The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Why No Thread About UK Counter Terrorist Screw-Up?

MI5 Hasn't Changed Much Since Peter Wright's Days

Model T Ford
post 24.Mar.2017, 11:00 AM
Post #1

The terrorist attack on Westminster Bridge should have been prevented. Khalid Masood should have been checked again for terrorist inclinations after he went to Saudi Arabia,and MI5 Director Robert Hannigan resigned because its agents weren't keeping up=to=date.

Nothing is ever completely settled when it comes to countering terrorism.
Go to the top of the page
+
Uncle Fred
post 24.Mar.2017, 12:55 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 24.Mar.2017, 11:00 AM) *
The terrorist attack on Westminster Bridge should have been prevented. Khalid Masood should have been checked again for terrorist inclinations after he went to Saudi Arabia,a ... (show full quote)

Absolute rubbish, when he set off in the car from Brighton no one could have known his intensions.
He could have driven at people anywhere along his route and beyond. His last words where "I'm off to London today", as if going for visit.
Even if the authorities had information of such a planned attack, they would never have stopped it. There are a million or more targets in London he could have chosen and remember he knew he was going to die.
+
Model T Ford
post 24.Mar.2017, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Right, absolute rubbish.

Why have any attempts to stop all kinds of crime if they never work!\

Masood should have been under surveillance.
+
Bsmith
post 24.Mar.2017, 03:30 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 24.Mar.2017, 11:00 AM) *
The terrorist attack on Westminster Bridge should have been prevented. Khalid Masood should have been checked again for terrorist inclinations after he went to Saudi Arabia,a ... (show full quote)

That would be racial profiling according to liberal think.
+
Model T Ford
post 24.Mar.2017, 03:53 PM
Post #5

Masood had gone off the rails by 2000 with two knife attacks and two terms in prison. Think his going to Saudi Arabia, and moving to jihadist Birmingham should have revived MI5 interest in him

No racial profiling here
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Mar.2017, 04:39 PM
Post #6

It isn't politically correct to deter those that commit hate crimes because of their religion...Before they commit the crime...

Are you against the public expression of religious belief???

You Fascist, Atheistic, Racist!!! rolleyes.gif
+
Uncle Fred
post 24.Mar.2017, 06:17 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 24.Mar.2017, 02:07 PM) *
Right, absolute rubbish.. Why have any attempts to stop all kinds of crime if they never work!\. Masood should have been under surveillance.

So you say someone should follow him 27/7 365 and then just as he starts to mow down innocent people drive at 200mph to get round him in a built up city in the middle of the afternoon and stop him.
No maybe you think it's better to get the machine guns out and have a good old American shot out.
What would have been your solution to prevent this from happening.

BBC 6 March 2017
Security services have prevented 13 potential terror attacks since June 2013, the UK's most senior counter-terrorism police officer has revealed.

You do better.
+
Model T Ford
post 24.Mar.2017, 11:38 PM
Post #8

Just more absolute rubbish about the counter terrorists, especially MI5, which is monitoting over 300 people, and was looking into Masood for awhile, and then dropped him instead of increasing his surveillance.

Why do posters rush to protect officials when they clearly drop the ball?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Mar.2017, 11:50 PM
Post #9

As I see it, the "Officials" are doing the best possible that they can...

Every body knows you cannot defend against those that do not care to live and death is an honour to be achieved...

Don't forget their loved one are on the "street" too!!!

The Western world is doomed unless it dumps Political Correctness and stops searching 85 year olds in wheelchairs...just to be CORRECT!!!

We know who and what they are...

Make them happy, martyr them first!!!

God wills it!!!
+
Bsmith
post 25.Mar.2017, 01:11 AM
Post #10

There are too many to watch and more coming all the time. Get used to it...the new liberal utopia.
+
Uncle Fred
post 25.Mar.2017, 11:52 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 24.Mar.2017, 11:38 PM) *
Just more absolute rubbish about the counter terrorists, especially MI5, which is monitoting over 300 people, and was looking into Masood for awhile, and then dropped him inst ... (show full quote)

And why do you rush to make claims that you cannot substantiate.
Please tell us all how you being an expert in counter terrorism, would have stopped Masood.
+
Model T Ford
post 25.Mar.2017, 12:56 PM
Post #12

I would have had ONE of my agents check on him periodically about 20 years ago to see what he was up to, what friends and neighbors were seeing and saying about hum, what local police authorities could or had determined about him, etc.

Routine stuff that MI5 is doing for about 300 suspects under its radar. It ain't rocket science.

Everyone has a history about themselves which can be determined by the authoriities if one only tries. The pathetic FBi has a large file on me, of all people, which can only be seen if I go to the trouble of getting a court order requiring its release.
+
Uncle Fred
post 25.Mar.2017, 05:56 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 25.Mar.2017, 12:56 PM) *
I would have had ONE of my agents check on him periodically about 20 years ago to see what he was up to, what friends and neighbors were seeing and saying about hum, what loca ... (show full quote)

And from that you would have gathered that he was going to hire a car on a precise day and mow down innocent people at a precise time at precise place, god your to good for this planet.
+
Bsmith
post 25.Mar.2017, 06:16 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 25.Mar.2017, 12:56 PM) *
I would have had ONE of my agents check on him periodically about 20 years ago to see what he was up to, what friends and neighbors were seeing and saying about hum, what loca ... (show full quote)

Only 300 suspects under radar? Five% of the UK's population is Muslim. Even if only 20% of the 2.7 million are radical, that's way more than the police force can watch. And, at what point do you know when they've become radicalized? When they start attending the Mosque more often? Reading the Koran more? Do the police have the ability to observe every Muslim's internet habits and see if they are visiting radical sites? Is that even legal to do?

Face it, this is the new reality brought on by your own liberal leaders. Suck it up buttercup.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.Mar.2017, 08:09 PM
Post #15

Christianity MUST fight back and stop being an easy target!!!

Where is the old Crusader spirit???

They want to be Martyrs at the expense of innocent Christian lives...

Do unto others, but do it first!!!
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: