The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Bathroom regulations in Sweden

Power sockets

ian_samhain
post 17.Nov.2019, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Dear all,

I have bought an apartment and I will move into it in few months. Unfortunately, the bathroom does not have any power socket, not even next to the mirror and sink. I was considering adding some. Anyone knows where I can find the Swedish regulations for power sockets in bathrooms (preferably in English)? Alternatively, do you know which are the most important rules to follow?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Mpf
post 19.Nov.2019, 02:02 PM
Post #2

There must be something here: https://elstandard.se/handbocker
+
TheExpatEagle
post 19.Nov.2019, 08:23 PM
Post #3

The plug in my bathroom is a normal one with a flap cover. As far as I know as long as it is earthed it is ok.

I've had a normal 4 plug extension socket on top of my washing machine for a year with no problems. The electricity supply isn't the same as we have in the UK so it doesn't have the associated issues.
+
Anders
post 20.Nov.2019, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Have you bought an apartment or just a "bostadsrätt"? In the latter case the housing association might have additional rules.

The electricity rules are harder than the bathroom rules. It is easy to kill someone with electricity but it is not as easy with a bathroom :-)

If you have the required knowledge the most complicated work you are allowed to do yourself is to replace standard outlets and switches. Everything else needs an electrician.

Very simplified your insurance company sets the rules for bathroom work and they often just require it to be professionally made but not necessarily by a professional (again, don't forget to check with the housing association).
+
ian_samhain
post 24.Nov.2019, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Thank you all for your help!

QUOTE (Anders @ 20.Nov.2019, 09:18 PM) *
Have you bought an apartment or just a "bostadsrätt"? In the latter case the housing association might have additional rules.The electricity rules are harder than t ... (show full quote)

And especially Anders, that's exactly what I needed to know. I don't dare to do anything myself, so I will ask the housing association, hopefully they will help.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: