2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Trump's ban on Muslims

to prevent jihadists from entering

Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2017, 07:29 PM
Post #1

In the US, there is a big uproar about President Trump's ban on people entering America who come from regions where terrorism is rampant, i.e. Islamic countries.

I don't know a lot of Muslims. They tend to keep to themselves, but the few I have met seemed nice. However, whenever there is a terrorist attack, there is always some neighbor quoted as saying, "He/she seemed nice", and the terrorist has posted on Facebook how much he/she hates the values, people, culture of the West.

Supposedly Japan has very restrictive policies on Islam as the Japanese government sees Islam as a destabilizing force. I know that there has been a lot of Syrian, Iraqi, Afghani and Somalian refugees who have immigrated to Sweden. What's your take on how well they have enriched Sweden? Do you feel more or less afraid of terrorist attacks? Do you think Trump is justified in his actions or not?
Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 29.Jan.2017, 08:12 PM
Post #2

I have and do know Muslims, in Sweden and in other countries. Most if not all were/are secular, although many of them still do respect Ramadan. And to be honest, when I say secular, I don't REALLY know, its just that they seem to have zero problemos with Western culture, partaking in certain taboos quite willingly it would seem. And never any talk of mosques or prayer etc.

In fact, I had a native Swedish colleague, whom is part of some Christian "church", whereby he was married off under what sounded like a pre-arranged thing. Quite quaint he is. That tidbit of info was relayed as he was mentioning that dating was a waste of time (I could not hold back the laughter!).

One of my Muslim colleagues and I were chatting, and I'd mentioned this narrow minded Swede, with such small life experience (he, in his early 30's, had only discovered the existence of Led Zeppelin, in 2009!) and his bizarre take on relationships etc. Said colleague laughed, and said it was like with the Muslim Brotherhood in Sudan (where he is from), whereby a man who's touched the hand of a woman, has to marry her (kinda thing). He howled that such nonsense existed in Sweden (as did I).

Talking to another from Pakistan, nice guy too, about ISIL a few years back, when it was still more of a death sorority than the full blown mess it is now, we had wondered why the US wasn't bombing the fuck out of them, as the USAF seems to like to do to a country, every now and then.

He figured they were waiting until it got bigger and bigger, such that the US could thereby leverage that against "lending a hand" (you know, the old "economic imperialism" routine, like in WWII). Didn't get any sense from him that he thought what was happening, already 3 years ago, was a good thing.

Some small experiences with these guys, whom, for all intents and purposes, seemed like any other foreigners here, religious or otherwise (i.e. having a good laugh at the Meatballs and their quaint ways). But I do understand the apprehension...while my experiences where pleasant, I also DID wonder what signs there could be that one of them might be moving towards the darkness.

Therein lay the problem. This is why Trump has over-reacted (as some might say). As time goes on, the good guy might start to feel differently, since the whole mess is always in the media, with constant presence. Might see something, read something, hear something from someone, some place, that can tip him over the edge?

Never know what someone is thinking, so no one knows who digs the death cult and who doesn't.

I would also say, such easy access to highly powerful military hardware, which depending on which state you live in, could even mean surplus TANKS, which, can be fully armed, by purchasing shells for it, in a neighbouring state (or at least that used to be the case IIUC.

In this day and age, that possibility would stress me. There is no shortage of mentally ill "legal" arms owners in the USA, and now on top of that, one has to consider, if some pissed off Muslim is going to go postal on the nightclub one might happen to be in.

Thing is, you don't close the gate after the horses have run. What Trump is doing is NOT likely to stop any attack, since most of them happen from people already inside the US. And it could even be the reason why someone whom yesterday was more moderate, might tomorrow be more radically inclined since, justified, or not, the executive order is discriminatory.
+
Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2017, 10:01 PM
Post #3

In the ideal "rainbow and lollipop" world, we should all be able to get along peacefully. Doesn't seem to be much chance of that.

Perhaps Trumps directive can stop a few attacks or, on the other hand, it may provoke them. Time will tell, I guess.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2017, 11:10 PM
Post #4

TheDonald knows what he is doing...

People are getting the message, screaming blue murder and nought to do about it...just as planned...

This guy's got a playbook to be envied...look out for more!!!

I just love it!!!

Yippee!!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
+
Gjeebes
post 30.Jan.2017, 06:45 PM
Post #5

I guess time will tell. And in the meantime: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/ji...ecruitment-tool
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jan.2017, 12:09 AM
Post #6

The thing that blows my mind is how this has become the rallying point for all the liberals...ooo the poor, poor Muslims. The strange thing to me is how a religion as backward and intolerant with such a poor record of human rights can be the darling child of the libs. Especially women. I would think any woman in her right mind would want as much distance from that religion as possible.

But then, what do I know?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jan.2017, 01:00 PM
Post #7

My dream is that the most offensive Liberals will begin to disappear, slowly one by one, a la Hoffa...

My choice would be Romney and DiNero to lead the way...lets say to The Ministry of Love...

That's for those who read "the book"...
cool.gif
+
Hisingen
post 31.Jan.2017, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Do you mean the late Chairman Mao's 'Little Red Book´ perchance? Or the one I read once, that was green.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jan.2017, 04:07 PM
Post #9

Former Policeman...Eric Blair...

That should do it!!!

rolleyes.gif cool.gif
+
russb
post 31.Jan.2017, 06:25 PM
Post #10

Trump knows exactly what he is doing and everyone is trying to give him and supportes a load of crap about it being a ban on muslims. Perhaps people should read what was signed and not listen so much to one sided news sites.This is a ban on terroristic country's and the vetting of the people coming from them, I have seen nobody talk about when Obama/ Hillery first made and backed the bill that was passed please get your facts people. I also hear a lot of rubbish that they don't kill people well tell that to the 3,000 + that died in the 9-11 attacks and all the people that have been murdered by these terrorists in mass killings and suicide bombing I sure France would like the impute also. All I see are countries allowing these so called refugees into their countries the crimes sky rocket and deny any relationship to it. These same people have been at war with each other for almost 2,000 years and you think they will change ? right sure thing keep dreaming all most countries are doing is giving them more victims.
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jan.2017, 07:43 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (russb @ 31.Jan.2017, 06:25 PM) *
I also hear a lot of rubbish that they don't kill people well tell that to the 3,000 + that died in the 9-11 attacks and all the people that have been murdered by these te ... (show full quote)

The perpetrators of the 911 attacks were mostly Saudis and they are not included in the "ban"...which isn't really a ban but just stricter vetting, something I am in favor of.

And, Merkel is against the ban so therefore I think I am for it.
+
Gjeebes
post 31.Jan.2017, 07:59 PM
Post #12

"The strange thing to me is how a religion as backward and intolerant with such a poor record of human rights can be the darling child of the libs."

I don't think the bleeding-hearts club really thinks much about what it says, so long as they get the validation from their peers they can't be without. They just go with the flow, thinking their cause is more just than "your" cause, unless "your" cause is "their" cause. Brainwashed, ignorant and can't get the facts straight, nor feel any need to. And actually, liberal lefty nutbags are amongst the "most intolerant" people you will ever find, unless of course, you are shown to be one of them.

They are full of prejudice, bigotry and general angst, just like those they claim to "hate"...yes, they are also haters!

And think about it, "Islam" is a "religion", yet if someone says any small suspicion of anything Islamic, or say, even connect Islam with ISIL, they are "racist", somehow, without question.

This is the level of intelligence we are dealing with.

Sub-hissy-fit level even (not quite "not firing on all 4", but rather, full on "many parts are missing").
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Feb.2017, 03:13 AM
Post #13

As it stands now the Lefty Liberal Lunatics are feeling pretty low and definitely unhappy to say the least, Chucky Schumer was in tears!!!

TheDonald is making them so without hope or a lovely vision of the next four years...

Chronic depression is their diagnosis as a new lifestyle...

I'm so HAPPY!!! laugh.gif

+
Bsmith
post 1.Feb.2017, 03:09 PM
Post #14

Maybe all of this is just a smoke screen or a bargaining chip to get his Supreme Court nomination approved.

But then I may be giving Trump way too much credit.
+
Bsmith
post 1.Feb.2017, 03:13 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 1.Feb.2017, 03:13 AM) *
As it stands now the Lefty Liberal Lunatics are feeling pretty low and definitely unhappy to say the least, Chucky Schumer was in tears!!!TheDonald is making them ... (show full quote)

The liberal mindset continues to baffle me. The libs make such a big deal about Trump's school yard brag about being able to grab a women's privates (which although disgusting is just a comment), but lo-v-v-ve Bill Clinton who actually took advantage of a young, impressionable intern and had sex with her in the Oval Office thereby disgracing the Presidency and the White House in one move. Then lied about it to the American public.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles