Reply to this topic

llooking for lightweight material

where to find...

Desert girl
post 19.Oct.2017, 05:07 PM
Post #1

A current project is a wall mounted display case and I really don't want to use mdf or plywood. Has anyone seen that corrogated paper material, (decorboard, honeycomb) that I can buy in a small amount, Stockholm area?
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 19.Oct.2017, 07:07 PM
Post #2

https://panduro.com/sv-se/produkter/papper-...0-cm-2-m-672007
Not sure what you mean. Something like this?
Perhaps Kreatima might have something. They have a large store on Kungsgatan in central Stockholm I think.
+
Uncle Fred
post 20.Oct.2017, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Is this display cabinet going to have glass in it. Because if it does you will need something much stronger than paper.
You must also consider that it is hanging and not free standing. Why not plywood you can get lightweight plywood 3 to 4mm thick.
Caravans use lightweight materials internaly could this be a better way to go, as for finding in it Stockholm?
Look at this https://www.thecaravanwarehouse.co.uk/Produ...van-wall-boards it may give you some idea.
Or there always carbon fiber or titanium.
+
Desert girl
post 22.Oct.2017, 08:51 AM
Post #4

Because it supports literally no weight, just a paper object that weighs...20+grams or something, and has no glass elements, I wanted it to be almost weightless as well.

I have a backing of plexi, and I bought what I thought was melamin in Bauhaus, nep, it was a painted thin sheet of veneer. Actually, that was okay.

The cardboard material I am looking for has been available at matton butik.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to attach the material to the plexiglass.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles