Reply to this topic

150 meter house rented to 8 people

Is it legal?

roostaamir
post 17.Nov.2017, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Hi
I am a student at BTH university and I am living in a house in Lyckeby Karlskrona.
Because I was a student, and I didn't have much choice with housing options, I was somehow forced to rent from my current landlord. It is a 150m house with 5 rooms (although the contract says six), with a really high rent of 4500 kr, and at first, when I moved in, there were 5 people in the house (including me). Two months have passed and now the rooms are rented to 8 people and by a rough estimation, the landlord is renting the whole house for 25000 kr per month. I wanted to know if my landlord's actions are legal or not?

Thank you in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
DuneSunny
post 17.Nov.2017, 03:11 PM
Post #2

It depends what is stated on the contract. If it is a private house, then the owner ca rent it to whoever they like as long as the person / persons are legally in Sweden.
+
roostaamir
post 17.Nov.2017, 07:39 PM
Post #3

It is a private house yes. So you mean that he can rent to 100 people if he wants?
+
john.boy
post 18.Nov.2017, 01:37 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (roostaamir @ 17.Nov.2017, 08:39 PM) *
It is a private house yes. So you mean that he can rent to 100 people if he wants?

Doesn't matter if it is public or private house or apartment, there is no law. The only rule that might exist is that set by the landlord with regards how many people they allow in an apartment, and for your info in an apartment the general rule used by even public housing companies is in a 4 room apartment around 8-10 people is ok. The rule is pretty useless though since there is no support in law to evict/cancel tenants because there are too many living in the accommodation biggrin.gif
+
DuneSunny
post 20.Nov.2017, 10:31 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (roostaamir @ 17.Nov.2017, 07:39 PM) *

It will depend upon what is stated in your lease. If for example it states that your room is exclusively for you, then the landlord cannot let it to multiple people. The Landlord can effectively let it too as many people as they want.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles