Reply to this topic

Leaving Sweden - Private pension?

How to get this payed out or moved...

IronSteve
post 18.Aug.2017, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Our time in Sweden is coming to an end in a couple of months and part of wrapping our life I'm trying to figure out what to do with our private pension funds. My work has contributed to a private pension fund through Skandia and it has built up to a sizeable amount that I don't want to leave in a country for the next 20 odd years we have no intention to come back to.

Advice from my Skandia broker so far is that it can only be transferred to another EU country and thats it - same clown that refuses to speak English and gives one word answers so I don't fully trust him or his opinion.

With the amount of expats in professional roles in Sweden I can surely not be the first one to encounter this challenge when leaving the country.

Any advice on how I can transfer the money into another retirement fund outside of Europe, or preferably, have it paid out?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
wallace1837
post 19.Aug.2017, 06:21 PM
Post #2

I am also curious.
+
Martian
post 19.Aug.2017, 06:35 PM
Post #3

I guess you will have to still visit when you turn to a pensioner cos I doubt if you will be able to cash it out as you wish. I have been researching on this for some time myself but it's like taking a trip to the blackhole.
+
TLSucks
post 19.Aug.2017, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Your pension will always be paid out no matter where you live, even the state pension: https://www.pensionsmyndigheten.se/other-la...utanfor-sverige

The ability to transfer the funds to other pension accounts may be limited though, even between institutes in Sweden. It depends on the contract you entered when you started saving. It is not uncommon to have pension paid out from several banks/institutes/insurers if one has changed jobs over the years.
+
johnmhwu
post 20.Aug.2017, 01:36 PM
Post #5

Hi, last time I consult this question back in 2012 and the answer I got was that your fund could be transferred to you even it's outside of EU countries. Additionally, the tax would be higher if it's before the retirement age.
+
yet another brit
post 20.Aug.2017, 02:21 PM
Post #6

The details will be down to the contract between the institution and the employer. I have a large pension pot from a previous employer - and can do nothing with it....
+
Essingeviken
post 20.Aug.2017, 05:37 PM
Post #7

I don't think that this is possible. Even at the moment, you can only transfer pension pots between providers if they are held in your individual name rather than that of your employer. There are moves to relax this.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,672 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles