3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Where did Marknadsfokus get my name and address?

Just moved to Sweden and got junk mail from them

RAFS
post 16.Nov.2017, 07:12 PM
Post #1

I moved to Sweden 2 weeks ago. Rented an apartment via Bostad Direkt. I've applied for a personnummer, but haven't got it yet and I don't show up in a search on hitta.se.

Today I was surprised to get junk mail addressed to me from a company called Marknadsfokus. Can anyone explain where they could have got my address?

The only companies in Sweden that I've given this address to are:

- Bostad Direkt (but the address is written slightly differently there)
- IF for home insurance (address is also written differently)
- my employer (a small company, no way they would have given it out)
- Skatteverket
Go to the top of the page
+
wallace1837
post 16.Nov.2017, 07:39 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (RAFS @ 16.Nov.2017, 07:12 PM) *
I moved to Sweden 2 weeks ago. Rented an apartment via Bostad Direkt. I've applied for a personnummer, but haven't got it yet and I don't show up in a search on hi ... (show full quote)

Skatteverket put you on the national registry and you then surrender what you previously known as "privacy". E.g. anyone will be able to get your tax declaration from them from now on.
+
yet another brit
post 16.Nov.2017, 07:48 PM
Post #3

Difficult to say...probably somehow via Skatteverket, after all hitta.se and the others pull their data from there, which is free to do, so why not other companies...

Or one of the others (I wouldn't put it past Bostad Direkt to make a bit on the side), but somehow they updated the address....

Welcome to Sweden. Just chill and wait for the "Welcome to the neighbourhood, here is a healthy discount voucher for your first shop at the local Coop" type letters.
+
ChocOwl
post 16.Nov.2017, 08:31 PM
Post #4

The info probably comes from SPAR.
See: https://www.statenspersonadressregister.se/...sh-summary.html
You can write and request that your details not be given out for advertising purposes: https://www.statenspersonadressregister.se/...klamsparr.html#

Once you get a phone you can also register that so you won't (mostly) be called by advertisers: http://nixtelefon.org/
+
RAFS
post 16.Nov.2017, 09:50 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 16.Nov.2017, 07:48 PM) *
Or one of the others (I wouldn't put it past Bostad Direkt to make a bit on the side), but somehow they updated the address...

Oh, I wouldn't, either! It seems a bit strange that someone would manually tinker with the address - I'd expect it to just be copied exactly - but this is probably the most likely option.

Just chill and wait for the "Welcome to the neighbourhood, here is a healthy discount voucher for your first shop at the local Coop" type letters.

That's exactly what this was.

QUOTE (ChocOwl @ 16.Nov.2017, 08:31 PM) *
The info probably comes from SPAR.See: https://www.statenspersonadressregister.se/...sh-summary.htmlYou can write and request that your details not be given out for advertisin ... (show full quote)

Thanks, this is very useful. Looks like it requires login with a BankID, though, so I can't opt out of it until some time after all the advertisers have had a chance to get my details. wink.gif

If they did get it out of SPAR it seems a bit strange that I'm not in hitta.se yet. For the mail to arrive today they must have posted it yesterday, so hitta.se would have had an extra day to get the info.

Still, if this is what happened, it means I should get my personnummer soon, so that's a bit of a silver lining!
+
RAFS
post 16.Nov.2017, 09:55 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 16.Nov.2017, 07:39 PM) *
anyone will be able to get your tax declaration from them from now on.

A bit off-topic, but also interesting... I've heard about this before (and yes, I find it... difficult to comprehend, to say the least) and apparently if you look it up online you have to log in with your own personnummer and the "target" is notified. However, I've read that you can also go to the tax office in person and look it up there anonymously. If that's true, how? When I went there to register I saw a few computers, but they just seemed to have a standard web browser open. Where would I look for someone's tax return details while there?
+
Sthlm83
post 16.Nov.2017, 09:58 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (RAFS @ 16.Nov.2017, 09:50 PM) *
That's exactly what this was.

Enjoy your free grilled chicken/one pack of coffee/10% off smile.gif
+
Cheeseroller
post 17.Nov.2017, 10:17 AM
Post #8

For a small fee, anyone will be able to see your income using the Ratsit website. And if you eventually find yourself in the top 10% of taxpayers, your name, address and income will be published in articles by the Aftondagbladet and Expressen newspapers each year.

+
Gjeebes
post 17.Nov.2017, 11:09 AM
Post #9

"I find it... difficult to comprehend"

OMG! Sssssh! Don't ever indicate this again, in written or verbal format!

I had a discussion about this, at a dinner party with Swedes. The very moment I brought to light the general "lack of privacy" here, I was asked (and not in a friendly way), "what do I have to hide from the polis"?

The brain-washed Swedes think that any desire for privacy is indicative of some kind of criminality!

Simply mind-blowing!
+
Bsmith
post 17.Nov.2017, 11:50 AM
Post #10

And yet there are an estimated 2,000 jihadist terrorists running around in Sweden whose location is unknown.
+
Cheeseroller
post 17.Nov.2017, 11:53 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 17.Nov.2017, 11:50 AM) *
And yet there are an estimated 2,000 jihadist terrorists running around in Sweden whose location is unknown.

And 1000 missing migrant "children" who no doubt will be given full pensions and driving licences when they decide to be found.

+
Cheeseroller
post 17.Nov.2017, 11:55 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 17.Nov.2017, 11:09 AM) *
"I find it... difficult to comprehend"OMG! Sssssh! Don't ever indicate this again, in written or verbal format!I had a discussion about this, at a ... (show full quote)

Makes you wonder if they believe that a Swedish match, won't burn them :-)
+
ChocOwl
post 18.Nov.2017, 12:17 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (RAFS @ 16.Nov.2017, 09:50 PM) *
Thanks, this is very useful. Looks like it requires login with a BankID, though, so I can't opt out of it until some time after all the advertisers have had a chance to ge ... (show full quote)

It says you can just email them. Snailmail should also be OK, that's what I used many years ago.
+
RAFS
post 18.Nov.2017, 08:44 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (ChocOwl @ 18.Nov.2017, 12:17 AM) *
It says you can just email them. Snailmail should also be OK, that's what I used many years ago.

If you mean spar@skatteverket.se it says (according to Google Translate) that that's for cancelling a "revoked consent", i.e. allowing junk mail again as I understand. Anyway, they still ask for a personnummer there. I'll just have to wait a bit.
+
RAFS
post 18.Nov.2017, 10:27 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 17.Nov.2017, 10:17 AM) *
For a small fee, anyone will be able to see your income using the Ratsit website.

Ha! I show up in a search on Ratsit! Didn't know about that site, thanks a lot! So apparently I am now registered, hitta.se is just a bit slow to update. I tried registering on Ratsit, but it tells me that to view salaries I need to enter my personnummer (and get it verified by SMS or letter), so looks like that's not anonymous.

On the results page Ratsit offers me to buy the "Ratsit Directory 2017 - Issue 4" and says "(RAFS) finns med i denna katalog. Där anges hans inkomst (kr/år) och om han har anmärkningar (Ja/Nej)" I very much doubt that!

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 17.Nov.2017, 10:17 AM) *
And if you eventually find yourself in the top 10% of taxpayers, your name, address and income will be published in articles by the Aftondagbladet and Expressen newspapers each year.

10% of taxpayers would be hundreds of thousands of names. I'm not sure what is the point of publishing that. What's the threshold to be in the top 10% anyway?
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles