2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Non EU worker with family

Should avoid Sweden

wallace1837
post 5.Dec.2016, 10:31 AM
Post #1

This is a warning that I wish I received before I moved to Sweden.

Sweden is now cutting the privilege of foreign workers (Barnbidrag, parental leave, sickness benefits, etc.)
https://www.forsakringskassan.se/sjukvard/n...EvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

All the benefits are cut while the extension are processed. Currently 7-9 months. The renewal is required every two years. So you are basically missing the benefits 3/4 of a year every two years.

On the other hand the employer should provide "offer terms of employment that are at least on par with those set by Swedish collective agreements or which are customary within the occupation or industry" (http://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Other-operators-English/Employers/Employing-people-from-non-EU-countries-/Work-permit-requirements.html). The parental benefits are usually part of the terms of employment. Unfortunately this is irrelevant, since employer can freely ditch their foreign employees "rights" without any consequences (all the costs are on the employee) http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showtopic=85884 and links within.

Now imagine a case of a non EU women recruited in Sweden after long studies to start a position in academia for example. She work 3 years, pay all her taxes, is a good resident, but give birth at the end of her 3rd year. She has apply for her extension. She is in deep trouble. Migration wants her to make at least 13000SEK per month, but F-kassa denies her parental leave. She cannot continue to work, because there is no daycare for child of less than a year old.

She is screwed both ways migration can denied her her permit now that she makes less than 13000SEK per month. She cannot go back to work right away, because lets face it she just gave birth to a child and there is no daycare!

During that time, her sickness benefit level will go down, because of her lack of income. So eventually, if she is not deported before, her benefits may be at the minimum.

Swedish salary are low enough, now that they cut the workers benefits, the word should be out to warn non EU to avoid Sweden, if they plan to have kids, or if they already have kids.
Go to the top of the page
+
Savage
post 5.Dec.2016, 11:46 AM
Post #2

the word should be out to warn non EU to avoid Sweden

And how are you going to do this exactly?
Just on this forum ? maybe a few friends on FB ?
+
Gjeebes
post 5.Dec.2016, 12:31 PM
Post #3

Yep, Sweden will certainly shine in the era of the "New Country".

It won't be cheap to keep 100s of 1000s of uneducated, non-integrating, New Swedes, and that it will take them on average 7 years to enter the work force (if ever), means they won't be paying for their keep. That burden will be on the shoulders of the "Old Country" people.

And of course, no one will argue it isn't money well spent. Just like the returning terrorists, whom receive free driver licenses, housing and everything else!
+
wallace1837
post 21.Dec.2016, 03:53 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 5.Dec.2016, 12:31 PM) *
It won't be cheap to keep 100s of 1000s of uneducated, non-integrating, New Swedes, and that it will take them on average 7 years to enter the work force (if ever), means ... (show full quote)

Can someone find me the source of the 7 years statistics to find a job for newcomers. I've heard it several time, but could not find the source.
+
axiom
post 21.Dec.2016, 06:17 PM
Post #5

http://www.svd.se/invandringen-bor-inte-in...ra-sju-svara-ar

But if you want the raw data you can look at SCB
+
Case officer
post 21.Dec.2016, 07:34 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 21.Dec.2016, 03:53 PM) *
Can someone find me the source of the 7 years statistics to find a job for newcomers. I've heard it several time, but could not find the source.

"Enligt integrationsminister Erik Ullenhag tar det i snitt sju år för en man och tio år för en kvinna att komma ut på arbetsmarknaden och försörja sig själv i Sverige. Siffrorna han hänvisar till kommer från Långtidsutredningen 2011, och bygger på statistik över kommunmottagna flyktingar och anhöriga fram till 2008.
– Det var snittet. Sen vet vi också att det kommer ännu mer lågutbildade nu, så det betyder att det tar betydligt längre tid, sa han till Sveriges Radio i september.
Färskare siffror från SCB visar att det i dag sker en något snabbare etablering. Enligt statistik till 2010 för kommunmottagna jobbar hälften av männen efter fem år och hälften av kvinnorna efter elva år."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article15859308.ab
+
swede-beard
post 21.Dec.2016, 09:55 PM
Post #7

7 years?? I'm not being funny but I haven't even been in Sweden for 7 weeks and already have 2 part time jobs with a permanent job secured as soon as iv got me driving licence sorted, might be the fact that I'm determined to make a success out of my life and wouldn't dare to rely on Sweden or there benefits to help me, I am a young(ish) healthy man who is willing to work and work I have found so if you can't get a job u obviously aren't looking for one.. that is all
+
Billy_UK
post 21.Dec.2016, 10:42 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (swede-beard @ 21.Dec.2016, 09:55 PM) *
7 years?? I'm not being funny but I haven't even been in Sweden for 7 weeks and already have 2 part time jobs with a permanent job secured as soon as iv got me driving ... (show full quote)

I've read your previous posts. You've lived here for 5 years at another point in time, have a network of friends/family, and said you had jobs lined up before moving back here. You can speak the lingo as well. All things that are a big help and go a long way to finding work. That's obviously not the case for a lot of immigrants, especially refugees who tend to drag the number higher.
+
axiom
post 21.Dec.2016, 11:39 PM
Post #9

Remember this is the average; there are people that have a permanent job from day one.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Dec.2016, 11:41 PM
Post #10

People coming to Sweden for easy benefits have no desire to be employed so they try less hard to find work and earn their keep...

Solution, to seven years to find a job...

Sweden is finally waking up to the fact, that they cannot provide relief for the worlds disenfranchised, by themselves...

Ergo, they cut back on easy strert and hope another country tries to help as they "used" to...

The wheel has come full cycle...

The SD will be a successful party...
+
science.paola
post 22.Dec.2016, 08:50 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Dec.2016, 11:41 PM) *
The SD will be a successful party...

Yeah, and SD will cut the numbers in groups which are easy to cut: foreign students, non-EU workers, because the family reunion is the most difficult immigration channel to cut. Ergo, the average time of the insertion into the labor market will increase further. The answer from SD: even more severe cuts laugh.gif
+
wallace1837
post 17.Jan.2017, 09:48 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Savage @ 5.Dec.2016, 11:46 AM) *
And how are you going to do this exactly?. Just on this forum ? maybe a few friends on FB ?

http://www.di.se/opinion/saco-och-sulf-eli...s-ut-ur-landet/
+
science.paola
post 18.Jan.2017, 09:46 AM
Post #13

'Det betyder att de utländska forskarna och doktoranderna förlorar samtliga sociala förmåner som barnbidrag, sjukpenning och föräldrapenning trots att de betalar skatt i Sverige. '

Hahaha, expecting several of the frequenters of this forum showing up to this thread and saying it is all fault of the researchers, they are the (only) strain on welfare and if they don't like it they can go home, all the Swedes hate them, especially the trade unions. If they don't like to wait for the extensions they might wait outside of the country.
+
Savage
post 18.Jan.2017, 11:26 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (science.paola @ 18.Jan.2017, 10:46 AM) *
'Det betyder att de utländska forskarna och doktoranderna förlorar samtliga sociala förmåner som barnbidrag, sjukpenning och föräldrapenning trots att de betalar ska ... (show full quote)

For the sake of those who are not proficient in Swedish, I have translated the quote.

"This means that the foreign scientists and doctoral students lose all welfare benefits, such as child benefit, sickness benefit and parental benefit. Even though they pay tax in Sweden."

It is worth noting though, poorer individuals whom haven't paid into the system and are quite often not as academically skilled. Whom haven't had their application for residency approved. Are quite often able to claim financial aid incentives from the state.

So for those whom may be similar with slightly different variables.

Non EU, non academic with family - Should embrace Sweden wink.gif

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showtopic=86910
+
wallace1837
post 18.Jan.2017, 04:39 PM
Post #15

My favorite citation is this one:
"It is sometimes claimed that the world's talents are queued to move to Sweden." Out of google translate.

This is really the perception they have of themselves. That is why they are putting no effort into welcoming people, they think they are doing them a favor!

I really hope that the workers benefits being slashed of workers because of the color of their passport and the inability of MV to emit permit (while the worker has still the right to work) will shock more than those two persons.

Sweden is really efficient at creating a two speed system, where one category of employee can have work benefits, while the other can't, even if they work here legally.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,537 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles