Reply to this topic

Can i work at 2 places

Can I work part time along with full time job?

girishnehte
post 18.Aug.2017, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Hi Friends,

I have shifted to gothenburg 10 months before and working full time in volvo. I want to work some extra hours also along with my full time job may be in some restaurant. I want to know if Swedish law allows a person to work in two places i.e. full time job an a part time job.
Please suggest on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Girish
Go to the top of the page
+
Twiceshy
post 18.Aug.2017, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Why on earth would Swedish law prevent you from that? You can work 'til you drop if you want to.
+
mhm
post 18.Aug.2017, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Hi Friends,

I have shifted to gothenburg 10 months before and working full time in volvo. I want to work some extra hours also along with my full time job may be in some restaurant. I want to know if Swedish law allows a person to work in two places i.e. full time job an a part time job.
Please suggest on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Girish

Read the following If you are on work permit.

During the first 24 months, the work permit is only applicable to the specific employer and occupation indicated in your decision. If the company you are working at changes its corporate identity number, you change employers, are given new duties, or the conditions of your employment change, your work permit will no longer be valid. In such a case, you should submit a new application for a work permit. Your previous decision indicates the kind of work for which your work permit is valid.

Once you have held a work permit for 24 months and have received an extension of your work permit, you can change employers without filing a new application as long as you continue to work in the same occupation or profession. If your new job involves a change of profession, you must submit a new application. Your previous decision indicates any limitations with regard to your work permit.

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...g-a-permit.html
+
yet another brit
post 19.Aug.2017, 05:38 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 18.Aug.2017, 08:47 PM) *
Why on earth would Swedish law prevent you from that? You can work 'til you drop if you want to.

You might want to check out old posts from everyones favourite lawyer, LLHope...which is another way of saying that I am not a lawyer.

Standard employment contracts forbid you from working for other employers without their permission. This is partially about competition (but also about working hour limits). It can be worth getting that permission.
+
Twiceshy
post 19.Aug.2017, 09:13 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 19.Aug.2017, 06:38 PM) *
You might want to check out old posts from ... LLHope

I'll just not do that.

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 19.Aug.2017, 06:38 PM) *
Standard employment contracts forbid you from...

Fair enough. That isn't law though. But yeah, one needs to figure out the non-compete clauses and excess work hours first.
+
livael
post 24.Aug.2017, 08:33 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (mhm @ 19.Aug.2017, 12:46 AM) *
Read the following If you are on work permit.During the first 24 months, the work permit is only applicable to the specific employer and occupation indicated in your decision. ... (show full quote)

I agree with this opinion and the rules
+
Lena01
post 25.Aug.2017, 07:40 AM
Post #7

Ask yourself why you couldn't work both full-time and part-time jobs... If you want or need to make more money you'll do anything to do just that. Anything outside of your full-time job, those immaterial things you do like watching TV, procrastinating over the slightest thing, window shopping or playing games on a console get pushed to one side whilst you set yourself on a path to work more jobs to earn more money.

Two things to consider.

1. Is $12 worth 1hr of your time. Would you be better using that 1hr or more to work on something you love which may well pay you back far more than $12/hr.

2. You can only work more jobs with less time for 'personal' things for so long before you become incredibly burnt out. If you have a family, you'll have an amount of time where you spend far less time with them than you should. Likewise for friends. Your brain will become so focused on working that you forget to do the things that you really enjoy.

The right way to do it is to focus on what will make your life better for the right amount of personal time you're giving up against the reward you'll get.
+
Bsmith
post 25.Aug.2017, 01:33 PM
Post #8

I worked two jobs for the first 20 years of my teaching career...only way to make ends meet. But I did miss a lot of time of my daughters growing up. Fortunately, my working two jobs allowed my wife to spend more time at home, raising our kids...and they turned out great!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,672 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles