Reply to this topic

Being fired just under IVF treatment

IVF treatment and being fired

izmlongot
post 17.Oct.2017, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

After struggling too long to find a job I thought I found a very good job. After 3 months being internship and 9 months employee they fired me just 2 days before egg retrieval and 7 days before embryo transfer. I broke the news to them a month earlier and 2 weeks before they showed so many signs that I had to take a letter from my doctor in Sahlgrenska to show them that I am committed right now so I need little less stress from my very bossy boss. While I was waiting to be able to work in a peaceful work environment, they fired me.

What is uppp Sweden! I mean come on is that it! All women rights, human rights, protection of unions..etc. yet most inhuman I have yet seenI!

always worked 100% even more I even took the big boss dog for a walk.. As much I trusted them I had treated easy but I coped 8 months was not waiting this to be happened. This is inhuman. I felt so horrible that I am also seeing psykolog in the middle of this. And the unionien wants me to just accept that wants they wrapped it around some omorganisation words is ok. I wanna sue them and take them to The European Court of Human Rights.

Is there anyone up there who could have known little more about this?

Thank you

Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 17.Oct.2017, 03:32 PM
Post #2

In Sweden, "very" important "people" write down "very" important "things" on very" important pieces of paper.

And then, where possible, they flaunt these "very" important pieces of paper, to try to make themselves appear as being "above" it all, and better than everyone else.

Unfortunately, "very" important Swedes, more often than not, are entirely unfit for purpose, have little experience of anything, and have relied on unethical "brother-in-law" politics, to obtain their positions.

Also unfortunately in Sweden, it is the words, as they appear on the "very" important pieces of paper, that matters at all. In essence, the words have to look good, but they needn't actually mean, anything.

When you inform the "very" important Swedes, that while the "very" important words do indeed look "very" good, on the "very" important pieces of paper, they don't appear to accomplish the "very" important thing they were written about in the first place, they will simply show you the "very" important piece of paper, and read you the "very" important words.

That is in a nutshell, how Sweden operates.

The Swedish model: window-dressed everything, is our everything (but please, just don't look inside).
+
flaneur
post 17.Oct.2017, 08:29 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 17.Oct.2017, 04:32 PM) *
In Sweden, "very" important "people" write down "very" important "things" on very" important pieces of paper.And then, where possi ... (show full quote)

This is so funny, because it’s so true. I actually can’t believe that other people notice those things. In the beginning I thought that I was the problem for having those thoughts about Sweden.
People might think you’re bitter though. biggrin.gif
+
wallace1837
post 17.Oct.2017, 09:00 PM
Post #4

You are out of luck. The image of Sweden as a family friendly country is only bias self portrayed. If you are a foreigner, you have no change of seeing justice of any kind in Sweden.

Move while you can, Sweden is not a place to raise a family! https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...showtopic=86516 Updated link at the end (someone erase the links to flatted the portrait, but the facts remains).
+
wondering_again
post 18.Oct.2017, 10:21 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (izmlongot @ 17.Oct.2017, 03:05 PM) *
Hi everyone,After struggling too long to find a job I thought I found a very good job. After 3 months being internship and 9 months employee they fired me just 2 days before e ... (show full quote)

technically as you are not pregnant you cannot use that as a discrimination factor.

Have you talked to an employment lawyer in the meantime ? You can also try and talk to someone in the media if it will help put pressure.

my recommendation would have been to not inform the company on your plans before you had conceived . This is because once you were pregnant you could technically be on maternity leave for 6 years without pay of course(after year 1) but still be counted as an employee . It has happened at my work.
+
Gjeebes
post 18.Oct.2017, 12:56 PM
Post #6

"I actually can’t believe that other people notice those things. In the beginning I thought that I was the problem for having those thoughts about Sweden."

Well, Swedes, being the high-quality products of their own education systems, can't be blamed for their utter daftness (well, to a point...); they do not even register on their own "awareness" scale, which is calibrated on "complete ignorance".

We are not the problem, unless talking about it counts somehow...OK, so, yes, we ARE the problem.

But that is no problem for me. And I do hope I am personally responsible for some multi-fold increase in consumption of anti-anxiety pills Swedes are always chomping on. If I am not making them nervous by exposing the very retardedness they are constantly and so hyper-vigilantly proud of, I have done something wrong, and must clearly try harder. : )
+
Apache001
post 19.Oct.2017, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Gjeebes anytime anyone ask me about coming to live and work in Sweden I always send them some screenshots of your invaluable posts without me doing further explanations because you really have a ground understanding of Sweden and Swedes, and most times when I point out these things to Swedes they all act ignorant like they don’t know or it doesn’t exist, more like sweeping it under the carpet.

My experience is that looking from the outside you may think Swedes are all nice, friendly and awesome but when you come closer you would see that when you are dealing with Swedes you have to apply all cautions, as a matter of fact I always read out my riot acts to them beforehand in any dealings so we don’t get things twisted.

They can’t stand a divergent opinion and they can get all stressed up fast about it and feel a big anxiety, pain and panic in the heart.

As for OP the more you try to argue out your case, the more complicated it becomes because you are dealing with the Swedish ego where you are to shut up and not supposed to argue or say nej eller inte just to massage their failing ego and low self esteem.

Start looking for a new job because you won’t even enjoy working with that company anymore should they decide to rehire you which is very unlikely.
+
john.boy
post 21.Oct.2017, 10:00 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (izmlongot @ 17.Oct.2017, 04:05 PM) *
I wanna sue them and take them to The European Court of Human Rights.

Which Human Right has been violated?

Depending upon the size of your company, it is likely that the discussions with the Trade Union about reorg. started before you even spoke with your employer about IVF.
The trade union has quite a large input with regards the reorg and who has to leave. Did it strike you that maybe the employer was asking for the doctors note in order to protect you rather than anything else? They would not be able to tell you exactly why as they were probably in confidential discussions with the union.
+
izmlongot
post 1.Nov.2017, 11:06 AM
Post #9

No John,

None did happen the way you assumed. And you are very right to assume that way but I can assure you it did not. Sorry but I wish not to reply anymore but I can sincerely tell you it was really ugly not as the law serves or as you imagined. I was very upset butI moved on and looking for a fair place to work.

So thank you all I was pretty down but hey plenty of jobs out there lets see if swedes employee pregnant woman!

Bye smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles