ago.
QUOTE (Applecore @ 9.Dec.2016, 11:09 AM) *
Their policy is there to benefit them and to hell with everyone else.
Exactly the same as the EU then biggrin.gif
+
andy_fin
post 12.Dec.2016, 10:04 AM
Post #7

The answer is...
No one has a fucking clue.
Not Junker at the EU, Not May, Not even Farage.

The referendum was a desperate plea from the voters for change. They didn't know what they wanted to change to but they didn't like 'stuff'.
Whether they knew what they were actually voting to change, what they were changing to and how that was going to happen was completely up in the air.

Whole thing is an embarrassing shit show.
+
Savage
post 12.Dec.2016, 11:06 AM
Post #8

I think to be fair, people do have a clue what they are doing.
And that is exactly the reason we are seeing this play out in such a dramatic way.

The emperors of the EU cartel have said they will respect the vote and want to see article 50 invoked as quickly as possible. And then later on, Donald Tusk has been quoted as saying that the UK can then cancel article 50 during anytime it pleases during the negotiations. Brexit wont be the straw that breaks the camels back, it will be the uprising that helps defeat the empire.

Make no mistake, this is war in the same sense as many other proxy wars.
Where huge amounts of foreign cash and political influence are being used by a cartel to try and destabilize and influence UK sovereignty. Are these really the actions of a political cartel you wish to remain on friendly terms with?

What makes the EU so clever, in ONE AREA ONLY.
Is their ability to blur lines of information to allow generalization in what is now often described as "fake" news by those with a similar agenda.

The fact that the EU holds so much power, and make such decisions - And then offset liability by hiding behind member sovereignty. Is a clear example of the dastardly cowardice and manipulative propaganda.

I will leave you with this one quote from Cecilia Malmström (Negotiator for the EU on behalf of the TTIP deal) “I do not take my mandate from the European people.” As that really sums up how power is harnessed under false pretense and looks to erode the power of democracy or will.

And they say that May is wrong to invoke article 50 under the royal prerogative. And yet when previous governments used the royal prerogative to push through laws ensuring EU wishes were enacted, not a word was muttered.

Lets just hope that Italy can save the continent by spending more than it can afford. And hopefully then the whole thing can come tumbling down like the death star.
+
wildcat728
post 15.Jan.2017, 06:00 AM
Post #9

Its better to have control of important issues such as financial regulations and immigration from within your own borders. Even if they implement foolish policy at least the mistake was their own and they know who to blame.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jan.2017, 06:02 AM
Post #10

Exactly...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: