2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

House maintenance query

Protecting the outside wood

post 27.Jan.2013, 02:39 PM
Post #16
Joined: 23.Jul.2008

Just out of curiosity I googled (www.google.se) "hyr verktyg" and found http://www.perssonhyrmaskiner.com/site/pag...gs-amp-tradgard for a rotovator. Actually our cottage came with one from the previous owner. Money totally wasted, he had a small vegetable patch and the Swedish bugbear, ground full of rocks (and I mean rocks, not small stones!). I have never used it and have wondered how to sell it, but never done so. For things like the steamer you are better of buying imho,
Go to the top of the page
Bender B Rodriquez
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:22 PM
Post #17
Joined: 25.Mar.2006

QUOTE (Diefenbaker @ 27.Jan.2013, 03:22 PM) *
Thanks for that, I had the impression from somewhere that wallpaper tended to cling on to wooden walls more than brick but can't remember where I got that from.

Most Swedish houses do not have wooden walls on the inside unless they are really old. Usually the outer shell is wood and the inner shell is plaster board, with insulation (glass fibre) and air columns between the layers. A steamer can be found in any DIY chain store for a couple of 100 kr.
Go to the top of the page
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:36 PM
Post #18
Joined: 5.Jan.2013

Thank you all for your advice and information, the paint list and websites were all very useful too. I must start to keep a diary of useful websites for use when the happy day finally arrives and I move over there.

A couple of people have mentioned having rocks in their gardens and I had hoped I'd be able to grow vegetables so I'll have to bear in mind that it may not be possible to do it on as large a scale as I'd hoped.

Anyway, thanks again.
Go to the top of the page

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles