Reply to this topic

Good fixed (fiber) broadband without personnummer

Requesting a broadband without having the pn yet?

spidernik84
post 20.Nov.2010, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Hello,
I'm using a Comviq Surf without any big problem since two months. The data cap of 5GB is quite restrictive for me, since I'm doing some heavy video-communications with sip protocol and Skype.
Is there any broadband provider out there who accepts a simple passport or other ID to sign a contract and bring fiber connection to my apartment?
Correct me if I'm wrong: there's no provider offering a contract long less than six months, is there? You know, my plans to stay in Sweden are highly dependent on the success in finding a job as an IT tech, I can't buy a 24 months subscription, that would be suicide! smile.gif

Thank you all!
Go to the top of the page
+
Rick Methven
post 20.Nov.2010, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Without a PN you do not exist as a resident and therefore you can not get a contract. The norm for minimum contract time is 12 months and thereafter a 3 month cancellation notice
+
spidernik84
post 20.Nov.2010, 03:02 PM
Post #3

Yeah, sadly I noticed that I'm nobody without that number. I had some hope.
Thanks for your help.
+
Scuba
post 20.Nov.2010, 05:42 PM
Post #4

Plus you probably will have trouble getting a contract without income in sweden showing up in your credit report.
+
Rick Methven
post 20.Nov.2010, 05:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Scuba @ 20.Nov.2010, 05:42 PM) *
Plus you probably will have trouble getting a contract without income in sweden showing up in your credit report.

Not necessarily so, A credit check only checks that you have no outstanding debt. I got a broadband connection before I had an income
+
AmericanGuest
post 20.Nov.2010, 06:07 PM
Post #6

I remember when I was in Sweden that many people who had to wait a long time for their personal numbers just used their birthday and tried as many different 4 number combinations until it went through for their internet subscriptions. Thus your contract was never really tied to your real PN, but I'm sure the authorities disapprove greatly of fraudulent personal numbers in order to procure a contract. Then again I never heard of anybody getting in trouble.
+
Rick Methven
post 20.Nov.2010, 07:10 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (AmericanGuest @ 20.Nov.2010, 06:07 PM) *
I remember when I was in Sweden that many people who had to wait a long time for their personal numbers just used their birthday and tried as many different 4 number combinati ... (show full quote)

And I bet you never heard of anybody being granted a contract. All a supplier has to do is match the PN against the address supplied, a false PN would not match to the address and the perpetrator would end up being charged with attempted fraud.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,698 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles