Reply to this topic

One parent travel with child outside sweden

Non EU moter and swedish child

maakm
post 11.Oct.2017, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Hello

My wife(Non-EU) needs to travel out of Sweden(EU) to visit her family with our 5 months baby without me. I have no problem with it. Me and baby is Swedish(Newly). So I am not aware of all rules.

Does she needs some kind of document or permission from me that she is allowed to travel with my baby without me.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 11.Oct.2017, 01:51 PM
Post #2

http://lawline.se/answers/intyg-for-nar-en...-reser-med-barn

+
wallace1837
post 12.Oct.2017, 06:55 PM
Post #3

She does not need paperwork. You would need paperwork to do the same. This is Sweden gender equality wink.gif
+
john.boy
post 14.Oct.2017, 12:22 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 12.Oct.2017, 06:55 PM) *
She does not need paperwork. You would need paperwork to do the same. This is Sweden gender equality wink.gif

I have traveled internationally many times, just me and my children. Not once has anyone in Sweden requested any proof of their mother's permission for them to be with me, and same for Her. Even to the UK. Then again we all do have the same surname, though we are different nationalities.

There are some countries though that do have special rules. Check with the embassy of the destination country in advance of any journey.
+
Cheeseroller
post 15.Oct.2017, 10:08 AM
Post #5

My wife's home country did require a notarised permission from the father for her to return to Sweden with the child. So as John.boy said, check the requirements of the destination country.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,717 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles