Reply to this topic

Fully comprehensive insurance

Skattsverket madness

hjoian
post 26.Jan.2017, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Lets say someone has been resident in Sweden for 18 months, and applied for a person number shortly after arrival when they knew they would be staying longer than 12 months. First application gets rejected on insurance not being comprehensive enough, though failed to explain details. On second attempt, sent policy small print to skattsverket to ensure the policy met the requirements before buying, only to be told that they could not make a decision unless the policy is bought. Made second application with the policy, 3 months later get rejection saying policy is not "comprehensive", and 10,000kr out of pocket; but the real sting is the same policy has been accepted before. An appeal on this has been lodged.
Skatts say they do not keep a record of insurance companies whose insurance they accept. I think it would benefit many here who are forced to waste time and money, that people who have had succesfull applications might be generous enough to post the name of their insurer; not that actually guarentees anything.
The insurance that was rejected was from Cigna Global, a policy that had apparently been accepted.
Anyone care to add a known accepted insurer?
Go to the top of the page
+
Kayan111
post 23.Aug.2017, 11:00 AM
Post #2

Hi Hjolan ,

I am in the same situation as you. I had IMG insurance policy , which is a " comprehensive medical insurance" but got my application rejected because it did not cover " drug or alcohol related injuries or sickness ", which I was told by several insurance broker is never covered because it is considered as self inflicted harm.
I was wondering if you had better luck and/or if you have any suggestion for insurance.
Thanks,
+
hjoian
post 18.Oct.2017, 01:21 PM
Post #3

The court decided to side with Skattsverket as policy had "exclusions".
As mentioned in the first post, it would be very helpfull to know what insurance company policies HAVE been accepted. Its common knowledge that ALL medical insurance have clauses, so it looks like i have to prove Skattsverket has been accepting policies with clauses. The court decided it was not discrimitory (same insurance being accepted in another case), so it must be a fault with Skatts staff?
+
Kayan111
post 18.Oct.2017, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Hi Hjoian,
Thanks for this. I have very similar experience as yours. I did not take to court but did discuss about it with handling officer who pretty admitted that the type of insurance they are asking for does not exist but still advised to try again with a new insurance.
I did subscribe to a CIGNA Gold which was accepted . But this is not be treated as a golden bullet, I would not be surprise if other applicants with the same insurance got their application rejected.
Good luck
+
hjoian
post 18.Oct.2017, 04:57 PM
Post #5

I think that proves my point that it depends on whose desk your application lands on, than the actual policy itself. It also shows that the rules are not being followed, or the guidance is so open to individual interpretation that it can go either way. We have nothing to lose by appealing against the court decision.
+
john.boy
post 21.Oct.2017, 09:44 AM
Post #6

Does it not strike you as silly to blame Skatteverket? They have stated what is required of any Medical Insurance. As a public authority they are not allowed to state specific companies policies as they could be sued by competing companies. Furthermore, a policy that was approved today from a specific company, might not have the exact same terms and conditions tomorrow. It is unrealistic, and costly to tax payers, to expect the tax office to monitor the entire global medical insurance companies and policies!

Did it never cross your minds that you should ask for, in writing, from any insurance company, if the policy meets the requirements of Sweden and if it is rejected then you are entitled to a full refund.
+
hjoian
post 1.Nov.2017, 08:29 PM
Post #7

No. Skatteverket accept insurance with applications, i would be very surprised if the insurance company is not logged somewhere. There is NO Swedish insurance company selling insurance to Skatteverket definitions.
The policy we bought had been prieviously accepted, on the same policy details.
People have been turned down because the insurance does not cover them for attempted suicide, there is not a policy in Europe that does not have that exclusion, so Skatts must be accepting policies that do fall outside of their own definitions.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles