3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Saddened by Sweden's lack of pride

Is there such a thing as a "patriotic Swede"?

west_wind
post 23.Aug.2017, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Hi all - I'm a first-timer here.

I was greatly saddened to see the following article while browsing the web. If what this article says is true then Sweden is in grave danger. A country that does not value its history and culture is doomed.

http://www.returnofkings.com/128167/swedis...nto-scrap-metal

From what I can tell, the archaeologists at this museum tried to speak out but met indifference from the Swedish media.

All of this is very sad. From my vantage point a long way away, I can see a Sweden that is **very ill** indeed. Articles such as this one seem to confirm it.

Are there any "patriotic" Swedes left? Is it illegal to be proud of Swedish culture and history? ( My guess is "yes, it is" ).

None of this is meant to cause offense. I am just wanting to express my sadness at the apparent death of a European country.

Regards -
west_wind

Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 23.Aug.2017, 11:08 AM
Post #2

It's not politically correct anymore to be nationalistic. Just pay your taxes and shut up.
+
west_wind
post 23.Aug.2017, 11:29 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 23.Aug.2017, 11:08 AM) *
It's not politically correct anymore to be nationalistic.

Agreed. Very true.

QUOTE (Bsmith)
Just pay your taxes and shut up.

I'm proud to say that my taxes are going to the government of New Zealand!

The very thought of old artifacts being melted down just **horrified** me. Such a thing is a sign of a society that has well and truly lost its way.

This is (of course) just one result of the left's "long march through the institutions" in *all* Western countries over the last 50-plus years. The schools, teacher training colleges, universities and media - all now controlled by the left.
Rudi Dutschke and Antonio Gramsci would be proud of how the West has been brought to its knees in only 50 or so years by this process.

Anyway - getting late here in NZ. Time for bed - hope to see you all again soon... smile.gif

- west_wind
+
Svedallas
post 23.Aug.2017, 12:05 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 23.Aug.2017, 12:08 PM) *
It's not politically correct anymore to be nationalistic. Just pay your taxes and shut up.

+1
+
Gjeebes
post 23.Aug.2017, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Flying the ISIS flag in Sweden isn't illegal. Yet if you have your 21st birthday, and have numbered (i.e. 21) balloons in your window (which from the outside looks like IS), expect a visit from the police, as a result of worried neighbours.

The story you are pointing to is but a mere crystal on the tip of the iceberg of things going wrong in this popcorn stand of a country.

And the non-sense will continue full speed due to the ease of fully manipulating an ignorant and naïve population base, whom believes whatever they are told by nanny.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Aug.2017, 01:37 PM
Post #6

In America statues are being torn down!!!
+
Mib
post 23.Aug.2017, 01:47 PM
Post #7

There are nationalist Swedish, but the media always portray the extremists. So, just as the BNP (British National Party) stole the English flag for a while, the media have allowed the extremists to hijack national pride and as a result, everything you say that questions Swedish policies etc, especially immigration policy, IS racist.

Unfortunately, for the media and Government, the Swedish Democrats (hope I've not mixed them up) have 20%+ of the voters, which I believe is increasing. They are also potrayed as a racist party and I'm sure an element are. But then every Party has an element of racists, but for the narrative to work, only SD are racists. They want to reduce the number of refugees to the country as Sweden isn't equipped to handle an excess number, when compared to the rest of the EU. 80,000 applicants who are in Sweden and were rejected for asylum is proof of this. The lack of resource to enforce they leave the country is another example and unfortunately that led to the Stockholm terrorist attack by one of the rejected asylum seekers.

Democracy and freedom of speech has been curtailed to server the ideology of diversity and to reduce racism. It has in fact done the opposite and led to a big rise in extemism in the EU and elsewhere. When you stop normal people for voicing their genuine concerns, you create extremism. Simple.
+
Twiceshy
post 23.Aug.2017, 02:28 PM
Post #8

"Patriotic" is a yank buzzword.
Yes, plenty of Swedes are nationalistic, and/or show pride in their country. This can rank from:
Pride in our great companies
That we actually know how to engineer and design stuff (unlike "you" lot, cough).
We rank very high in any comparative national study regarding education, GINI, equality, economy, stability, low corruption, safety etc etc ad nauseam.
Some people take pride in the fact that we through history were feared far and wide.
We are generally respected worldwide, although sometimes mistaken for Swiss. But both countries have a similar clout, so it's OK. Ask any Swedish expat.

The issue you mentioned has been reported in the Swedish press, so the claim that it was met with "indifference", is simply not true. Shit source BTW, a site whose only categories are 'Masculinity', 'Culture' and 'Store' and runs with protected domain info is obviously made by, and for, beta basement dwellers, solidly on the wrong slope of the IQ Bell curve. I assume you registered here to shill for it though, so sorry if I hurt your feelings.

At the end of the day, if there is a shitload of junk in the ground that the museums believe to be of no real historic or artistic significance, it might get melted down. It is unlikely that this will go on for much longer though.

Don't fall for 4chan/pol memes. Try travelling.
+
rex
post 23.Aug.2017, 07:05 PM
Post #9

Most Swedes I know are very patriotic, they care about the future of their country, language, culture, and history. They also accept their country's ambiguous past and are ready to take responsibility for the future. And are fully aware that Sweden is on average a great country.

Most Swedes, however, are not overzealously nationalistic in the "Fuck yeah, 'Murica!" sense with the eagle and Lincoln shooting space Nazis and F-22 planes flying over their heads and bombing terrorists. That is definitely not Sweden, from my experience.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Aug.2017, 08:18 PM
Post #10

"ambiguous past"???
+
west_wind
post 24.Aug.2017, 06:54 AM
Post #11

Hi again all!

Thanks for your replies to my post! It is good to see that there are indeed still Swedes who are proud of their country and its culture and history - great to see that!

In my next few posts, I will be looking at the West as a whole - in particular, the situation throughout much of the West in which "feelings and possible offense" now have priority over *facts*.

Cheers - bye for now -
west_wind

+
rex
post 24.Aug.2017, 07:59 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 23.Aug.2017, 09:18 PM) *
"ambiguous past"???

euphemism for wars of aggression, Norway and Finland smile.gif
+
Twiceshy
post 24.Aug.2017, 12:10 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (west_wind @ 24.Aug.2017, 07:54 AM) *
In my next few posts, I will be looking at the West as a whole

Ah, I kinda guessed that you had an agenda here. Imagine having one's "next few posts" planned out like that... such envious foresight. Let me guess, those posts will be supported by posts from that clickbait site you linked to previously?

QUOTE (west_wind @ 24.Aug.2017, 07:54 AM) *
"feelings and possible offense" now have priority over *facts*.

Right up your alley, 'ey.

You could just go away and never look back as well. That would probably be better for everyone.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Aug.2017, 02:42 PM
Post #14

"euphemism for wars of aggression, Norway and Finland smile.gif"

Lets not forget the Viking raids/occupation of what will become Russia, et al... laugh.gif f
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Aug.2017, 03:33 PM
Post #15

"Ah, I kinda guessed that you had an agenda here."

Wow, your powers of deduction are truly amazing. You wouldn't happen to be a Wallander fan, would you?

"You could just go away and never look back as well. That would probably be better for everyone."

Nice! This Meatballian forum has a new aspiring self-important mother hen. Cluckity cluck!
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,672 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles