Reply to this topic

Full time job and temporary personnummer

How to make the switch if possible quickly

post 4.Jun.2014, 07:58 PM
Post #1
Joined: 16.May.2014

Hej tongue.gif

I am going to be working as a full-time intern over the summer and part-time in the autumn for an engineering firm, but I do not have a personnummer. I have a temporary one but do not have European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). I am a European Citizen but due to technicalities I cannot get the EHIC (yet). I am a full-time student during the rest of the year, but now that I am working, I would like to get the real personnummer.

Does anyone perhaps know if I qualify for European Health Insurance now with a job? Where should I go first? The Skatteverket or the Migrationsverket? Maybe Arbetsf
Go to the top of the page
post 4.Jun.2014, 08:35 PM
Post #2
Joined: 4.Mar.2014

Go to Skatteverket with your job contract and ask for personnummer.
For EHIC you should register at F
Go to the top of the page
post 4.Jun.2014, 09:51 PM
Post #3
Joined: 16.May.2014

Thank you kokoko. I will do that tomorrow then. Skatteverket does need a residence permit (right of residence for EU citizens) from Migrationsverket for the personnummer?

The F
Go to the top of the page
post 5.Jun.2014, 09:39 AM
Post #4
Location: Jönköping
Joined: 7.Apr.2014

Skatteverket does ask for a residence permit, but you can call and ask them to make sure. Their number is 0771- 567 567
Go to the top of the page
post 5.Jun.2014, 12:14 PM
Post #5
Joined: 26.Feb.2014

if you study or work and your are from EU you have nothing to do with the Migration office since 1 of May
you go to Skatteverket with your work contract and ask for a personal number and for added importance you bring your admission letter to show you will work and study for more then a year.
With a work contract they will not ask your for a eu health card since you will work here your supposed to insured in sweden. If you just go with the study paper they will require some health insurance proof.
Arbetformedlingen is useless since your are from EU as well as Migration Office.
Go to the top of the page
post 5.Jun.2014, 01:31 PM
Post #6
Location: Stockholm
Joined: 30.Nov.2005

I Think you'll only get a personnummer if your contract is > 1 year
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles