The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Student to Sambo

Advice needed

JOYFUL77
post 3.Apr.2017, 03:04 PM
Post #1

i am a masters student , one year course , my boyfriend and i decided to apply for me to get a sambo visa as my permit expires in june .
we sent the application in two weeks ago only the forms we downloaded from the MV website . and the passports
how will we know that the forms were received and get payment information or were we supposed to send this together with the application .
also i dont have a personal number or co-ordination number due to the length of my residence permit and as such found that registering an address was next to impossible but my boyfriend and i live together .
is there any advice you can offer me concerning my situation i have searched through the forum but i could not find an answer that came close to my situation .
your advice and assistance would be highly appreciated .
Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 3.Apr.2017, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Payment should have been made when you sent the application. You can always ring and ask if your case is registered. The case number is the same one you have as a student, this never changes regardless of the permit.

This application will take time, be prepared to wait.
+
JOYFUL77
post 4.Apr.2017, 10:55 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (axiom @ 3.Apr.2017, 08:26 PM) *
Payment should have been made when you sent the application. You can always ring and ask if your case is registered. The case number is the same one you have as a student, thi ... (show full quote)

thank you !!
+
Tenacious185
post 22.Aug.2017, 08:51 AM
Post #4

Hi there -

Not sure if your situation has been resolved yet, but I am in your exact same situation, so maybe I can help. My student permit expired in June as well, and before it expired, I applied for a sambo permit to stay with my partner whom I met and moved in with 1.5 years ago.

Shortly after mailing in the forms, in early June, I got a letter from MV saying that my application had been received and registered. Just yesterday, over two months after I sent the application in, they mailed me a letter asking me to pay the application fee within ten days, and gave instructions on how to pay online. (I did not pay at the time of application, because as you may have seen yourself, there is no instructions on how to do it if you send the forms in the mail, and already live in Sweden.)

I paid it that day, and to be safe, mailed the receipt of payment and a letter to MV, so they could see that it was paid on time, and have the paper documents to show it. After you pay, they will then put your application in the cue for processing.

Good luck!
+
axiom
post 22.Aug.2017, 07:12 PM
Post #5

The instructions for payment are right there on the website:
https://www.migrationsverket.se/Privatperso...e/Avgifter.html

Pay by Bankgiro. Waiting for them to write you and ask for payment just makes you wait longer.
+
Lena01
post 25.Aug.2017, 07:48 AM
Post #6

Sambo is a Soviet martial art and combat sport. The word "SAMBO" is an acronym for SAMozashchita Bez Oruzhiya, which literally translates as "self-defense without weapons".
+
Tenacious185
post 25.Aug.2017, 08:43 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (axiom @ 22.Aug.2017, 08:12 PM) *
Waiting for them to write you and ask for payment just makes you wait longer.

Ah, good advice! I never saw that, because it's not so clear on the English version of the page.
+
JOYFUL77
post 5.Jan.2018, 12:35 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Tenacious185 @ 22.Aug.2017, 08:51 AM) *
Hi there -Not sure if your situation has been resolved yet, but I am in your exact same situation, so maybe I can help. My student permit expired in June as well, and before i ... (show full quote)

Still waiting 10 months on ... i wonder how long it will take ..
+
mjennin2
post 9.Jan.2018, 09:18 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (JOYFUL77 @ 5.Jan.2018, 12:35 PM) *
Still waiting 10 months on ... i wonder how long it will take ..

Joyful, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but applicants who apply from within as in your case, typically wait around 2 years. You can get a lot more info from people in your same situation in the "inifrån" group on Facebook. Here's the link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1216495531752732

I think most couples get called in for an interview around the 18-22 month mark, and then the decision comes very shortly thereafter. Although I have read recent cases of some applicants even waiting as long as 27-32 months. I think it also depends on which enhet your case is assigned to. The inifrån queue/process differs significantly from those who apply utifrån.

Best of luck <3
+
Tenacious185
post 9.Jan.2018, 09:45 AM
Post #10

I think mjennin2 is right. When an applicant is already living here, united with their family/partner, and having the right to work, etc...it's not emergent for MV to process those permits quickly. It does make sense, but it's frustrating having to wait such a long time, and that long wait also gives you plenty of time to sit around overthinking and stressing about all the things that can go wrong! ohmy.gif

Best of luck to you! <3
+
Gjeebes
post 10.Jan.2018, 11:27 AM
Post #11

"Still waiting 10 months on ... i wonder how long it will take .."

Indeed. You are looking at a max wait time of 32 months. Swedish efficiency at its finest. Hell, you could have a kid and "sambo-divorce" before that comes through!

And now that they are culling the MV herd, your wait time may increase even further.

I am just curious OP, what will you do, after waiting for say, 27 months, only to find you have been rejected?

Will you still think it was worth it, to try? Is Sweden really worth it, when you could likely be in any other country, and have your paperwork sorted in just months?
+
axiom
post 11.Jan.2018, 08:31 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 9.Jan.2018, 09:18 AM) *
Joyful, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but applicants who apply from within as in your case, typically wait around 2 years. You can get a lot more info from people in yo ... (show full quote)

Indeed the guidelines are somewhere there. I did this route some years ago, then the guideline was also 20 months but I had a decision 2 months after my current permit had expired.
Expect to wait long but as you see around here, waiting times are almost a lottery.
+
JOYFUL77
post 11.Jun.2018, 11:39 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 9.Jan.2018, 10:18 AM) *
Joyful, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but applicants who apply from within as in your case, typically wait around 2 years. You can get a lot more info from people in yo ... (show full quote)

Hi ... I am glad this wasnt the case for me... I got my decision in january 2018 , 5 months after my previous permit expired and 10 months after months after applying for the sambo visa... I was in sweden the entire time ... very grateful and happy to be over and done with that now
+
SunMoon
post 3.Jul.2018, 06:50 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (JOYFUL77 @ 12.Jun.2018, 12:39 AM) *
Hi ... I am glad this wasnt the case for me... I got my decision in january 2018 , 5 months after my previous permit expired and 10 months after months after applying for the ... (show full quote)

Hi Joyful77,
I am exactly in your situation. However Migrationsverket sent me a letter asking if I wanted to stay in Sweden while they will process the application. From your case it’s nice to know that it is possible to stay in Sweden the entire time when one had a residence permit for studies.
Did you get any such letter? Which office handled your case?
+
JOYFUL77
post 11.Jul.2018, 10:12 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (SunMoon @ 3.Jul.2018, 07:50 AM) *
Hi Joyful77,I am exactly in your situation. However Migrationsverket sent me a letter asking if I wanted to stay in Sweden while they will process the application. From your c ... (show full quote)

hi ,

I did not recieve any letter nor was I asked about where I would like to stay during the application process, I sent my application to Umea but I did my interview in solna .
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: