Reply to this topic

Moving to Sweden with British passport

Never lived in UK

bronte93
post 9.Feb.2013, 05:27 AM
Post #1

I am planning on moving to Sweden in April with my daughter to be with my partner. Our daughter is Swedish/ Australian and I am Australian/ British. I was able to get a British passport as my mother was born in England but I have personally never lived in the UK. Because of this I don't have any social security support from the UK. I am not sure what I have to do to be have the necessary health cover to move to Sweden. My partner and I have only been together for a year and I have no plans to study or work yet as I will be raising our daughter. He has full time employment and is able to financially support me.

Can anyone let me know what I would have to do to live in Sweden permanently?

Thank you
Go to the top of the page
+
oddsock
post 9.Feb.2013, 02:36 PM
Post #2

What passport does your partner have?
+
Case officer
post 9.Feb.2013, 06:52 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (bronte93 @ 9.Feb.2013, 05:27 AM) *
I am not sure what I have to do to be have the necessary health cover to move to Sweden. My partner and I have only been together for a year and I have no plans to study or wo ... (show full quote)

I assume your partner is Swedish since your daughter is and that your partner is a Swedish resident. Apply for a residence permit. With a residence permit you can register with the tax authority to be a Swedish resident also and hence be covered by the social security system.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/470_en.html
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,750 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles