Reply to this topic

Grief counselling in Stockholm (for free)?

Does it exist?

Edmund of Essex
post 5.Sep.2017, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Does anybody know where I can go to get grief counselling in Stockholm, preferably for free (or low-cost) via a charitable or non-profit organisation?

I'm a thirty-something Brit living in Stockholm and sadly I lost my mother to cancer in late 2016. This has put a big strain on my life and relationships. I'm pretty much OK now that some months have passed, but I think it would really do me good to talk to somebody used to counselling people who've gone through a loss like this.

My sister back in the UK has had the chance to regularly talk to a grief counsellor from a hospice charity (for free), but as yet I've been unable to locate a similar support network in Stockholm.

I've stumbled upon some flashy and expensive looking English-speaking therapists in Stockholm, but my budget can't stretch to that.

Do charities exist which offer similar services for people in my situation? Any pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
Twiceshy
post 5.Sep.2017, 05:36 PM
Post #2

I just Googled myself to this http://www.vimil.se/
Non profit organisation for people that have lost somebody dear. You get access to their forums for 250kr per year. They seem to have meetups as well. No English speaking section (afaik) so the help you get would depend on the lingual proficiency of the people you meet there.

And here are "sorrow groups" handled by the church
https://www.svenskakyrkan.se/stockholmsstift/sorg

Good luck to you.
+
Svedallas
post 5.Sep.2017, 09:07 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Edmund of Essex @ 5.Sep.2017, 05:50 PM) *
Does anybody know where I can go to get grief counselling in Stockholm, preferably for free (or low-cost) via a charitable or non-profit organisation?I'm a thirty-somethin ... (show full quote)

If you're looking for an English therapist, that will be challenging as it is a specialized field. But I am sure there are support groups that can help in the area.
Check also with hospitals and private clinics, who will have the therapist directory.

Good luck.
+
Edmund of Essex
post 6.Sep.2017, 08:04 AM
Post #4

Many thanks for the replies so far smile.gif
+
Wayward Yankee
post 28.Sep.2017, 09:09 PM
Post #5

You could always look for students who are almost done with their studies ( psychology, social services, psychiatry etc ). Many courses demand that they they have their own "patients" before they get their degree and it is usually not too expensive.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles