Reply to this topic

Where to report rental illegality

renting with no address

pesanro
post 20.Oct.2017, 09:53 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I have a situation of someone wanting to rent her apartment but under the condition to not register myself living on that place in tax office.

That means me or any person renting would need to have a different place to receive the mail.

I was wondering how legal is that, and in case of illegality, how to report to authorities.

I have saved conversations where the person explicitly is requesting me not to register on tax office under that address that she is renting out.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Oct.2017, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Contact the persons landlord. It is illegal
+
pesanro
post 20.Oct.2017, 12:20 PM
Post #3

How do I get to know her landlord? the only I know is her name.
+
flaneur
post 20.Oct.2017, 12:21 PM
Post #4

F, yeah! Sue that beyotch! biggrin.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Oct.2017, 12:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (pesanro @ 20.Oct.2017, 12:20 PM) *
How do I get to know her landlord? the only I know is her name.

Have you been to the address? If you have, then in the entrance hall there will normally be information on a notice board or otherwise outside the place they normally have a sign saying who own the flats.

Otherwise send me a pm with her name and address and i´ll find ou for you
+
pesanro
post 20.Oct.2017, 01:01 PM
Post #6

Unfortunately I have not been to the address since I did not accept the condition about the address. I have just send a copy of the conversation to Skatteverket with her name. But I doubt they will move a finger on that. I will contact you.
+
flaneur
post 20.Oct.2017, 01:04 PM
Post #7

Well, hello, go to the address, maybe the person is hot and open for negotiations! biggrin.gif
+
rex
post 20.Oct.2017, 01:37 PM
Post #8

You'd be surprised but a lot of people do it, including Swedes and foreigners, and some even sell their addresses for the purpose of using it with Skatteverket. It's "highly" illegal but most state offices close their eyes on it because everyone does it and it's very difficult to prove for as long as both sides deny it and don't do anything extremely stupid.

In fact, it's so common that half of my friends have done it, and once even I was considering of living like that for a few months. We all know it's illegal but sometimes that's the only choice you get.

If it's actually happening, then you could report them to Skatteverket; you'd need their identifying information. If it's true then they'll get fined for a few hundred thousand kronor. Otherwise, just send the mail to the housing agency, they're kinda against it, and might take action against the renter.

But in all honesty, if I were you, I'd stay the fuck away. You didn't like the place or the agreement and that's fine for you, but someone else might *really* need it. It's easy to see in black and white when it's not you, however life is not like that.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Oct.2017, 01:41 PM
Post #9

Squealing on a commonplace thing???

What satisfaction are you looking for???
+
john.boy
post 21.Oct.2017, 09:38 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 20.Oct.2017, 01:13 PM) *
Contact the persons landlord. It is illegal

What is illegal?
+
intrepidfox
post 21.Oct.2017, 01:10 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (john.boy @ 21.Oct.2017, 09:38 AM) *
What is illegal?

I have a situation of someone wanting to rent her apartment but under the condition to not register myself living on that place in tax office.

That means me or any person renting would need to have a different place to receive the mail.

Isn´t it obvious just by reading the above. The tenant has either no permission to rent from the landlord or is probably still claiming bostadstilläg and dosn´t want to lose it.

+
john.boy
post 21.Oct.2017, 09:55 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 21.Oct.2017, 01:10 PM) *
Isn´t it obvious just by reading the above. The tenant has either no permission to rent from the landlord or is probably still claiming bostadstilläg and dosn´t want to lose it.

You may be quite right that the person offering the apartment is up to some shady business. Could it not also be possible that they only want to rent to someone that already has a regular residence elsewhere and just wants a place to stay, maybe for work during the week, in which case they would continue to be registered elsewhere?

Is offering an apartment for rent to someone who will not have the address as their registered address at Skatteverket, illegal?
+
rex
post 22.Oct.2017, 08:54 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (john.boy @ 21.Oct.2017, 10:55 PM) *
Is offering an apartment for rent to someone who will not have the address as their registered address at Skatteverket, illegal?

It's not illegal, but it's usually forbidden by the housing companies and councils for the obvious reasons; Skatteverket also wants you to give them an address of your habitation for tax purposes.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles