Reply to this topic

Working as a consultant count for parental pay?

8 month working requirement

pebbletots
post 21.Aug.2017, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Hej!

I am working as a consultant (only 6 hours a week) for a company here in Sweden. My sambo and I are planning to start a family in the next year or so so we're getting things ready for that. I know you have to work for a company for at least 8 months to get the parental pay based on your salary (I know you get another type if you haven't ever worked). My question is, in order to get parental pay based on your salary, are you only eligible if you been working full time? Or as does working as a consultant count as well?

Tack!
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 21.Aug.2017, 08:54 PM
Post #2

Have you seen the info in EN here? https://www.forsakringskassan.se (link to EN at the bottom of the page). It's based on income (rather than hours worked) but it's kind of complicated so if you don't understand what applies after reading all the info you could contact them for clarification of your particular situation.
+
pebbletots
post 22.Aug.2017, 11:29 AM
Post #3

That helped a lot, thanks! I want having trouble finding the English version so that cleared it up a bit!
+
yet another brit
post 22.Aug.2017, 05:47 PM
Post #4

Yes it counts. On at least one of the possible forms, you might need your accountant (or someone) to countersign your income declaration.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,679 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles