Reply to this topic

before ordering a new car registration number

registration number before ordering a car

Lascael
post 19.Sep.2017, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Hello there!

I am looking in to buying a new car,
before ordering it I want to compare offers for car insurances, but when I call a car insurrance I am told to get the car registration number. I have tried to find on the transportation office website the details on how to do so but I can't find how to do for a car not in circulation yet.

Any Idea?
Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 19.Sep.2017, 05:15 PM
Post #2

If its a new car it’s only assigned a registration number after it has been delivered to the dealer. One tip is to look for a similar new car that’s for sale, check on bytbil.se for eg. And use one of those registration numbers for insurance quotes. It won’t be 100% accurate but very close.
+
Båg Såg
post 19.Sep.2017, 06:05 PM
Post #3

Ask the dealer for an insurance quote, they are usually associated with someone, they might even give you the first year very cheap.
+
BhuBhuKaZoo
post 20.Sep.2017, 10:54 AM
Post #4

Just to add (as I have just bought a new car - awaiting delivery smile.gif ) the insurance company should be able to give you a quote based on the fact that it is **NEW** car.

You shouldn't need to give a registration number. All you need is the make, model, engine size and trim roughly (this isn't always required) and more importantly - your age, how long you have held you license and where it is valid - and finally the number of miles you will travel in a year. Address and some idea of where it will park won't harm you either. THIS IS FUNDAMENTALLY ALL YOU NEED FOR A QUOTE.

For a used car, you will need the registration number but you could just get this from any car you are looking at.

Plus, remember that if it is a new car, you only need 1/2 insurance for the first 2-3 years so that should be significantly cheaper. Also, depending on who you are buying the car from, you should be able to get a pretty competitive price from the dealer and in some cases cheaper (mine was actually cheaper with the dealer through IF).
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,745 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles