Reply to this topic

How to Sweden :)

What do I need?

COBNET
post 14.Oct.2017, 06:16 PM
Post #1

First, greetings people smile.gif

So as title says what do I need to move to Sweden? I'm currently living in shithole called Bosnia, you know ex. Yugoslav country... In 5 days I'm going to be 20 years old, and I don't see myself living here on 300 euros a month with loans and taxes which must be payed... Two years ago I finnished middle school for mechanical engineering and didn't want to continue my education because I just don't see any future here and also had no money... Many of my fellow countrymans are moving to Germany, but I really don't like german language and there is something in that country which I don't like, I don't really know.. I like winter, so choice was easy, Sweden biggrin.gif So I have read that easiest way for getting "work visa" in Sweden is first to find a job and then to apply for that.. So just wanted to know, if anyone here had similar experience and how it ended? How much money do I need for first month, what is the best town to start new life etc... and how thing are going on with "work visas"... Also I speak English, I've worked in internet marketing industry since I was 8th grade in grade school. After everything settles down I would love to continue my education, would love to graduate on some kind of IT industry job...

Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
flaneur
post 14.Oct.2017, 08:39 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (COBNET @ 14.Oct.2017, 07:16 PM) *
there is something in that country which I don't like, I don't really know

Stay in your shithole, thanks.
+
Bsmith
post 14.Oct.2017, 09:49 PM
Post #3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM-Vn_IZHx8
+
Gjeebes
post 15.Oct.2017, 08:25 AM
Post #4

You will need loads of money for starters just to stay in a place you will not find to rent, for a job you will not likely obtain.
+
Cheeseroller
post 15.Oct.2017, 10:00 AM
Post #5

Speaking English is not much of an advantage in Sweden, as most of the Swedes of your age are pretty fluent. So the question you have to ask is, why should an employer hire a foreigner who is not fluent in Swedish, who doesn't understand the culture/system, and who may disrupt the harmony of the team?

If you have sought after skills and experience - for example programming, then employers can be more tolerant. But with your qualifications and limited work experience, you will only find manual labour jobs and there are plenty of foreigners already in Sweden who want those too. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to find work within the required time of 3 months, which is the maximum time an EU citizen can visit Sweden as a tourist.

You have several options - one of your friends in Germany helps you find work the same company that they work, go back to school and get a recognised professional qualification (ideally one with skills that are in demand across Europe i.e. engineering, programming, health care) or create a company in Bosnia that is online and can be transferred to another country later.
+
COBNET
post 15.Oct.2017, 12:07 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 15.Oct.2017, 11:00 AM) *
Speaking English is not much of an advantage in Sweden, as most of the Swedes of your age are pretty fluent. So the question you have to ask is, why should an employer hire a ... (show full quote)

thanks for the answer smile.gif
+
Barcaloni911
post 17.Oct.2017, 11:55 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (COBNET @ 14.Oct.2017, 09:16 PM) *
First, greetings people Many of my fellow countrymans are moving to Germany, but I really don't like german language and there is something in that country which I don ... (show full quote)

i do agree that you gonna need shit loads of money for starter, and it's gonna be a lil difficult but ultimately it depends on how much are you welling to go through.

now, if you live in a shit hole as you mentioned, i don't think it's advisable to get picky, you just don't hate a country that's by far way better than your "shit hole" and you hate it cause you don't like the language, but i still know that you are very very young and very very....

thanks
+
Bsmith
post 23.Oct.2017, 03:04 PM
Post #8

Great advice from someone who had been there, done that.

Thanks for sharing.
+
flaneur
post 25.Oct.2017, 03:11 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Cufflinks @ 23.Oct.2017, 10:02 AM) *
Having approached life recklessly myself in my youth, my advice is to prepare well mentally, financially, and socially, and to take your time. Make it a carefully organised pl ... (show full quote)

So true.

Swedish men are as masculine as Hello Kitty, tbh. I love when they try to pull off that fierce, macho look, I mean, go home to your mother, literally LOL.
+
Svedallas
post 26.Oct.2017, 01:07 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Barcaloni911 @ 17.Oct.2017, 12:55 PM) *
i do agree that you gonna need shit loads of money for starter, and it's gonna be a lil difficult but ultimately it depends on how much are you welling to go through. now, ... (show full quote)

If I was 20. I would want to stress. I would want move to a country which would firstly not take a year to process visa. But also, where it would be able to build a network to get a job easily, place to stay, get experience in different sectors etc. These will go against your odds, unless you have family in Sweden, will have a place to stay if things do not work out, or you have a lot of money saved up(at least 1 year) it is going to be very hard.

+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles